PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Race rebalancing thread.

Avianmosquito
2017-02-28, 07:05 PM
I need to balance goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, kobolds, lizardfolk AND sahuagin for player use in Aelsif. This may prove difficult, as none of these are balanced for player use right now. If anybody has already balanced these, please let me know as it would save me a LOT of time.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-02-28, 09:14 PM
What system?

Avianmosquito
2017-02-28, 09:21 PM
What system?

3.5e, some modifications.

nonsi
2017-03-01, 03:14 AM
I need to balance goblins, hobgoblins, orcs, kobolds, lizardfolk AND sahuagin for player use in Aelsif. This may prove difficult, as none of these are balanced for player use right now. If anybody has already balanced these, please let me know as it would save me a LOT of time.

Goblins are decent. The combination of small size, speed 30, darkvision and racial bonuses to stealth skills seems pretty solid to me.
Kobolds as presented in Races of the Dragon are also decent some of the time.
Sahuagin are impractical for most cases.

Avianmosquito
2017-03-01, 03:27 AM
Goblins are decent. The combination of small size, speed 30, darkvision and racial bonuses to stealth skills seems pretty solid to me.

They also have a net -2 on their stats, but I'll agree they need quite possibly the least work. Removing one of their penalties or adding a second +2 bonus would almost do it entirely, but on what attribute? Their favoured class is rogue, so maybe an intelligence bonus? Beyond that, what? That's still not quite enough.

Kobolds as presented in Races of the Dragon are also decent some of the time.

I'm not familiar with this version, and all I have to work with is the SRD.

Sahuagin are impractical for most cases.

Because of the water dependence? Because I was trying to give the players an option for aquatic campaigns, and it was either this or locathah. (I'm probably choosing "both".)

nonsi
2017-03-01, 04:16 AM
I'm not familiar with this version, and all I have to work with is the SRD.

Races of the Dragon and Dragon Magic are both very interesting. I'd suggest you find a way to get yourself copies of those.
Combined with Races of the Wild, a player could build an awesome draconic character.