PDA

View Full Version : Battlerager...

kkortekaas
2007-07-24, 10:37 AM
Hi folks,
I'm looking to create a battlerager type character, but I don't know if the prc in Races of Faerun is still 'usable' and I'm not sure if it's the best bang for my buck.

Can anyone provide assistance in creating my Shield Dwarf "butt kicker"?

Zincorium
2007-07-24, 11:09 AM
All stuff from 3.0, unless updated, is supposed to be still valid in a 3.5 game. Battlerager doesn't even require any updates to be valid, nothing in the prerequisites or abilities has been superseded.

Having played a battlerager character, it's nice. The additional uses of rage make blowing a rage on almost every combat feasible at 5th. And since it's only 5 levels, you can take a whole 'nother PrC by 20th if you plan well.

Oeryn
2007-07-24, 11:13 AM
I can't help with any of the "Crunch". When I come up with an idea like that, I usually use one of the basic classes, and change the fluff around to suit my needs.

Speakin' of which, this may not be at ALL what you're goin' for, but Second Edition had a cool dwarf "kit" called Vindicator, which was basically a cleric that could rage. They sang dwarven hymns to their war gods as they raged, and I always thought that was cool as hell.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the Complete Dwarves Handbook for free online, somewhere. The mechanics aren't usable, I'd imagine, but it's got some cool ideas for dwarves, and you might get some inspiration.

kkortekaas
2007-07-24, 11:33 AM
What other PRC's would you recommend on top of say Fighter / Barbarian / Battlerager?

Neon Knight
2007-07-24, 11:42 AM
Frenzied Berserker from Complete Warrior is a possibility.

However, your group might not appreciate the fact that you begin frenzying when you take any damage whatsoever.

Matthew
2007-07-26, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen the Complete Dwarves Handbook for free online, somewhere. The mechanics aren't usable, I'd imagine, but it's got some cool ideas for dwarves, and you might get some inspiration.

It wouldn't have been legally free, that's for sure. Still, a good book.