PDA

View Full Version : Scatterspray and Acid Flasks

Fax Celestis
2007-07-24, 02:11 PM
How do I get this to work? Scatterspray picks up and throws outwards objects of 1 lb. or less (maximum 25 lbs. of materials). Acid flasks weigh a pound.

I'd like to make a very expensive, very acidic grenade sort of thing with this, but I'm having trouble getting 25 acid flasks into one square during combat.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-24, 02:15 PM
Get a bag of flasks... darn, breakage during travel. You can't quickdraw and drop them, as they shatter. Umm.. drop prone, quickdraw and drop them on the ground? No...

Well, you can fit 25 acid flasks in one square, but getting them there probably would involve getting some sort of specialized bag.

Fax Celestis
2007-07-24, 02:16 PM
Get a bag of flasks... darn, breakage during travel. You can't quickdraw and drop them, as they shatter. Umm.. drop prone, quickdraw and drop them on the ground? No...

Well, you can fit 25 acid flasks in one square, but getting them there probably would involve getting some sort of specialized bag.

And therein lies the problem.

And I can't use nonbreakable materials, otherwise the spell won't have any effect.

JackMage666
2007-07-24, 02:18 PM
Yeah, 25 acid flasks placed in a square during combat would be difficult. It'd be a good trap, but in a quick-thinking scenario, not so much.
I suppose you could dump a bag of them, though then you risk some of the glass breaking on the way down. Course, that doesn't really matter in the end, does it? Just hurl the glass in the Scatterspray, and you'll add some damage.

Fax Celestis
2007-07-24, 02:19 PM
Wait! Can feather fall be used on items? It can!

So, now we throw an open bag of acid flasks, feather fall it on the way, and then scatterspray it once it lands. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Lemur
2007-07-24, 02:21 PM
Use Unseen Servant or Tenser's Floating Disk to carry them and move them into position, perhaps?

Fax Celestis
2007-07-24, 02:25 PM
25 flasks on a greater floating disc would also work. Just direct it into a square nearby and then scatterspray it.

Of course, we're talking 250gp for a 10-burst of 3d6+6 acid damage (with a following 3d6 the following round)--assuming an average spread of the flasks. 500 gp if we decided to use alchemist's fire instead.

Murderous Hobo
2007-07-24, 05:21 PM
It'd be more lethal if you could shape the blast and have it work like a Claymore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18A1_Claymore_Antipersonnel_Mine). That way you can hit the same target more the once with a flask and concentrate the splash more.

It'd be especialy nasty if you put the whole contraption on the end of a pike.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-07-25, 11:06 AM
Place 25 flasks of A-Fire in an Adamantine tube with one open end; place a little bit of gunpowder in the back of the tube, scatter pray them and watch as they all break against the sides of the tube; ignite the gunpowder to propel the fire outwards, and all fire in a direct gout of flame.

Now, work a wand of scatterspray into the tube mechanism, and get alchemist fire in bundles: Alchemical Bazooka.

Tor the Fallen
2007-07-25, 10:13 PM
Place 25 flasks of A-Fire in an Adamantine tube with one open end; place a little bit of gunpowder in the back of the tube, scatter pray them and watch as they all break against the sides of the tube; ignite the gunpowder to propel the fire outwards, and all fire in a direct gout of flame.

Now, work a wand of scatterspray into the tube mechanism, and get alchemist fire in bundles: Alchemical Bazooka.

More like a very short range flamethrower.