PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Occultist (Occult Adventures) for Hell's Vengeance

Eldonauran
2017-03-03, 01:31 PM
I'm building an Occultist for Hell's Vengeance to replace my Oracle. Long story short, my character was recruited by the other side, I was working to subvert the party's goals (DM's idea), and I was doing a fairly good job of it when another layer (who had no idea what was going on) decided to betray the entire party. It ended up with that character, and another's, death and our goals dismantled. My character left to go join the Glorious Reclamation in another area (and will show up later as an enemy to the new party) and three of us have to make new level 4 characters.

Party composition is as follows:

Drow Unchained Rogue (the one original character survived unscathed)
Human Unchained Monk
Half-orc Goliath Druid
Half-elf (drow-descended) Occultist/VMC Magus (this is me)

I'm planning on serving in the support role. I am good at it, though I am not going to focus on healing quite so much. The DM asked me to tone it down a bit away from the table because I was too good at it. I will still be able to heal (druid can too) but I'd rather help buff for combat than sling spells from the back row.

I plan on focusing on Abjuration, Transmutation, and Conjuration implements, though I will dip for Necromancy (for Shroud power that gives temp HP) and Evocation eventually (when Spellstrike comes online). I took Haunt Collector to get rid of some of the weak-sauce resonant powers that would do nothing for me. I plan on being an item crafter, with little to no actual combat related feats.

Occultist L4
Male half-elf (Half Drow) occultist (haunt collector) 4/magus* (VMC)
NE Medium humanoid (elf, human)
Init +3;
Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +9

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 11, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield)
hp 40 (4d8+8)
Fort +8 (+2 racial bonus to resist poison and disesases, mundane and magical), Ref +4, Will +6

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.

Melee
blacksmith hammer (transmutation implement) +7 (1d8+5/x3) gauntlet (from armor) +6 (1d3+5)
mwk jian +7 (2d4+5/19-20) or

Special Attacks
arcane pool (+1, 5 points)

Implement Schools:
Abjuration (Bracers, 4 points)
Resonant: warding talisman
Focus: aegis +1, mind barrier, planar ward
Conjuration (Compass, 4 points)
Resonant: Champion Spirit seance boon)
Focus: possessed possessions, servitor II
Transmutation (Weapon, 3 points)
Resonant: physical enhancement (strength)
Focus: legacy weapon

Spells Known
Occultist (Haunt Collector) (CL 4th; concentration +8)
2nd (2/day): glitterdust (DC 16), node of blasting[OA] (DC 16), violent accident (DC 16)
1st (4/day): cure light wounds, lead blades[APG], shield
0 (at will): mage hand, resistance, stabilize

--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 7
Base Atk +3; CMB +6; CMD 17

Feats
Craft Wondrous Item
Scribe Scroll
Dirty Fighting (temporary bonus feat, Legacy Weapon)
Skill Focus (Diplomacy)

Traits
amoral mercenary
pragmatic activator
warrior of old (drawback bonus [vain])
thrune loyal agent (storyline bonus trait)
vain (drawback)

Skills:
Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump)
Appraise +8
Bluff -2
Craft (alchemy) +8
Craft (blacksmith) +10
Diplomacy +8
Disable Device +10
Disguise -2
Intimidate -2
Knowledge (arcana) +10
Knowledge (history) +8
Knowledge (nobility) +5
Knowledge (planes) +10
Knowledge (religion) +10
Perception +9
Profession (soldier) +4
Sense Motive +8
Sleight of Hand +6
Spellcraft +10
Use Magic Device +13

Languages
Aklo, Celestial, Common, Elven, Infernal, Undercommon

SQ:
elf blood, extricate haunt, gatefinder (perception), gatekeeper (knowledge [planes]), hypnotism (diplomacy), implements 3, magic item skill, mental focus (11/day), object reading, phrenology (knowledge [arcana]), poison use, possessed possessions, prognostication (sense motive), psychometry (appraise), read aura (perception), shift focus, spirit bonus, thinblood resilience, vain

Combat Gear:
potion of cure light wounds (4), scroll of node of blasting, scroll of summon monster ii, baneberry (3), poison, red tears (3)

Other Gear: +1 mountain pattern armor[UC], +1 buckler, legacy weapon (+1), blacksmith hammer (transmutation implement), mwk jian, bracers (abjuration), cloak of human guise[ARG], sleeves of many garments[UE], masterwork blacksmithing tools, masterwork thieves' tools, poisoning sheath[UE], 252 gp, 6 sp, 7 cp

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Aegis +1 (Su) 1 focus: Grant armor or shield enh. bonus and special ability.
Amoral Mercenary: Onc per day, change alignment for one attack that is based on alignment (ie, do not count as good for a single smite evil usage, or holy word spell). Treated as having 'best' alignment for that one ability.
Arcane Pool +1 (5/day) (Su): Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Conjuration (Compass, Haunted, Champion) Implements used in conjuration allow the occultist to perform magic that transports or calls creatures.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Dirty Fighting Forgo flanking bonus to make combat maneuver not provoke attack of op.
Elf Blood Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Extricate Haunt (full rd action) (Su) Create haunts from your haunted implements that can deliver your spells
Gatefinder (Perception) DC 20 Perception to find soulgates whose alignment is compatable with your own.
Gatekeeper (Knowledge [Planes]) Once you are aware of a soulgate, DC 30 Knowledge (planes) check to open it.
Hypnotism (Diplomacy, 1/day) Use power of suggestion to alter subject's mind or recover memories.
Implements (Su): Gain a series of items which grant access to schools and powers.
Low-Light Vision: See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Magic Item Skill: Add half level as bonus to Use Magical Device.
Mental Focus (11/day) (Su) You have a pool of points that activate your focus powers.
Object Reading (Su) Examine an object for 1 minute to learn properties, history, and about last user.
Phrenology (Knowledge [Arcana], 1/day) Examine a creature's skull to learn it's psychological attributes.
Planar Ward (Sp) 2 focus: Non-native creatures are -4 to atk. you, you have +4 vs. their spells & su abilities.
Poison Use (Ex) You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Possessed Possessions (Su) Altered implements grant a medium's seance boon and 1r of spirit bonus.
Pragmatic Activator: Use Intellignece in place of Charisma for the Use Magic Device skill.
Prognostication (Sense Motive, 1/day) You are skilled in means of folk divination.
Psychometry (Appraise, 1/day) Read the psychic impressions left on objects or in places.
Read Aura (Perception, 1/day) Read the psychic impressions left on objects or in places.
Shift Focus (Transmutation [Weapon], 7 focus) (Su) Shift focus from one implement to another, but lose 1 point.
Spirit Bonus +2 (Champion, max +2, 4/day) (Su) Swift: bonus to attack rolls, non-spell damage rolls, Str checks, Str-based skill checks, Fort saves. Duration 1 round
Thinblood Resilience: +2 racial bonus on Fortitude saves against poison and disease, including magical diseases. Gain Poison Use, and never accidently poison themselves.
Thrune Loyal Agent: Once per week, gain fast healing when dropped below 0 hit points. Afterwards, auto-stabilize.
Vain: -2 to Cha checks for 24h after failing an opposed Cha check
Warrior of Old (elf): +2 Initiative.

Any glaring issues you see would be helpful. This is my first Occultist and I have read the guide for the class.

Kaizerbuns
2017-03-03, 10:45 PM
Seems fine, but I can't stress enough how good Shroud power will be in Hell's Vengeance, hope the build works out!