PDA

View Full Version : Utilising a witches cackle hex

Scottlang
2017-03-04, 08:44 AM
I have a player playing a Rat folk witch, and what he does, is use the hex evil eye, takes a 5 ft step, and then cackles, as a move equivalent... Is he able to do that??

Crake
2017-03-04, 08:54 AM
I have a player playing a Rat folk witch, and what he does, is use the hex evil eye, takes a 5 ft step, and then cackles, as a move equivalent... Is he able to do that??

Yes, that is a standard, a move and a free action, what part are you questioning?

Inevitability
2017-03-04, 09:07 AM
Yes, that is a standard, a move and a free action, what part are you questioning?

Plenty of people mix up 'taking a move action' and 'moving', as is only to be expected. I assume something like that is going on here.

Crake
2017-03-04, 09:12 AM
Plenty of people mix up 'taking a move action' and 'moving', as is only to be expected. I assume something like that is going on here.

Oh, don't I know it. I have one player who brings that up every time I take a 5ft step and perform some other move action in that round, and he's been playing for close to half a decade now. Annoys the **** out of me. :smallmad:

Rerednaw
2017-03-04, 01:31 PM

Sure just like you may 5 foot step and:
Draw a weapon.
Open/close a door.
Mount/dismount.
Retarget your spell e.g. Spiritual Weapon.
Drop/ready a shield.
Sheath a weapon.
Pick up an object.
etc...

These are listed in the combat section.

Necroticplague
2017-03-04, 02:14 PM

Yeah, why wouldn't he be able to?