PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find obscure D&D spell

Vichrae
2017-02-27, 09:37 PM
I've been searching online to no avail, so I'm hoping someone with a better memory than me can help.

There was a spell in a D&D source around the time of 2nd edition, (I think it was possibly in a D&D-based video game) called Bladeblack? Maybe it was Blackblade...

It was a low level spell...it wasn't Blackblade of Disaster.

Can anyone help?

thorr-kan
2017-02-27, 10:03 PM
I've been searching online to no avail, so I'm hoping someone with a better memory than me can help.

There was a spell in a D&D source around the time of 2nd edition, (I think it was possibly in a D&D-based video game) called Bladeblack? Maybe it was Blackblade...

It was a low level spell...it wasn't Blackblade of Disaster.

Can anyone help?

What did it do?

Vichrae
2017-02-27, 10:21 PM
What did it do?

I wish I could recall...something about hiding a weapon.

lightningcat
2017-02-27, 10:24 PM
I've got nothing. Not in any of my books, and nothing with my GoogleFu. The closest I could find was Blackblade of Disaster (9), Blackstaff (8), and Wind Blade (4).

Perhaps if you describe what the spell did? Ninja'd.

Did it change the weapon into a tattoo?

Vichrae
2017-02-27, 11:05 PM
Thank you for searching. I know I'm not providing much to go on, but it's been over 20 years.

I remember this because I was considering making a thief/mage, and found this spell...somewhere...and thought it was cool.

I will keep wracking my brain and post if I have any more clues.

BigBadHarve
2017-02-27, 11:18 PM
I don't know about a spell, but in the Arms and Equipment guide there's a liquid you can purchase called 'Weaponblack.'

The effect of it is that you coat your blade with it whilst hiding in shadows and get a 5% bonus the hide roll because your weapon is dulled and non-reflective. It rubs off after you successfully hit an enemy.

That close to what you're thinking of?

LibraryOgre
2017-02-28, 12:22 PM
Blacksteel, a 1st level spell from the Forgotten Realms, makes a weapon dark, silent, and non-reflective. It doesn't make sound when scraping against armor or cutting flesh. It doesn't glint in the light.

thirdkingdom
2017-03-04, 03:26 PM
Blacksteel, a 1st level spell from the Forgotten Realms, makes a weapon dark, silent, and non-reflective. It doesn't make sound when scraping against armor or cutting flesh. It doesn't glint in the light.

Okay, I'm officially impressed.

LibraryOgre
2017-03-06, 11:24 AM
Okay, I'm officially impressed.

Don't be. I have the Wizard's Spell Compendium and they knew it was called "Black" or "Blade" something or other.

Mutazoia
2017-03-15, 05:44 AM
Don't be. I have the Wizard's Spell Compendium and they knew it was called "Black" or "Blade" something or other.

Yes, but does it list such obscure gems as "Awaken Intelligence" or "Imbue Undead with Spell Ability"? heh

thorr-kan
2017-03-15, 10:27 AM
Yes, but does it list such obscure gems as "Awaken Intelligence" or "Imbue Undead with Spell Ability"? heh
Yes. Yes it does. All four glorious volumes of it.

The Priest's Spell Compendium glorious, too, but it only has three volumes worth of gloriousness.

LibraryOgre
2017-03-15, 10:47 AM
Yes. Yes it does. All four glorious volumes of it.

The Priest's Spell Compendium glorious, too, but it only has three volumes worth of gloriousness.

Two fewer levels of spells to deal with.

thorr-kan
2017-03-15, 11:08 AM
Two fewer levels of spells to deal with.
I honestly think arcane spells got more love than divine spells. It's a quantity thing, not a quality thing. Maybe people could see a wizard researching; priests, not so much researching, I think.

Regardless, glorious, both of them.