PDA

View Full Version : Question: wizard multiclassimg into rogue

korvanos
2017-03-02, 05:30 AM
I have a level 5 bladesinger I'm thinking of multiclassimg into rogue. He already knows mage hand. If I get to level 3 and choose arcane trickster, do I simply lose out on one of the three cantrips since I already know it?

This character is in adventure league, so I'm looking for a RAW answer, or a sage advice elaboration. Or a really good argument, hah.

MrFahrenheit
2017-03-02, 06:42 AM
I have a level 5 bladesinger I'm thinking of multiclassimg into rogue. He already knows mage hand. If I get to level 3 and choose arcane trickster, do I simply lose out on one of the three cantrips since I already know it?

This character is in adventure league, so I'm looking for a RAW answer, or a sage advice elaboration. Or a really good argument, hah.

AFAIK, RAW, you should. But I'd personally DM that the loss of the cantrip only lasts till the next time you take a wizard level and can "retrain" the empty space.

Of course, if you take your next level in wizard AND THEN go into rogue, you can nip this problem in the bud and retrain the cantrip prior to going rogue.