PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mixing Magic Tattoos

Roninn
2017-03-01, 05:54 PM
Ok, so one of my characters personality traits is a love of tattoos. I've come accross some neat stuff and I use a few things.

Some of my favorites are the Item Image feat(basically storing magic items as tattoos on your body), the create magic tattoo spell, which gives you different 24 hour buffs, and the inscribe magic tattoo feat.

Recently, I found a feat called Craft Magic Tattoo.

I love the thought of having this, especially since I found the Fire Ink item under the Effrit entry in the Pathfinder Advanced Races Guide.

The problem I'm having is that under the Craft Magic Tattoo feat, it says that you can only have one. Does that mean one tattoo with magical effects? Or am I only allowed one tat granted by that feat?

Any help is appreciated.

Venger
2017-03-01, 07:41 PM
Ok, so one of my characters personality traits is a love of tattoos. I've come accross some neat stuff and I use a few things.

Some of my favorites are the Item Image feat(basically storing magic items as tattoos on your body), the create magic tattoo spell, which gives you different 24 hour buffs, and the inscribe magic tattoo feat.

Recently, I found a feat called Craft Magic Tattoo.

I love the thought of having this, especially since I found the Fire Ink item under the Effrit entry in the Pathfinder Advanced Races Guide.

The problem I'm having is that under the Craft Magic Tattoo feat, it says that you can only have one. Does that mean one tattoo with magical effects? Or am I only allowed one tat granted by that feat?

Any help is appreciated.
What book is this feat from? What you're describing is a mixture of several disparate effects.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-03-01, 07:55 PM
I hope you like circuits. (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20031225a)

Roninn
2017-03-01, 09:12 PM
Craft Magic Tattoo is from the Netbook of Feats. It is also on the D&D Wiki under "Craft Magic Tattoo (3.5e Feat)"

Rainshine
2017-03-01, 09:20 PM
Edit: Clarification given.

I would say it means only one spell tattoo, as per that feat. It would not interfere with Inscribed PF tattoos. But in the end, it's pretty much a homebrew feat, so I'd say ask the author or make up what you will.

Venger
2017-03-01, 09:42 PM
Craft Magic Tattoo is from the Netbook of Feats. It is also on the D&D Wiki under "Craft Magic Tattoo (3.5e Feat)"

I assume you are talking about this? (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Craft_Magic_Tattoo_(3.5e_Feat))

Just as a heads up, dandwiki is mostly homebrew and isn't a good source to look stuff up since a lot of homebrew has the same name as official stuff.

Based on the feat text, it would only be from the feat itself, it doesn't block you from getting tattoos in other ways.