PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew inventory system looking for feedback

DangerJade
2017-03-01, 04:37 PM
I want carry weight to be a limited resource in my game but I don't want it to feel unreasonable to the players. I've created a slot and weight system that I think will limit them more than RAW but allow flexibility based on preference and would love some criticism.

Here's what I'm giving them:

Worn armor and accessories do not count towards your carry weight limit.

For these things you have equipment slots. Items in equipment slots do can be accessed in combat as a free action. Potions require a bonus action to use and an action to force feed to a dying character.

Equipment slots
Back - Any weapon or shield
L hip - Any non-heavy weapon
R hip - Any non-heavy weapon
L thigh - Any light weapon
R thigh - Any light weapon
Waist pouches - up to 5 potions or other small items that can fit in a pouch.
Forearm and Chest - dart straps with 5 darts each

Again nothing above this counts toward carry weight limit.

Each characters carry weight limit is zero without a bag equipped.

There are three types of bags. Backpacks, Satchels and Sacks.

Each character can equip at least one bag and one additional for each strength modifier value.

Each bag equipped adds 50lbs to maximum carry weight limit

Each character has 5 bag slots

Bag slots:
Back - Backpack. Alternatively you can equip any weapon, or an over sized item that weighs less than 50 lbs to your back without adding to your carry weight limit but it will take up the back bag slot.

L Shoulder - Satchel. Alternatively you can equip a quiver without adding to your carry weight limit but it will take up your shoulder slot.

R Shoulder - Satchel. Same as above.

L Hand - Sack. Sacks add 50lbs to your carry weight limit but cannot be held during combat, while swimming, or while climbing.

R Hand - Sack.

Taking an item out of a bag requires an action.

Only weapons and armor that have the light quality can be stored in bags.

The bags themselves do not count against your carry weight limit.

most characters with this system will be able to have their equipment and 100lbs or storage. This is similar to what is RAW but they wont be able to carry items without backs and carrying excess weapons will be discouraged but possible.

What do you think? any problems I overlooked?