PDA

View Full Version : Aelita's Allure Private Chat With Kaya

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 10:46 PM
So, um, Kaya. Can I talk with you? Aelita sends in a private message.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 10:51 PM
"Alright, what's up? Is something wrong?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 10:53 PM
I... Well, nothing, actually. Sorry. For bothering you-I'll just be going...

Conflict or Skill check: Get Aelita to open up.

DC 5, 2 VP.

Oh-and you can roll it. Since there's only the one of ye.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 11:00 PM
"It's clear that something's wrong. We're supposed to be teammates for this project, remember? What good is a teammate if you don't open up for them to help you?

Seriously, if something's wrong I do want to help. I've dealt with a lot, I might have an idea of how to deal with whatever it is.

Conflict, with Hiss! again, for a +3.

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 11:01 PM
[roll0]

Rolling dem bones. Needing a 2+.

I can trust you, right? To keep a secret?

Because I'm...

Different.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 11:08 PM
"Of course you can trust me. I promise.

Besides, being different isn't all that bad. Just look at me, I'm not even human. So, what's wrong with being different?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 11:09 PM
Yeah, but you're... There.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 11:11 PM
"So are you, are you not? You're still typing, you're still talking."

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 11:12 PM
Kaya, why do you think I'm never around at school?

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 11:18 PM
"I assume you're not able to go to school normally. Which, when combined with your previous statement, probably means that you're not quite normal in a similar way to me, and that fact prevents you from interacting with "regular" people in person. Was any of that correct?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 11:19 PM
Yeah. Correct so far.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 11:28 PM
"So if that's all correct, that implies one of two things. One, your physical body is recognizably inhuman enough that it would cause a lot of stress to a "normal" person who sees it. That could be a lot of things, but nothing I can think of at the moment. Two, you don't have a physical body, making you something different. Could be a spirit, could be an AI. With your previous statement, I'd say that's the more likely option. Given that the only interaction anyone has reason to believe you've done with other people is by computer, like this, that heavily implies an AI.

So, how am I? Hot or cold?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-01, 11:29 PM
... Aelita types.

Then, a voice comes on your speakers. Pretty hot.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-01, 11:45 PM
AI, then? Alright, that's certainly interesting. But I'm still not seeing what's wrong with that. Sure, you're different. That's not a bad thing. I don't care what you are - human, cat-thing, AI, whatever - I care about who you are. That's all that matters to everybody that's important. If someone gets too hung up on what you are too see you for who you are, they just aren't that important. After all, it's you that decides who's important to you. Not them.

Besides, it's not like there's something wrong with not being human. After all, the more interesting you are. And not in a bad way. You have a different viewpoint, which isn't something to be unhappy about. Your "body", so to speak, works a bit differently. There's nothing wrong with that. Your differences shouldn't be worn with shame, but with pride. Take pride in what you are, what you can do. That's what makes you unique, what makes you special. It's a good thing.

But just remember: you don't have to be defined by what you can do, but by what you choose to do. And what you choose to do, is what makes you you. That is what's most important."

JNAProductions
2017-03-02, 12:20 AM
Thank you. That... That means a lot to me.

Don't, um... Don't tell anyone else, okay?

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-02, 12:25 AM
"Alright. I swear that I won't tell anyone else."

JNAProductions
2017-03-05, 08:28 PM
Kaya! What do I do?

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-06, 05:19 AM
"Working on it now. And if this doesn't work, I should be able to come up with something else."

JNAProductions
2017-03-06, 12:27 PM
Okay, thank you. Thank you so much.

JNAProductions
2017-03-12, 10:26 PM
Kaya, I kinda glitched up there. I posted in binary instead of English. I don't know why-am I okay?

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-12, 10:32 PM
"It's nothing wrong, don't worry. Just about everyone has a tendency to accidentally revert to a more familiar language when trying to speak in a different one. You likely just did the same thing."

JNAProductions
2017-03-12, 10:36 PM
"It's nothing wrong, don't worry. Just about everyone has a tendency to accidentally revert to a more familiar language when trying to speak in a different one. You likely just did the same thing."

But I don't make mistakes like that! I'm worried. For my health, I guess. And that doesn't make sense.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-12, 10:53 PM
"You may not have a physical body, but you're still sentient. And if you're sentient, you have at least some sort of instinct. Even if it hadn't noticed it before, things are likely a lot different for you now than they'd been any other time. You're dealing with other people on a rather personal level, which doesn't seem to be a thing you've done very often. It makes sense that you'd revert to whatever happens instinctively for you, as you're still just getting used to this. So I don't think there's anything for you to worry about here, as it should get better as you get more used to us.

And if it doesn't, you can blame me afterwards for pretending to know what I'm talking about.:smalltongue:

But seriously, try not to worry about it. If it does get worse, I'll be right there to help you, so still shouldn't be too bad. If it gets better, the there was never anything to worry about. And either way, all worrying will do is make you unhappy when you don't need to be. Take it from me, that makes things really difficult after a while."

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-21, 03:58 PM
"Hey, Aelita, I wanted to ask you something. I hope you don't mind, I'm just curious.

In your opinion, what does the colour "purple" smell like?"

JNAProductions
2017-03-21, 05:52 PM
I wasn't aware purple had a smell.

But as a side note... I mean, the way they're talking about AIs... Should I tell them all?

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-21, 06:27 PM
"Not yet, I'd suggest. At least, not until you've gotten to know them a bit better. Christina seems fine, but Otoha seems like her relationship with you would constantly veer between "friend" and "test subject", and that's really not nice to deal with.

And I'm just not sure about Alicia. Maybe's she is just a naturally cheerful person, but just about everybody I know who acts like her just does it to hide their real intentions.

And I don't know if purple has a smell either, honestly. But if it did, what do you believe it would have a similar scent to? It's fine if you don't have an answer for that question, I'm just looking for your opinion on the question as a whole. It's part of a project I'm working on, which I'll try to explain soon.

JNAProductions
2017-03-21, 06:30 PM
I guess grape? That's usually associated with purple.

Sicarius Victis
2017-03-21, 06:48 PM
"Alright, that works.

Basically, I'm woroking on what I mentioned in the group chat: a way to prove an AI's sentience - including your own - to a non-AI, and that question was a surprisingly important part of it."