PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder For Honor as a Pathfinder Campaign

AlmaPenzare
2017-02-28, 05:53 AM
Just did some idle thinking on how I would go about translating the 3 factions in For Honor to Pathfinder as well as their classes using some good old Path of War, here are my ideas so far and I'd like to hear your thoughts and Suggestions

Factions

Each of the the three factions counts as a different race, rather than all counting as humans.

Knights - Dwarves
Vikings - Orcs
Samurai - Elves (But weapon Familiarity instead applies to one Exotic eastern weapon)

Each Race all counts as one class

Knights - Myrmidon
Vikings - Primal Disciple
Samurai - Hidden Blade/Rubato, I can't decide

Rather than using the classes given discipline listings, you gain your disciplines by race and class. Knights all have Scarlet Throne, Vikings all have Primal Fury, Samurai all have Mithral Current

Then each class type gives you a discipline.

Vanguard - Golden Lion
Heavy - Iron Tortoise
Assassin - Veiled Moon

Then each individual class get's a discipline more unique to them. This is except for the Hybrids, who instead get the disciplines of both their class types (EG a Lawbringers disciplines are Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise and Scarlet Throne)

Warder - Broken Blade
PeaceKeeper - Steel Serpent
Conqueror - Eternal Guardian
Raider - Black Seraph
Berzerker - Thrashing Dragon
Warlord - Golden Lion
Kensei - Cursed Razor
Orochi - Sleeping Goddess
Shugoki - Primal Fury

There are a few exceptions to the race rules.
Peacekeeper - Halfling
Shugoki - Half Orc

dude123nice
2017-03-01, 05:37 PM
It's Warden not Warder. And why give Warden Broken Blade ,Orochi Sleeping Goddess and Kensei Cursed Razor? Those choices make no sense. Wouldn't Scarlet Throne for the Warden, and Mithral Current for one of the two samurai classes be better choices? Also why not have the Knights be Humans?

legomaster00156
2017-03-01, 07:13 PM
Actually, it is Warder. :smallsmile:

dude123nice
2017-03-01, 08:10 PM
Actually, it is Warder. :smallsmile:

We are talking about For Honor classes not PoW classes.

Sayt
2017-03-01, 08:27 PM
I applaud the general idea, but I honestly don't think the rigid framework you've imposed on the the factions and classes meshes well with the diversity of for honor's classes, and there are some here which don't make sense to me. Furthermore, a lot of the path of war discliplines are broader than the for honor classes.

That being said, the knights (for now, I'm on a break)
Warden: primarily Scarlet Throne, with elements of Primal Fury
Peacekeeper: a mix of thrashing dragon, veiled moon and steel serpent.
Conqueror: Iron Tortoise, with a few eternal guardian moves thrown in.
Lawbringer: Hard-out Piercing thunder and perhaps some iron tortoise (a la ZweiSent) and/or golden lion.

AlmaPenzare
2017-03-03, 06:31 AM
All the samurai classes got mithral current as their racial discipline.

The reason I chose broken blade for warden was how they fight seems to have a heavy focus on what would be combat maneuveres in pf. Bull rush, grapple, drag, trip. All things that would work well with their playstyle.

As for cursed razor, honestly couldnt think of much.

And for why I didnt make the knights human, because that felt like cheating. If both the other factions have to deal with the rigidity and set nature of a non human race, why should the knights get +2 to any stat and a feat. Plus the slow and steady ability suited the knights well

Shackel
2017-03-03, 08:08 AM
Although it would make all of them full initiators rather than the initiator archetypes, perhaps consider Knights being Warders, Vikings being Warlords and Samurai being Bushi Stalkers?

AlmaPenzare
2017-03-03, 08:18 AM
Although it would make all of them full initiators rather than the initiator archetypes, perhaps consider Knights being Warders, Vikings being Warlords and Samurai being Bushi Stalkers?

That's not bad though I did try and avoid making them full intiiators. Still those class choices are all pretty perfect for them

dude123nice
2017-03-04, 12:54 PM
All the samurai classes got mithral current as their racial discipline.

The reason I chose broken blade for warden was how they fight seems to have a heavy focus on what would be combat maneuveres in pf. Bull rush, grapple, drag, trip. All things that would work well with their playstyle.

As for cursed razor, honestly couldnt think of much.

And for why I didnt make the knights human, because that felt like cheating. If both the other factions have to deal with the rigidity and set nature of a non human race, why should the knights get +2 to any stat and a feat. Plus the slow and steady ability suited the knights well

Dwarfs are one of the, hands down, best races in PF.

AlmaPenzare
2017-03-04, 09:02 PM
Dwarfs are one of the, hands down, best races in PF.

But they are consistent, my problem with humans is how they can be anything.