PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here remember the old PC game "Sacrifice"?

Username
2007-07-24, 11:47 AM
The one with the 5 gods, sort of a RTS game? I have great memories of this game but I sadly lost the disk.

For those who have played this game, which god was your favorite? I was sympathetic towards James (the earth god) myself.

Blayze
2007-07-24, 11:56 AM
Ah, Sacrifice. Indeed, I remember it. I was also partial towards James, seeing as how I liked playing Earthworm Jim as a kid and the other gods didn't really suit me. Never got really far in it, sadly. Gonna have to replay it sometime.

Username
2007-07-24, 12:05 PM
James was such a sympathetic character because when it came down to it, he was the only actually nice god. The life/forest goddess was too self-righteous, James simply wanted there to be peace (it's interesting watching in the early portion of the game how is desperate attempts to solve things without fighting crumble and he eventually goes on the offensive).

The Evil Thing
2007-07-24, 05:10 PM
I remember Sacrifice. I enjoyed playing it but eventually got stuck and gave up about 3/4 the way through. Still a great deal of fun. I mean to give it another go but never get round to it.

I agree James was the nicest god but Charnal was quite amusing in his own way.

I loved Zyzyx's rather sarcastic attitude and smart-ass interjections.

Deleran
2007-07-24, 06:39 PM
Charnel all the way. Animate dead was brutal.

Username
2007-07-24, 07:10 PM
Charnel was indeed amusing, I never really suspected him.

"Why would I want to destroy the world? That's where all the best slaughter (or was it evil? I forget) takes place."

I think Xykon makes a similar quote to Roy before killing him.

For those who got far enough, did you suspect the real betraying god? I must admit I didn't see it coming.

Demented
2007-07-24, 07:24 PM
James really was my favorite god. His two highest spells were perfect. Bovine Intervention! MOOOOoooo

There's just not enough time to say all the great things about the other gods... But Statos' Tornado made for some excellent ambience.

My favorite quote, roughly paraphrased:
"Death is not the answer to everything, Charnel."
"True... Torture also has its merits."

Tom_Violence
2007-07-24, 07:47 PM
I do remember the game, yes.

But know this - I shall hate you forever. Why? Because now I have Elton Bloody John stuck in my head!

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-25, 04:08 AM
I know a friend who liked it but I never saw the point.

The Evil Thing
2007-07-25, 08:00 AM
What do you mean, you never saw the point?

Kill, maim, destroy! What could possibly be a better objective in a game?