PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Demiplanes

Mai
2017-03-03, 12:34 AM
Okay so I'm making a character for the 100 character level pentistalt game. Yes... It's totally ridiculous... But I've always wanted to sort something out for other games as well. This ridiculous game is open to homebrew. (Because why not right? We already have 500 class levels why not make it a whole new kind of ridiculous on top of that. XD)

Are there any spells, not including being a deity, or abilities that can get me access to a personal demiplane? I've been all through everything but the best non homebrew is can find is a meager 180 foot radius, then 1 foot per week. That might sound huge but my characters a dragon... A colossal Dragon At that... And that doesn't cut it for a pair sadly. Seriously why does d&d limit demiplane sizes so much. I mean... You can do some wonky things with them, yes. But a larger size doesn't make the plane Winkler, the same rules still apply the same exploits, etc. I don't plan to exploit it... I'm just looking for a spell to create a demiplane that can really house a great wyrm dragon. Does anyone know of any spells/abilities/etc. (This game is open to homebrew.)

You'd think as ridiculously o.o as your average homebrew classes are there would be a demiplane spell that wasn't tiny... (For a colossal Dragon trying to build a lair)

Venger
2017-03-03, 12:36 AM
I mean if your game's allowing homebrew, you could just homebrew one.

If you wanted to stay within the rules, just make sure it's a fast time plane. Then the weeks just fly by.

tyckspoon
2017-03-03, 01:55 AM
Yup. What Venger said. If the game is open to homebrew, write a homebrew to do what you want. There's not a ton of difference between 'I wrote this thing I want my character to be able to do' and 'I found this somewhere on the Internet and I want my character to be able to do it.' An ad-hoc application of the Conjure Epic spell seed is probably the closest you'll get to a RAW version of a faster/larger Genesis, and that's still basically just making it up.

icefractal
2017-03-03, 03:01 AM
You can keep manifesting it for more size, and with a Rod of Excellent Magic it isn't costing you anything to do so. That's still just a foot/day, but it takes a while to get to 100th level I assume, and you could have been doing this since 20th-30th level or so.

Also, if you use the Genesis spell (rather than the power), it doesn't actually say that the additional 180' from recasting it grows at the slow initial rate. If it's an instant increase (or even if multiple instances of growth stack), then you can grow it at quite an extreme rate:
1) Get a scroll of Genesis.
2) Prepare as many copies of Astral Projection as you can.
3) Astral Project, go to the plane, use the scroll, end AP. Repeat.

And for that matter you can loop Astral Projection just by having a staff of it, but since that opens the door to infinite everything, it may be unsuitable for the campaign. But just with, say, 10 slots, that's 1800'/day, 124 miles/year. A decade gives you a 1240 mile radius plane - should be enough room to fly around in.

Oh, and just to be sillier, a Simulacrum of yourself is a 50th level character, plenty powerful to do this itself. If you wanted to, you could easily grow your plane at an exponential rate and have something bigger than the solar system within a year.

Bronk
2017-03-03, 10:34 AM
The regular genesis spell should already be enough, especially since its size is specified as 180' radius , not diameter.

Still, there's also the Planeshifter's tenth level 'Demiplane Seed' ability, which forms a demiplane that quickly grows to 10x caster level feet in radius, then a continual two feet per year after that. With no extra effort and the great age of your character, you should be good to go.

Psyren
2017-03-03, 10:47 AM
With 500 class levels per player and homebrew allowed, you've moved beyond dice at that point; you might as well just shoot rubber bands at each other or arm-wrestle to settle challenges. If for some reason you can't just invent Epic Genesis to do what you want, you can simply find a plane or demiplane that does what you want and conquer it, including evicting/eating any deities that may be taking up residence.