PDA

View Full Version : What the...?

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-24, 05:35 PM
Look at comic 1, last panel.. Is it just me... or is haleys arm all the way to the floor line, and missing a hand?

MrPhoenix
2007-07-24, 05:40 PM
what the hell. you're right. :smallconfused:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-24, 05:40 PM
Yes. Yes, it does.

It also appears that her arm is coming out the end of her breast. Oh, wait, it always does that.

Spiryt
2007-07-24, 05:52 PM
Dang, why I never noticed this?

Probably DAMN IT attracts all attention.

Heh, first comic, so memorable...

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-24, 05:52 PM
Veeerey strange:smallconfused:

Kaerbek
2007-07-24, 05:53 PM
Sacré bleu! G_G

Oh mein got! @_@

Oh mi dios! O_O

Io no parlo italiano xD

eu nu fala portugëis :P

Oh my god! Q_Q

Ettlesby
2007-07-24, 05:56 PM
What, do you have something against people with overly long arms without hands?

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-07-24, 05:59 PM
It looks like she lost it when she upgraded to the 3.5 edition. At least she got it back though.

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-24, 06:01 PM
No I have something against people who kill roy by not being there for him to fall on ): |

Ettlesby
2007-07-24, 06:10 PM
No I have something against people who kill roy by not being there for him to fall on ): |

Well, I got laser beams, so that's not gonna go anywhere.

Besides, we're tired of being little more than cushions for the PCs...

I call for a FLUMPH REBELLION!!

the_tick_rules
2007-07-24, 10:18 PM
i don't see it.

Raiser Blade
2007-07-24, 10:22 PM
are you looking at comic 1

DragonTounge
2007-07-24, 10:26 PM
Whoa. Your right. How did I not notice it?!

Swordguy
2007-07-24, 10:27 PM
Well I'll be dipped.

The best part is that it's taken someone THIS LONG to notice...

Harry Joy
2007-07-24, 10:37 PM
Someone noticed it, because it's fixed on the book.

RocketBard
2007-07-24, 10:54 PM
I wonder how fun it would be to have a handless archer? I guess Durkon regenerated it.

Cpt. Sqweky
2007-07-24, 11:41 PM
Sacré bleu! G_G

Oh mein got! @_@

Oh mi dios! O_O

Io no parlo italiano xD

eu nu fala portugëis :P

Oh my god! Q_Q

Wow... there are so many things wrong with that...

In Spanish, you would say "Dios mío."
I don't speak Italian would be "Io non parlo italiano"
and I'm not positive, but about 75% certain that "no" in Portugese is "Nao"
In German "God" is spelled "Gott" with two 't's.

Sorry about that, it's the translation major in me.

Renegade Paladin
2007-07-25, 12:03 PM
Huh. Well, at least it got fixed in the book. :smallconfused:

Metis
2007-07-25, 12:27 PM
It looks like she lost it when she upgraded to the 3.5 edition. At least she got it back though.
It must have been a temporary glitch with the system. :smalltongue:

yoshi927
2007-07-25, 12:57 PM
Maybe someone she fought in the past got more points in Bluff and made a Feint check that they failed back then, so they cut off her hand. :smalleek:

BobTheDog
2007-07-25, 01:21 PM

"não", with a tilde. But he did manage to write much more nicely than 90% of brazilian internet users... :smalltongue:

FrostXian
2007-07-25, 06:21 PM
Belkar's knives also did not change in size at all. Check panel one and the last one. Same pose same size.
It's like all the retro cartoons having obvious mistakes and us saying "Oh we didn't see it back then!"

Khantalas
2007-07-25, 06:29 PM
Probably stealing something from beyond the horizon. Nothing special there. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2007-07-25, 06:33 PM
GIANT!!! HALEYS MISSING A HAND!! the fabric of the comic could fall apart any second now!

Rinquist
2007-07-25, 06:33 PM
A wizard did it.

holywhippet
2007-07-25, 06:46 PM
Belkar's knives also did not change in size at all. Check panel one and the last one. Same pose same size.
It's like all the retro cartoons having obvious mistakes and us saying "Oh we didn't see it back then!"

I never quite understood that bit. What rule change in 3.5 meant that his daggers suddenly became a lot smaller?

Khantalas
2007-07-25, 07:06 PM
Well, see, Belkar was using human-sized daggers, which were like short swords to him. In 3.5, he has to use halfling-sized daggers, which are like daggers to him, therefore smaller.

Jukashi
2007-07-25, 07:37 PM
These sorts of glitches happen when you use vector art. When you spend a lot of time on something like, say, fitting the text and word balloons together, you can end up forgetting about that the arm you were supposed to fix.

Roderick_BR
2007-07-25, 09:07 PM
Lol. It's true. I think she is missing the rest of her "fingers", so you can't tell her hand from her arm.

Chronos
2007-07-25, 09:10 PM
Well, see, Belkar was using human-sized daggers, which were like short swords to him. In 3.5, he has to use halfling-sized daggers, which are like daggers to him, therefore smaller.What I don't understand is why he didn't switch to halfling-sized short swords. Same damage as his 3.0 daggers, and he can use them just as easily. If Elan can get a chain shirt spontaneously in the middle of a dungeon, then Belkar can get a couple of swords spontaneously, too.

PaladinFreak
2007-07-25, 10:31 PM
Chronos, I think that that stems from the fact that the size change is the punchline of the comic.

Kaerbek
2007-07-25, 11:01 PM
Wow... there are so many things wrong with that...

In Spanish, you would say "Dios mío."
I don't speak Italian would be "Io non parlo italiano"
In German "God" is spelled "Gott" with two 't's.

Sorry about that, it's the translation major in me.

Wow... someone took that seriusly... xD

Ok, first thing, as you can see... I'm from ARGENTINA. Do you know the language we speak here? yeap, you got it, spanish, not japanese nor hungarian... so... let me tell you a secret, from someone who speaks spanish as a native language, in spanish there are MANY WAYS of saying the same thing, so, when it comes to MY language, please, don't try to give me lessons, or I'll take them as an insult. It's ok to say "Oh mi dios" "Dios mio" "Oh por dios" etc, each example means exactly the same. So, don't try to tell me what I would have said in spanish. ¿Entendido? Porque lo que más me molesta son esos aires altaneros de alguien que no entiende realmente un idioma y su esencia...

And for the rest...

I clearly said that I don't speak italian and portuguese, and by not knowing, it is expectable to find mistakes there, so, what is the point of correcting someone who admits he doesn't know (and it's not in my plans knowing) the language (save for some random words)

Oops, pardon me... one t two ts, I won't sleep tonight because of that.

-.-

Chronos
2007-07-26, 08:32 AM
Chronos, I think that that stems from the fact that the size change is the punchline of the comic.Oh, yeah, I understand it on that level. Rich will obviously write the comic in whatever way is funniest. I meant, what's the internal reason? Eh, perhaps I'm trying to draw too subtle a distinction, here.

Khantalas
2007-07-26, 09:16 AM
Daggers can be thrown. Short swords can't. Halflings have a bonus on attack rolls when they use thrown weapons.

Dalenthas
2007-07-26, 09:18 AM
Throwing. It's been shown that occasionally Belkar throws his daggers. Significantly harder with short swords. In 3.0 a halfling could throw daggers as well as a human, despite their relative size being much larger.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Chronos
2007-07-26, 10:19 AM
Ah, good point. Yeah, that's enough to justify the loss of a half-point of damage, especially for a halfling.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-07-26, 06:20 PM
I believe this thread has already been done, and a few more mistakes were noticed. For example, in one comic Haley has 3 arms.

Yeril
2007-07-26, 06:46 PM
;2942452']I believe this thread has already been done, and a few more mistakes were noticed. For example, in one comic Haley has 3 arms.

yeah right, Prove it

Rethorn
2007-07-26, 10:46 PM
Wow... someone took that seriusly... xD
-.-

Easy there tiger. He was just correcting some of your translations, no need to take it personally :P You can't tell what language someone speaks over the internet, and he said he was a translation major so I don't blame him for pointing out a perceived translation error.

Kaerbek
2007-07-26, 11:24 PM
Oh, of course, I don't blame him either, it's a free forum :P

He can do whatever he wants.

My italian sucks, as well as my portuguese, obviusly I can't expect NOT being corrected (wether I care being corrected is another subject)

But... it bothers that someone (in fact, someone you don't know) tells you what you should have said... to someone who speaks, breathes, eats, dreams, watches the only language he can speak more than well. It's like... Diego Maradona telling Michael Jordan how to play basketball :S it just doesn't make any sense