PDA

View Full Version : I need help making an evil debuffer either as a villain or my next evil character

TheDevourLord
2017-03-01, 01:25 AM
Naturally I'm gravitating toward bards, I've never played them, but I'm aware of how terrifying they can be as debuffers, but here's my issue:

I want a necromancy flavor, but not a full "raise the town cemetery as recruits for my undead army", more of a lower key, more devious, "I'll bring you closer to death than you ever care to be, you can be my friend or my enemy, you can have this power too (lies), just let me have control of you" (rhymes intended).

Now, for flavor I'm looking at a female elf, maybe star elf for CHA, and I want to lean closer to caster than melee. Most of this idea is flavor, and not meant to be ~optimal, but I would like to get the most out of it.
I've seen nice binder/anima mage/sublime chord builds, and that is cool for many reasons, one being the witch-vibes it puts off, and I'm aware I could probably do a similar thing but better as a sorcerer, I just really want to stick with the music vibes. But my issues with that build are that it's a little simple, i would like to fit in the Black Lore of Moil feat CA and bards don't seem to get a ton of necromancy spells that fit, and I feel like there is probably a more flavorful route to take. (I'm way open to being proven wrong, this is all just unfamiliar territory for me)

Now. As a villain and a PC, this character is going to be around from early levels (4 or so) on up as long as the campaign goes.

For a jumping point, I'm basing this probably CE elven lass loosely on the current lead singer of Ghost (papa emeritus III), so I'm gonna have a kind of classic evil feel, but it's gonna be a "stage persona", and while I'll be private and withholding when I'm not singing in a tavern or lordly court, I plan on being very personable and inviting, even a touch seductive. All are welcome to hear my songs, and my message, which is simple: You are lost without my guidance into The Void.
Goals:
As villain- lead party astray, turn the good and neutral to evil, and when they suspect who she really is, it is too late. She'll be a recurring character who gives the party info throughout the game, that leads them to horrible places, imprisons the innocent, and profanes the righteous through false pretenses.
As a PC- heckle the good in the party, don't do overtly evil things until the act is questionably the right course of action, worm my way into the hearts of good men and corrupt them. She loves only her power, and seeks to expand that, but nothing compares to the thrill of deception. I'll be acting CN but dropping huge CE hints until a fight breaks out, and purposely divide the party in such a scenario. Either through shared interests or gold.

I've been looking feats like poison spell, chain spell, maybe get some nice rays for split ray, I love me some ray spell shenanigans, but issue there is that wizards and sorcerers do that better.

Rules: basically anything but dragon magazine is fair game, feats every odd level and I'd prefer to stay away from level adjustments as I'm already losing out on the good as heck human junk for the elf flavor. Ummm I think that's all, sorry for the long post.

Matrota
2017-03-01, 02:57 AM
I'd take a look at this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?516392-A-BBEG-optimized-around-cursing-the-PC) for some good ideas over a similar topic

TheDevourLord
2017-03-01, 04:21 AM
Thanks, that thread was pretty helpful. Despite all the Discourse™ Lol. I like the idea of the unseelie fey template, the winter chill ability is nice and gives her a nice aspect of rp I feel.
Especially since there's none of that icky LA.
Unfortunately I think my search for more flavor might just be reliant on rp and spell choice than actual classes and fear choice will really be what gives me a nice Unheavened Shine™.