PDA

View Full Version : Kalos but no Cigar! IC V

NeoSeraphi
2017-02-28, 10:28 PM
Meilleure Fille has finally brought an end to the five year conflict in Johto. By sneaking past the Team Rocket thugs and defeating Giovanni in a six-on-six battle, she convinced the crime boss to cut his losses and simply work on rebuilding his Kanto empire.

She has met and befriended Eternia, the Pokemon Celebi who seems to have power over time. The Pokemon has joined her quest to try and help her put a stop to Malamar, an evil Pokemon who wishes to call Arceus back to the world so he can remake the world without humans in it.

Along the way, Mei met a man named Stark Frostfell. A general in the Johto army and the former Champion of the Johto League, Stark is leagues more powerful than Mei is in a Pokemon Battle, but his health and well-being have largely been affected by five years of conflict and strife. He is a shell of his former self, plagued by nightmares, untreated injuries and malnutrition.

Stark is possessed by Crescendo, a Ho-Oh that seeks to reunite with his partner Sonata, a Lugia. Mei knows that Sonata has been captured and corrupted by the figurehead leader of Team Heartless, Xehanort. She has to put a stop to Malamar's plans so she can free Sonata and save the hearts of Shadow Pokemon and humans everywhere!

After a good night's rest, Mei awakens to find Eternia hard at work putting the plane they crashed back together. Using her temporal manipulation, Eternia is reforming the plane to its state exactly before it hit the ground, and then lowering it safely to the ground.

Stark hops into the plane once it's been fully repaired and starts tapping at the controls. "Hmm...everything seems to be working. Whenever you're ready, Mei, we can go back to Kalos."

Diachronos
2017-02-28, 10:35 PM
Mei climbs up into the cockpit with him, squeezing in behind Stark so that they can get the hatch closed. "I just hope we don't have another landing like the one when we got to Johto."

NeoSeraphi
2017-02-28, 10:43 PM
"I imagine Team Heartless would have a hard time buying rocket launchers in Kalos," Stark muses, and the two of them take off.

This time, with no worries or anticipations about a new land going through her mind, Mei is able to much more freely enjoy the sights of the world below her. There are beautiful hills, grassy plains, exotic forests and towering waterfalls. There are Rapidash grazing, Aipom climbing, Phanpy rolling and Swellow flying. She sees a Milotic breach the water and sing loudly into the sky. Majestic, the entire world that she was born into. Simply majestic.

Diachronos
2017-03-01, 09:07 PM
Mei sighs happily as they soar over the lands between Kalos and Johto. Would she have a chance to see them at some point? She hopes so; there's so much to the world that she simply can't see by staying at home...

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-01, 09:14 PM
Stark slowly brings the plane to a dive and pulls into the Lumiose hangar with little worry. As they land, Mei looks up to see Adaggio approaching the plane.

"Champion Frostfell. I am so pleased to see that you have arrived in Kalos safely. If you come with me, I have your meeting ready."

Stark takes off his helmet and brushes the sweat off his brow, then nods. "Thank you, Director."

Diachronos
2017-03-01, 09:22 PM
Mei waves to Stark as he heads off. "I'll meet up with you at the Pokemon Center, alright?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-01, 09:22 PM
Stark agrees and the two of them walk away together.

Diachronos
2017-03-02, 09:13 PM
Mei heads to the hospital first, wanting to see if Angela and Arios are still there.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-02, 09:15 PM
Mei is informed that Arios was discharged a few days ago.

Diachronos
2017-03-02, 09:16 PM
Since they aren't here, Mei heads to the Pokemon Center to get her team patched up. While at the center, she gives her parents a call to let them know she made it back.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-02, 09:26 PM
Linette is thrilled to get a call from her. "Mei, I'm so glad to see you came back safely! The news says that Giovanni has pulled out of Johto entirely. After this long we didn't think it would ever end. Are you okay?"

Diachronos
2017-03-02, 09:27 PM
"Yeah, I'm doing alright. A little banged up, but nothing that a few days in town can't fix."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-02, 09:29 PM
"Okay. Oh, right! Mei, His Majesty asked me to tell you that he would like an audience with you, whenever it's most convenient."

Diachronos
2017-03-02, 09:31 PM
Mei blinks. "Did he say what he wanted to see me about?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-02, 09:33 PM
Linette shakes her head. "Sorry, but no. The king has been seeing to Elaina's recovery personally, he really hasn't left her side since she returned."

Diachronos
2017-03-02, 09:54 PM
"Alright. I'll be over once I've checked in with everybody."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-02, 10:27 PM
Linette nods and hangs up. Mei considers things. Angela and Arios are likely at the place Angela rented in Shalour City. Gabriel and Sapphiron are probably back home as well, in Anistar City.

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 12:05 AM
Mei decides to stop in to see Angela and Arios, to let them know she's alright.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 12:08 AM
Angela opens the door when Mei arrives. "Oh hey! You're back! It's nice to see you again. Why don't you come in?" She steps out of the way.

Mei walks inside and can see that Angela has gotten a nice place for herself. It looks pretty small, but there's plenty of furniture. A blanket folded on the arm of the couch lets Mei know that Arios has been sleeping there. There seems to only be one bedroom.

Angela sits down across from her. "I saw that Team Rocket surrendered on the news. That's amazing! You had a hand in that, didn't you? There's no way it's just coinci- Ah! Mei, there's a legendary Pokemon on your head!"

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 03:41 AM
Mei smiles at Angela. "Yes. This is Eternia. She's agreed to come back and help me deal with Team Heartless."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 09:42 AM
Angela nods. "Okay, so how can I help?" she asks. "Marluxia and the others are all in prison, I made sure of that. None of them will come to stop you."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 09:04 PM
"Well, most of the Shadows are out of the picture at this rate. It sounds like it might be time to take the fight directly to Xehanort."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 09:05 PM
Angela's expression turns to one of worry. "But...you still have no idea who Xehanort is, right? Are you just planning to kill him?"

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 09:09 PM
"No, at least not if there's any chance of saving him. Malamar is the one controlling him, so if we can remove Malamar from the picture we might be able to get Xehanort's heart back.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 09:12 PM
Eternia floats down. "Malamar has absorbed the strength of the closed hearts of many Shadow Pokemon. He is incredibly strong. You will need to fight carefully in order to defeat him. You cannot hold anything back, Mei."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 09:21 PM
"I'd assumed that much." She considers their options; is there any way to weaken Malamar?

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 09:22 PM
Angela is at a loss for words.

Maybe Gabriel or Sapphiron would know something about this...

Come to think of it, Mei realizes she hasn't seen Arios at all since she arrived.

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 09:31 PM
"Angela, do you know where Arios has gone off to?" She'll have a talk with the knight, then head to see Gabriel and Sapphiron.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 09:32 PM
Angela winces. "He was called to the Royal Palace...it looks like the knights are assembling for an all-out offensive on Mistalton."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 09:51 PM
"I see..." So there would be a small army going after the city... I'll have to talk to the king about that, then. She says farewell to Angela and heads to Anistar to see Gabriel and Sapphiron.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 09:53 PM
Mei knocks on the door to Sapphiron's house, but no one answers. She does hear some noise coming from inside though.

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 10:11 PM
Mei knocks a little louder. "Sapphiron? Gabriel?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 10:14 PM
The door opens and Gabriel looks out. "Oh! Hello, Mei."

"Who's there?!" a voice calls from the kitchen.

"It's Mei!" Gabriel calls over his shoulder.

"Oh, perfect!"

Sapphiron walks up to the front door and puts her hands on her hips. "Mei, please tell my husband that he should not be cooking hot foods while his arm is in a cast!"

Gabriel rolls his eyes. "Sapphiron, we've been over this. A Trubbish wouldn't eat the things you make."

Sapphiron's cheeks burn. "D-Don't say things like that in front of company! I am a Pokemon super sleu - I mean, I am a professional adult detective who is suuuuuuuuuuuper mature! I can cook for my husband while he is ill and he is going to eat it!"

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 10:19 PM
"Uh..." What have I walked into this time? "She's got a point, Gabriel, you should be letting your arm heal..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 10:20 PM
"Hah! Says the woman who broke it!" Gabriel shoots back.

Sapphiron frowns. "Don't even joke like that, Gabriel. You're going to hurt her feelings."

"Come on, Mei just got back from a war. I think her feelings are pretty shot by this point anyway," Gabriel replies with a shrug. "So, Mei. What brings you here?"

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 10:25 PM
"I just came by to see how you two were doing."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 10:29 PM
Sapphiron smiles. "Oh, we're just fine Mei. Thanks for asking. Don't worry, I'm taking good care of Gabriel, so you can just go ahead and do whatever you need to do while you're here. Give my best to your parents."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 10:42 PM
Mei nods and heads to the Royal Palace. It's time to meet with the king.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 10:51 PM
Mei arrives at the Palace. King Lionel smiles as she walks before his throne. "Ah, Agent Fille. There you are. Are you ready to begin the attack on Mistalton City?"

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 10:57 PM
Mei considers that. Is she ready? "Your Excellency, may I ask what the plan is for when we go to Mistaton?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 11:00 PM
King Lionel sits back. "My Royal Knights will engage with the Shadows and grunts of Team Heartless. We shall occupy them so that the path to the castle is open. We will leave the leader to you. Most of the grunts are just children led astray, without a leader they will go back to their homes and live normal lives again."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 11:07 PM
Mei nods. "Alright. I need a little more time to prepare, but I'll do my best to make it quick."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 11:10 PM
The king nods. "There is a Pokemon Center here at the palace with a PC. Take all the time you need. We will leave when you are ready."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 11:21 PM
Mei nods and heads to adjust her team. She also makes a call to the KBI to see if they're going to be contributing to the attack.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 11:26 PM
Adaggio answers the phone. When Mei asks her about the KBI, she responds. "No, my people are staying in Lumiose. Well out of the way. The Royal Knights are not soldiers. They're executioners. The majority of their work involves taking down dangerous and wild Pokemon. To that end, they tend to use weapons and Pokemon that are extremely long range and cover an extremely wide area. That's why Mistalton is likely the only town they'll ever be deployed in, there's no chance for civilian casualties if you can assume every inhabitant is an enemy."

Diachronos
2017-03-08, 11:36 PM
"I understand." I guess I'm an exception to that, then. "Is Stark still at the KBI headquarters?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-08, 11:42 PM
"He and Elaina are in the middle of a pretty heated argument at the moment," Adaggio replies.

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 03:40 PM
"An argument? What could they be arguing about at a time like this?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 03:44 PM
"She doesn't want him taking part in the operation," Adaggio explains. "Her Absol has predicted a great misfortune befalling Stark soon. And Stark's view on it is that he would rather take on any misfortune than let anyone else suffer a second longer because of Team Heartless."

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 03:51 PM
Mei sighs. "I have an idea of what Elaina means, and I'm willing to bet that she's right. Crescendo, the Ho-oh possessing Stark, is wanting to find its partner Sonata. And Sonata is the Shadow Lugia that's under Team Heartless' control"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 04:00 PM
"Well, I'm staying out of it. If you want to come speak to the two of them then that's your business," Adaggio replies. "Otherwise, they'll sort it out themselves."

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 04:02 PM
"Alright, I'll be over soon." She heads off to Lumiose to put an end to the argument.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 04:07 PM
Mei arrives at the KBI. Adaggio sighs and points to a conference room.

Mei opens the door and has to duck out of the way as a blast of fire comes at her.

"Heh! You're pretty tough...for an amateur!" Stark comments, with a large Pokemon standing in front of him. Mei's PokeDex registers it as Magmortar.

"Hmm...I'm impressed by your skills, but that doesn't change anything about what's going to happen to you. I won't let you go through with this!" Elaina insists.

"You're going to have to win this battle if you want to get your way."

"Good! Unlike you, I'm rather used to winning!"

The room goes silent and Stark stares at her.

"O-oh, Arceus, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"Seriously, Elaina, the war just ended!"

"I know, I just have a darker sense of humor than everyone else."

"Argh, let's get back to the battle! Magmortar, use Overheat!"

"Sharpedo, use Surf!"

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 04:16 PM
Mei walks in once the doorway is clear. "What's gotten into you two?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 04:21 PM
Stark glances over at her. "Mei? What are you -"

Sharpedo took the opportunity and launched another attack. Magmortar faints!

"Oh, cheap shot! Cheap shot!" Stark says with a glare.

"All's fair in love and Pokemon battles," Elaina replies with a wink.

"Look, Elaina is some superstitious weirdo who thinks that just because her Pokemon's hair stands on end it means the world is going to end," Stark mutters.

"Absol is known as the Disaster Pokemon for a reason! If you come with me, you could die!"

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 04:29 PM
Mei groans and rubs her temples. "Elaina, has your Absol been able to predict a more specific thing that might happen to him?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 04:36 PM
Elaina frowns. "Well, no, but...I know it's going to be awful, whatever it is!"

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 05:20 PM
"Well, I have an idea of what it might be... and I think Elaina's right, Stark. It might be better if you stay here."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 05:28 PM
Stark frowns. "Hm...Well, alright then Mei. If it's coming from you, I won't say no. Just don't lose out there."

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 05:33 PM
"I'm sorry, Stark..."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 05:35 PM
Stark shakes his head. "Don't be sorry. If you think this is the right thing to do, hold your head up high and be proud that you've done it."

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 06:21 PM
"Alright. We'll be back before you know it."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 06:32 PM
Mei and Elaina return to the Royal Palace together.

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 08:48 PM
Mei takes one final moment to adjust her team. She brings Saisho, Goliath, Paprika, Yuki, Articuno, Raikou, Phosphora, and Inari.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 08:53 PM
The king organizes his militia and the group boards an airship. They fly directly into Mistalton.

At the king's direction, Elaina and Mei stay back while the Royal Knights are deployed. Team Heartless grunts pour out of every building to try and halt their advance, but it is just as Adaggio said. Grenades, assault rifles, Hyper Beams and Surfs come out of every direction, sweeping entire troops aside before they can even reach for their belts.

An enormous man wielding a giant hammer emerges from the Pokemon Center. Mei has to assume that's Number V. Arios confronts him directly and the two of them clash with their giant melee weapons.

Sai'x and Xigbar are quick to reinforce, but each of them is taken on by three Knights at once. They aren't outmatched, but they definitely have their hands full.

At this point, the chaos is too widespread for anyone to stop the pair of Trainers. Elaina and Mei head outside and Elaina points to Xehanort's castle.

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 09:21 PM
Mei runs inside, keeping an eye out for Malamar or Xehanort. "Eternia, can you sense either of them in here?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 09:28 PM
Eternia flies up into the air and closes her eyes. "Hmm...Area clear of hostiles."

Elaina spins around and points her pistol at the Celebi.

Eternia raises her hands. "One hostile!"

Elaina fires her weapon. The bullet flies past Eternia's head and hits a black shadow on the wall.

Xehanort cries out in pain and leaps down onto her.

Elaina sends out Esistrad!

"Go! I'll keep him busy as long as I can. Defeat Malamar and put an end to all of this!" Elaina urges.

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 09:31 PM
Mei nods and keeps running. Time to end this, Malamar!

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 09:41 PM
The Pokemon is waiting for in a dark room. Its eyes gaze out at her. Its voice echoes in her mind.

"Hmm...so you have finally come. The girl who impeded my plans in Santalune City...Lumiose City...then in Shalour City...then in Anistar City...and even in Ambrette Town. The girl who managed to break my Demon Aura. And you are accompanied by Eternia. How delightful. Then you shall both witness the end of the world together, as I call Arceus back here and take its heart."

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 09:43 PM
Mei shakes her head. "Why, Malamar? Why are you doing this? Why are you taking out your anger on the whole world when it hasn't done anything to you?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 09:45 PM
"An interesting question. Is the world truly innocent? There were Shadow Pokemon long before I emerged, you know. I present them as evidence, that humans have been abusing Pokemon for hundreds of years!"

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 09:57 PM
"Maybe, but it wasn't as common until you formed Team Heartless. And several of the people who joined the team were just lost souls that you took advantage of."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 10:27 PM
"Bah. I gave them purpose! They were fitting sacrifices. They would throw away their meaningless lives to save all of Pokemon. Pokemon can never become Shadow Pokemon, they can never suffer abuse, hardship or neglect if there are no humans to inflict it. But I shall ask the question back to you, Mei. Do you truly believe your own life is worth more than the lives of Pokemon? Do you value your parents' lives, your friends', that dancer with the Froslass, do you care about their lives more than the life of your Greninja? Your Mimikyu? Your Pikachu?"

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 10:34 PM
"No, I don't. My friends, family, and Pokemon might mean different things to me, but I don't care about any one of them than I care about the rest."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 10:35 PM
"Then you should allow them to die, all of them, so that you can be certain that every Pokemon in the world will be happy."

Diachronos
2017-03-09, 10:37 PM
"So they can be happy? Or so you can be happy?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-09, 11:09 PM
Malamar chuckles. "Is there any difference? Come then. Show me the power of Purity!"

Mei and Malamar clash in an epic struggle of wills, but at the end of the day Mei emerges victorious!

"No...it cannot be! I cannot be defeated!"

Eternia flies up and smacks him in the nose. "There. Mei has shown that she has the strength to train and even open the hearts of Shadow Pokemon. With Trainers like her in the world, you don't need to worry about the welfare of other Pokemon. She will stand as an example to all Trainers."

"Hmm...I suppose you're right. Very well then. I shall release my spell..."

Malamar concentrates, and Mei hears the sounds of hundreds of weapons being dropped as the Team Heartless grunts outside come to and surrender en masse.

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 12:04 AM
Mei crosses her arms. "That's one issue taken care of, but we have some loose ends to tie up. Where are Xehanort's heart and Sonata?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 12:06 AM
"Xehanort's heart? ...Hm. I suppose that's fair."

Malamar walks over to a dresser and opens it. The Pokemon removes a dusty old PokeBall from the drawer and opens it. A heart floats out of it and dashes through the door, back towards the foyer.

After a moment, the ruckus of battle between Xehanort and Elaina has stopped.

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 12:24 AM
Another problem resolved. "What about Sonata, the Shadow Lugia that helped you and Xehanort escape from Lumiose?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 12:48 AM
"That is his Pokemon. You will need to speak to him about it," Malamar replies. "As you requested, I have released Xehanort from my spell and returned his heart to him. I cannot force him to return a Pokemon to you."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 01:00 AM
Mei nods and heads down to find Xehanort.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 01:05 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/e/ef/Sora_KHIII.png/revision/latest?cb=20150625053050

The man looks up as Mei approaches. "...Hmph. So you're the one who raised all this hell, are you?" he asks. Mei is quite taken aback...he seems to be speaking English in a brisk, brutal manner...a Unovan, most likely.

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 01:14 AM
Mei shrugs. "Raised it, helped end it... I'm not sure which at this point." She looks over to see how Elaina is doing.

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 01:23 AM
Both Elaina and the man in front of her are very badly injured. It looks like if Mei hadn't ended the battle as quickly as she did the two powerful beings might have just killed each other.

Elaina gives her a smile though, and Mei knows that everything is going to be alright. Wounds heal with time, and time is what she has won for the Kalos region today.

"Heh. That's pretty spunky of ya. I like that. Name's No Heart. The now former leader of Team Heartless. What can I do for ya?"

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 01:38 AM
"I'd like to talk to you about that Lugia in your possession."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 01:40 AM
"What? Sonata? What about her? If you want me to hand her over as some kind of trophy, forget it. I made a promise to her, I'm going to help her find her partner. That's why I started stealing in the first place, to try and earn enough money to hitch a plane ride to the Johto Region. Sonata was too weak to fly back to Johto on her own."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 01:42 AM
"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Her partner is looking for her as well, and he's come to Kalos to find her."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 01:50 AM
No Heart looks surprised. "O-oh. Well then. Sure, let's go see him. Lead the way, Bangs."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 01:57 AM
"Um... can I see her, first? I want to make sure she's not in bad shape before Crescendo sees her."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 02:05 AM
"Huh? Sure."

No Heart throws an Ultra Ball to the ground. The legendary Pokemon Lugia emerges from it, looking just like it did in her PokeDex. Not a trace of a Shadow Aura to be found.

Mei figures that Xehanort must have been Heartless for so long that it affected his Pokemon by itself. Now that he has his heart back his Pokemon have returned to normal as well.

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 02:09 AM
Mei sighs with relief. She's not a Shadow anymore... She smiles up at Sonata. "Let's go find Stark and Crescendo, then."

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 02:14 AM
Sonata nods.

The pair of them follow Mei on Articuno's back.

When they arrive in Lumiose, Stark is stunned to see the creature.

He smiles and wipes a tear away from his eye. "Well then. I guess this is goodbye, Mei."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 02:33 AM
"Yeah, I... I guess it is..." Should she go with him? It would be tough being so far from home for such a long time, but surely there's more she could do for Johto than there is for Kalos, right?

"Stark, you don't have to leave right away, do you?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 02:35 AM
Stark shakes his head. "No, you...you don't understand. I have to go...forever."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 02:38 AM
Mei is visibly confused by what he said. "What do you mean?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 02:42 AM
"Look, I...I lied to you. And I'm sorry about that. When I said that Crescendo possessed me...that's not how it happened. Crescendo was losing his strength after being away from Sonata for so long. So I offered to help him. We merged together and I managed to keep him alive until now by giving up my energy. But now, well...he doesn't have much left to go back to."

Stark takes a breath and nods. "If Crescendo and Sonata are going to have a chance to be together again and regain their strength, they need a boost. So I'm going to give up my life, my body, so that Crescendo can take that energy and use it to create a new body for himself."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 02:48 AM
Mei feels her heart sink. After all he'd fought for, all he'd struggled to accomplish in the last few years... he wouldn't ever have a chance to see his home rebuilt. "Stark... are you okay with this decision?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 02:51 AM
Stark shrugs. "What do you want me to say? I'm not okay with it, so I'm content to just let Crescendo die? And Sonata along with him? These are immortal Pokemon who protect the world together. I'm just one person."

Diachronos
2017-03-10, 03:16 AM
"I know, but..." Mei shakes her head. He's right, and she can tell there's no talking him out of this. There might be another way, but Crescendo likely doesn't have that kind of time.

Time? Maybe Eternia could... no, if she had a way to help, Stark likely would have already turned to her.

"...What will you do about your Pokemon?"

NeoSeraphi
2017-03-10, 03:25 AM
Stark smiles and sends all of his Pokemon out. He excuses himself and has a heartfelt goodbye with them in private, before releasing all of them into the wild.

Sonata chirps happily and Stark nods. He closes his eyes and his heart emerges from his body. It flies past Mei for a moment, before fading out of existence. Stark's body morphs and changes into a large orange phoenix, and the two of them take off into the sky, dancing and celebrating together.

Mei returns to her parents, who are ecstatic to see her. They help her recover over a few days. After that, she receives a parade in her honor for all the hard work she's done.

Mei would go on to become the Champion of the Kalos League, a title she holds dear to her. She mentored many young Trainers on how to treat Pokemon properly, something she had learned from Irina Sikes, even though they never met.

Angela, Arios, Sapphiron and Gabriel all kept in touch. Mei grew old and never spent a day unhappy.

She explored, she traveled, she lived and she loved.

And she had no regrets.