PDA

View Full Version : Gestalting 2 psionic classes?

SangoProduction
2017-03-01, 09:32 AM
I would assume that if you gestalt 2 psionic classes, you get both of their power point totals added together, right? What about the bonus power points? I wouldn't imagine you'd get it twice, but spells from 2 gestalt classes do, so why not.

This shared pool would basically mean they can go hypernova all day, every day, without really worrying about Power Points, yes?

ExLibrisMortis
2017-03-01, 09:45 AM
You would get both pp pools separately, including bonus pp from having high int/wis/cha, then add them together. You would be able to go hypernova in the same way a sorcerer//wizard can, which is to say, you can have more nova rounds, but not many more powers within a single nova.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-03-01, 10:58 AM
You would get both pp pools separately, including bonus pp from having high int/wis/cha, then add them together. You would be able to go hypernova in the same way a sorcerer//wizard can, which is to say, you can have more nova rounds, but not many more powers within a single nova.
Although Psions ARE better at breaking the action economy than most other casters.

Psyren
2017-03-01, 11:01 AM
I would assume that if you gestalt 2 psionic classes, you get both of their power point totals added together, right? What about the bonus power points? I wouldn't imagine you'd get it twice, but spells from 2 gestalt classes do, so why not.

This shared pool would basically mean they can go hypernova all day, every day, without really worrying about Power Points, yes?

How do you define "hypernova?" You'd still have 2 separate manifester levels, and the restriction that any given power you manifest can't exceed the manifester level of the side that manifested it. You'd get more manifestations at max ML, sure, but each individual one wouldn't be any more powerful than a single-class manifester of your level can manage. It's not like a Psion 5//Ardent 5 would be throwing around 10d6 Energy Balls for instance.

SangoProduction
2017-03-01, 01:57 PM
I was under the impression that "hypernova" was what people called it when psionics burned through their PP pools in a few rounds with max augmentations. With gestalt, it's obviously going to take longer to burn through the pools. I was basically asking if the pools stack, and it seems the answer is yes. Thanks. :smallsmile:

LordOfCain
2017-03-01, 03:39 PM
I was under the impression that "hypernova" was what people called it when psionics burned through their PP pools in a few rounds with max augmentations. With gestalt, it's obviously going to take longer to burn through the pools. I was basically asking if the pools stack, and it seems the answer is yes. Thanks. :smallsmile:

Do you mean that they stack as in a PsyWarr 10//Psion 10 can use psywar PP to manifest psion powers? Because if so, I'm fairly certain that's specifically not allowed IIRC.

MilleniaAntares
2017-03-01, 03:48 PM
Do you mean that they stack as in a PsyWarr 10//Psion 10 can use psywar PP to manifest psion powers? Because if so, I'm fairly certain that's specifically not allowed IIRC.
The power points are pooled together and can be used by anything that uses power points.

Malimar
2017-03-01, 04:29 PM
Multiclass Psionic Characters
If you have levels in more than one psionic class, you combine your power points from each class to make up your reserve. You can use these power points to manifest powers from any psionic class you have.

While you maintain a single reserve of power points from your class, race, and feat selections, you are still limited by the manifester level you have achieved with each power you know.
Presumably applies to gestalt as well as multiclass.

LordOfCain
2017-03-01, 05:49 PM
Presumably applies to gestalt as well as multiclass. Oh thanks! Not sure where I got that impression from.. Now I want to play a multi class psionic char...

SangoProduction
2017-03-01, 06:05 PM
Oh thanks! Not sure where I got that impression from.. Now I want to play a multi class psionic char...

Multiclassed psionic characters don't really benefit much at all, since PP scales exponentially with levels in a class (or improving manifester level through prestige class), and bonus PP from stats scale with levels as well.

LordOfCain
2017-03-01, 06:35 PM
Multiclassed psionic characters don't really benefit much at all, since PP scales exponentially with levels in a class (or improving manifester level through prestige class), and bonus PP from stats scale with levels as well.
I know but before I learned this, it was absolutely horrid. Now it is slightly more viable, more so with Practiced Manifedter and ML boosts for max Bonus PP.