PDA

View Full Version : Campaign starting in a prison

JobsforFun
2017-03-03, 03:19 PM
I am joining a new campaign today we're starting at level 4 and the DM is having us start out in a prison. I am a paladin currently. We'll be unarmored, and have no weapons anyone have any unique ideas I can use while we're locked up?

Addaran
2017-03-03, 03:28 PM
I am joining a new campaign today we're starting at level 4 and the DM is having us start out in a prison. I am a paladin currently. We'll be unarmored, and have no weapons anyone have any unique ideas I can use while we're locked up?

Ask the shady prisoner to give you a prison tatoo that coincidently look like your god's symbole. :smallcool:

Check if any of your spells have easy to get components like spider web or sand.

Craft/trade for s shiv/shank so you can at least smite enemies.

JakOfAllTirades
2017-03-03, 04:09 PM
Ask your GM if the Paladin Smite spells or Divine Smite will work with unarmed strikes. Otherwise, just get an improvised weapon because that will work.

Also, take Tavern Brawler as your 4th level feat. I wouldn't normally recommend that one, but under the circumstances....

retaliation08
2017-03-03, 06:24 PM
Advise the bard to taunt the guard thusly " I bet I can break out of your ****ty jail with a mere stick of gum."

Roll persuasion to convince the guard to give up a piece of gum.

Sometime later, the guard walks by to find the Bard's cell empty.

The bard has used the gum and one of his own eyelashes to cast Invisibility.

The guard unlocks and opens the cell door to seach for the bard. This is when the bard truly makes his escape. How he rescues the rest of you is up to him.

Or just convince the dm that you all hid your arcane focuses and holy symbols in your "back pocket".

Arkhios
2017-03-03, 06:31 PM
Actually, divine smite and smite spells work with unarmed strikes by RAW. Both only require you to make (and more precisely, hit with) a weapon attack, and an unarmed strike counts as a melee weapon attack. (Note: there's a terminological difference between an "attack with a weapon" and a "weapon attack")

Kane0
2017-03-03, 06:48 PM
So an Elder Scrolls game, eh? Don't plan on staying in prison long.

I believe you can still use lay on hands without equipment, you can leverage that to get stuff you need from fellow prisoners. Smites also work without gear, so your main tools are still available to you.

Herobizkit
2017-03-04, 05:34 AM
Why are you in prison? Did you commit a crime? Are you playing a Lawful paladin?

Is the campaign supposed to be mostly in prison, or just the first chunk of it?

Do you intend to cause issues while you're in lock-up?

Need more input.

Suggest taking Athletics and use Grappling to your best advantage.

JobsforFun
2017-03-06, 09:00 AM
Why are you in prison? Did you commit a crime? Are you playing a Lawful paladin?

Is the campaign supposed to be mostly in prison, or just the first chunk of it?

Do you intend to cause issues while you're in lock-up?

Need more input.

Suggest taking Athletics and use Grappling to your best advantage.

Our characters were supposed to have done a crime, I took some of the ideas from the people who posted on this and it helped greatly and we got out of the prison pretty easily. (I am CE btw)

KorvinStarmast
2017-03-06, 05:40 PM
Our characters were supposed to have done a crime, I took some of the ideas from the people who posted on this and it helped greatly and we got out of the prison pretty easily. (I am CE btw)
CE Paladin
4th level
What Race?

Kane0
2017-03-06, 06:29 PM
Cmon, man give us the details! Who did you shank? How many guards had to subdue you? Did anyone get a tattoo?

Tetrasodium
2017-03-06, 06:36 PM
break the wooden bucket used for... business... you now have a club.
Remove a large bone from the child molester/mass murderer/etc sharing your cell, you now have a club. Use LoH to heal the wound well enough for survival if you are feeling bad about it