PDA

View Full Version : Spell Advice

PlatinumJester
2007-07-24, 04:08 PM
I know neither spells are on the Duskblade's spell list but thats not important right now. Basically I want to know which spell would a Duskblade benefit more from - Haste or Wraithstrike?

Arbitrarity
2007-07-24, 04:10 PM
I'm gonna bet wraithstrike, as it is full of cheese, and augments the duskblade's combat abilities SIGNIFICANTLY.

Quietus
2007-07-24, 04:11 PM
I know neither spells are on the Duskblade's spell list but thats not important right now. Basically I want to know which spell would a Duskblade benefit more from - Haste or Wraithstrike?

With the duskblade's whole style of attacking and firing off spells, I'd say having wraithstrike would be better. What is it, 12k for a pair of boots of speed? Sure, that's only 10 rounds of haste a day, but still - fire off a wraithstrike, walk up to the BBEG, and start firing off full attacks with 3-5 attacks each, all touch attacks carrying nasty, nasty touch spells.

Aquillion
2007-07-24, 04:16 PM
Wraithstrike, definitely. Mainly, you can cast Wraithstrike as a swift action, whereas casting Haste wastes valuable time that you'd rather be spending attacking. Also, because of its short duration, it's very tricky to get someone to cast Wraithstrike for you when you need it; whereas, when you have the time to cast haste, it's easy enough to have a full arcane caster cast it on you instead. On top of that, Wraithstrike allows you to operate fine in some situations where you'd otherwise be screwed; Haste, while very nice, is never as necessary as Wraithstrike is.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-07-24, 04:23 PM
If you are late for an appointment: Haste.

If you want to skip the line at the popcorn store: Wraithstrike.

Or what the others said...

PlatinumJester
2007-07-24, 04:26 PM
i've never heard of a Popcorn store. Don't you mean Popcorn line.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-07-24, 04:35 PM
I meant popcorn store.

If you have not heard of or seen one there are clearly too few! :smallwink:

Jasdoif
2007-07-24, 04:40 PM
I meant popcorn store.

If you have not heard of or seen one there are clearly too few! :smallwink:Indeed, such is the influence of the Popcorn Tyrant. Where is great demand (or demand from the great), specialty shops come in to existence.

As to the question at hand, I would say wraithstrike. There's numerous ways to get the effects of haste. Including potions of haste, if you want to duplicate the spell effects exactly.

Keld Denar
2007-07-24, 04:58 PM
Indeed, such is the influence of the Popcorn Tyrant. Where is great demand (or demand from the great), specialty shops come in to existence.

Do you 2 jack every thread with treasonous talk of captalism and lightly buttered and salted wonderfulness, or only the threads you feel like?

And most def wraithstrike......seems everyone agrees.