PDA

View Full Version : The Blackflame Zealot is a Decent Crafter

ATHATH
2017-02-28, 02:38 PM
"Sacred Flame (Su): Beginning at 6th level, at will, a black flame zealot can command a single melee weapon in his possession to burn with a black, deadly fire. The weapon gains the flaming ability, dealing 1d6 points of fire damage per successful attack in addition to its normal weapon damage. Once per day, as a free action the black flame zealot can instead bestow the flaming burst property on a weapon in his possession for 1 minute."

Notice something missing?

As far as I can tell, the weapons that the BFZ uses Sacred Flame on stay enchanted even after they leave his possession or he enchants another weapon.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Whoops, I meant to post this in the 3.5 subforum.

Yora
2017-02-28, 02:50 PM
If the weapon leaves his possession it no longer qualifies for the enchantment and loses it.

KillianHawkeye
2017-02-28, 02:55 PM
I'd say it's pretty obvious that the intent is for the ability to only function on weapons that the BFZ keeps in his own possession, not ones he drops or gives to another person. I also don't see anything that limits it to one weapon at a time, so if the BFZ is a dual-wielder there's nothing stopping him from putting black flames on both his weapons (or even more if he has extra arms and extra weapons).

Starbuck_II
2017-03-01, 12:46 PM
"Sacred Flame (Su): Beginning at 6th level, at will, a black flame zealot can command a single melee weapon in his possession to burn with a black, deadly fire. The weapon gains the flaming ability, dealing 1d6 points of fire damage per successful attack in addition to its normal weapon damage. Once per day, as a free action the black flame zealot can instead bestow the flaming burst property on a weapon in his possession for 1 minute."

Notice something missing?

As far as I can tell, the weapons that the BFZ uses Sacred Flame on stay enchanted even after they leave his possession or he enchants another weapon.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: Whoops, I meant to post this in the 3.5 subforum.
I say it works. He could even start a loan business. Pay him 100 gp/day to maintain this flaming ability. Since he can at will, turn it off.

Stealth Marmot
2017-03-01, 02:00 PM
Your thoughts?

Use of unclear or imperfectly worded language in order to try to create an exploit is not actual cleverness, but pedantry.

JBPuffin
2017-03-01, 04:13 PM
Use of unclear or imperfectly worded language in order to try to create an exploit is not actual cleverness, but pedantry.

And the basis for a substantial fraction of optimization discussion.