PDA

View Full Version : armor types

LairdMaon
2017-03-04, 10:33 AM
Anyone know of a feat or spell to make medium about count as light? Perhaps a magic item?

Uncle Pine
2017-03-04, 10:38 AM
Unless you're a Druid, mithral will do it for +4,000 gp.

thoroughlyS
2017-03-04, 10:40 AM
Even if you're a Druid, you can do it with Darkleaf (Arms & Equipment Guide). Only 750 gp.

LairdMaon
2017-03-04, 10:42 AM
True, but doesn't help when you're working with a Living Breastplate.

Necroticplague
2017-03-04, 10:49 AM
Count as light for what purposes? I don't think there is a flat "you count medium as light armor" (outside of materials that make it lighter, which won't help with a living breastplate). However, if you specify the specific part of Medium Armor that's proving inconvenient, you can probably get rid of it somehow.

LairdMaon
2017-03-04, 10:53 AM
Ranger Two Weapon Fighting works only in light or no armor. I'm using ranger to enter Impure Prince on a daelkyr halfblood.

Uncle Pine
2017-03-04, 11:46 AM
Halfweight is a +3 armor enchancement from Underdark that lets you treat any armor as a light one. Pretty damn costly, but it gets the job done.

Dragon Magazine #355 has Armored Savant, a 1st level Fighter ACF that lets you ignore the weight of your armor for the purpose of calculating encumbrance. Also, "your armor slows you as if it were a category lighter than it is (so medium armor does not slow you and heavy armor slows you as if it were medium armor)." This probably doesn't count as reducing the armor's category for the purpose of a Ranger's Combat Style by RAW, but it's worth asking your DM about it. S/He might be generous.

EDIT: Or you could just make friend with a 3rd level Fiend of Possession and have him possess your living breastplate. I'm sure it wouldn't mind that.

DrMotives
2017-03-06, 12:30 AM
Dragoncrafted armor, from Draconomicon. That knocks armor down a catagory much like mithril, but is druid-friendly.