PDA

View Full Version : Index [3.5] Fiend Touched Compendium

Thurbane
2017-03-04, 07:02 PM
So, I've long been wondering.

Just how many (mechanical) variations are there on a mortal with fiendish ancestry or attributes. I'm looking to compile a list (official 3.0/3.5 only at this stage):

Races/monsters:
Abyssal Giant (EttDP): Hill giants warped by the Abyss (think Fiendish Hill Giant turned up to 11)
Baphitaur (Und): Tiefling Minotaurs, more-or-less
Cambion (EttDP): Demon/tiefling offspring
Draegloth (DotU): Drow/Demon offspring
Durzagon (MM II): Duergar/Bearded Devil offspring
Fey'ri (RoF): an Elven Tiefling type, with increased powers
Hellbred (FC II): Beings who have had their souls escape from the Nine Hells
Maeluth (FF): Dwarves with Devilish ancestry
Mur-Zhagul (Demon Troll) (UE): Troll/Demon offspring
Tanarukk (RoF): Orc/Demon offspring
Tiefling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/planetouched.htm#tiefling): generic Fiend-descended human
Wispling (FF): Tiefling Halflings

Templates:
Fiendish (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/fiendishCreature.htm): regular creatures that evolved on a lower plane
Graced from Outside (DMG II): not technically a template, but works the same way. One of the options is to have Fiendish forebears.
Half-fiend (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfFiend.htm): the most basic template to represent offspring of fiend and mortal
Half-fiend, variant: articles on ideas for variant Half-fiends. Part one (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=1), part two (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=2), part three (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=3) & part four (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070209a).
Unholy Scion (HoH): a different kind of Half-fiend

Classes:
Disciple of Ashardalon (Dr): a prestige class for Dragons with a capstone that makes you a Half-fiend
Fiend-blooded (HoH): a prestige class for Humanoid spontaneous casters with a drop of Fiend blood in them. You become more fiend-like as you progress.
Mountebank (DC): base class with a capstone that makes you a Half-fiend

Feats:
Abyssal Heritor (FC I): feat category, for those touched by the Abyss
Devil Touched (FC II): feat chain, for those touched by the Nine Hells
Fiendish Bloodline (DC): for spontaneous arcane casters with a Fiends somewhere in their lineage
Fiendish Heritage (CM): feat chain, various abilities
Fiendish Heritage (PlH): different than the Complete Mage version, and generally not as good
Hellsworn (EoE): you get the Extraplanar subtype, and your new home plane is the Nine Hells
Infernal Sorcerer Heritage (PHB II): feat chain for Sorcerers with a drop of Fiend blood in them

Spells:
Nar Fiendbond (LEoF): turns a Humanoid into a Half-fiend.
Vile Death (SC): gives an Undead the Fiendish template

Other:
Bloodlines (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#demon) (Demon or Devil): what it says on the tin; using an optional system found in UA

Dragon Magazine / 3rd Party

Templates:
Alu-Demon (Dragon #355): Half-Fiend (Succubus), slightly different abilities
Lemorian (Dungeon #143): a variant Half-fiend template: different SLAs, and a poison sting instead of a bite[/FONT][/COLOR]

Classes:
Tainted Spellcaster (Dragon #355): A tainted is a once noble hero who has fallen under the sway of a fiendish parasite.
Tainted Warrior (Dragon #355): As above, but without casting progression.

Honorable Mentions:
Acolyte of the Skin (CArc): prestige class where you graft bits of fiend to yourself. You become an Outsider as the capstone.
Demonbinder (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070430a&page=3) (DotU): prestige class for Warlock who bind the essences of Demons to themselves
Fiendish Grafts (FF): add bits of fiends to yourself for various abilities
Half-Farspawn (LoM): a template for creatures that are half Far Realm abomination

Hoping to expand this list with the help of the playground.

Cheers - T

Graysire
2017-03-04, 07:52 PM
Fiendish from the Monster Manual? Nope, nvm, that's for fiend versions of monsters

Troacctid
2017-03-04, 08:04 PM
Demon and Devil Bloodlines (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#demon) (Unearthed Arcana)

Fiendish Heritage feat (Complete Mage)
Fiendish Bloodline feat (Dragon Compendium)
Devil-Touched feats (Fiendish Codex II)

Acolyte of the Skin (Complete Arcane)
Demonbinder (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070430a&page=3) (Drow of the Underdark)
The Tainted (Dragon #302)

inuyasha
2017-03-04, 08:15 PM
Fey'ri for elf-tieflings

Tanarrukk for orc-tieflings

Draegloth for drow/demon hybrids

ben-zayb
2017-03-04, 08:31 PM
Since you mentioned Maeluth from Dwarves...
Wispling (Fiend Folio): halfling + demon
Fey'ri (Monsters of Faerun): tiefling descended from elf and demon
Tanarukk (Monsters of Faerun): tiefling descended from orc and demon

Flickerdart
2017-03-04, 09:32 PM
I can't find the Crystal Keep template file anymore, but there was a template there very similar to half-fiend but with a different name.

Tiri
2017-03-04, 11:02 PM
Perhaps a better name for this might be 'Fiendish Compendium' or 'Fiend-blooded Compendium'.

'Half-fiend' is a little misleading as not all the things you list are actually Half-fiends.

Thurbane
2017-03-05, 02:36 AM
I can't find the Crystal Keep template file anymore, but there was a template there very similar to half-fiend but with a different name.

Lemorian possibly? Dungeon Magazine # 143, p.58. Same as regular Half-fiends, but with different SLAs, slightly different ability modifiers and a poison sting attack instead of a bite.

ShurikVch
2017-03-05, 08:44 AM
Races/monsters:
Abyssal Drake (Draconomicon): mix of Wyvern, Red Dragon, and demon
Daelkyr Half-Blood (Magic of Eberron): of Aberration type, but Daelkyr are fiends, correct?
Diabolus (Dragon Compendium): their origin related to Demiplane of Nightmares, but still...
Forlarr (Dangerous Denizens): Half-Devil/Half-Nymph; is it count?
Krathbairn (Dragons of Faerūn): result of attempt to mix dragon and demon
Marruspawn Abomination (Sandstorm): have divine ancestry; it wasn't specified, which, exactly, deity, but, by the summon monster IX (Gargantuan fiendish monstrous scorpion only), I presume it was Evil
Mur-Zhagul (Unapproachable East): "tiefling" Troll
Pernicious Skyfisher (Bestiary of Krynn, Revised): fiendish ancestry is unproved, but I believe in it because of blasphemy, desecrate, and unholy blight 1/day
Planetouched, Worghest (Dragon #350): descendant of goblins and barghests
Skinwalker (Dungeon #145): in ritual resembling initiation to Acolyte of Skin, men are flayed and bonded to skins of Jarilith

Templates:
Alu-Demon (Dragon #355): Half-Fiend (Succubus), slightly different abilities
Brood Spawn (Elder Evils): transformed servants of Father Llymic
Corrupted by the Abyss (Expedition to the Demonweb Pits): type is Aberration, but from the Abyss!
Demon Lord (Dragon #359): Exactly What It Says on the Tin, CR is no less than 22
Graced from Outside (Dungeon Master's Guide II): "If, on the other hand, her forebears were fiendish, she might have vestigial horns or a cloven foot, or her breath might smell of brimstone."
Half-Farspawn (Lords of Madness): type is Outsider, and "always chaotic evil"
Half-Rakshasa (Dragon #313): doesn't make you into Outsider, but still - Rakshasa...
Kaorti Thrall (Fiend Folio): like Fiendish, but with True Strike instead Smite Good
Progeny of Ragnorra (Elder Evils)
Shadowchild (Book of Vile Darkness): like "standard" elven half-fiend, but visually indistinguishable from mortal parent
Sign of the Smoking Eye (Dungeon #107/The Shackled City adventure path): ruler of Occipitus - 507th layer of the Abyss; doesn't neither required you to be an Outsider, nor make you into one, but still...
Tarterian Creature (Dungeon #111/The Shackled City adventure path): infused with Demodand spirit; Demodands are fiends, correct?

Classes:
Aberrant Paragon (Dragon #332) - cultist of the Dragon Below
Fleshwarper (Lords of Madness) - that PrC is usually aimed to Aberrations, but if you will use only Fiendish grafts...
Planar Shepherd (Faiths of Eberron) - just select some of lower planes...

Various "Thrall of ..." PrCs may reshape your body to be more or less as your patron/master, which may include scaly flesh, horns, tentacles, indiscernible anatomy, and so on...
Thrall of Baphomet (Dragon #341)
Thrall of Dagon (Dragon #349)
Thrall of Demogorgon (Book of Vile Darkness)
Thrall of Eltab (Champions of Ruin)
Thrall of Fraz-Urb'luu (Dragon #333)
Thrall of Graz'zt (Book of Vile Darkness)
Thrall of Juiblex (Book of Vile Darkness)
Thrall of Kostchtchie (Dragon #345)
Thrall of Malcanthet (Dragon #353)
Thrall of Orcus (Book of Vile Darkness)
Thrall of Pazuzu (Dragon #329)
Thrall of Zuggtmoy (Dragon #337)

Tiger Mask (Dragon #300) - Rakshasa cultists, who are gradually becoming more and more alike to their masters

Feats:
Fiendish Heritage (Planar Handbook): not as useful as in Dragon Compendium, but still...
Hellsworn (Exemplars of Evil): you get extraplanar subtype, and your new home plane is Nine Hells

Uncle Pine
2017-03-05, 09:45 AM
Should Searing Seed (Dragon #300) be included in the list? I know it creates a normal half-fiend, but maybe it's worth a mention.

daremetoidareyo
2017-03-05, 11:16 AM
Jerren in da house! Bovd I think

The Viscount
2017-03-05, 01:54 PM
Demonbinder from DotU temporarily gives you attributes of a variety of demons.

The Investiture of the X Line from FCII gives you attributes of various devils.

A reversed Incarnation of Angels Utterance grants the target fiendish template for 5 rounds.

Thurbane
2017-03-05, 03:28 PM
Thanks all - I'll update the OP later today.

I probably won't be including Dragon material (apart from compendium) at this point.

ShurikVch
2017-03-05, 04:41 PM
Demonbinder from DotU temporarily gives you attributes of a variety of demons.

The Investiture of the X Line from FCII gives you attributes of various devils.

A reversed Incarnation of Angels Utterance grants the target fiendish template for 5 rounds.If we will include temporary effects, then Fiendbinder in Tome of Magic can get Baatezu or Tanar'ri traits at 9th level (Gift of the Archfiend)

Demonic Blood Infusion (in Ghostwalk WE) gives fiendish template and the chaotic and evil
subtypes, and make you counts as an outsider for the purpose of spells and effects that affect only certain creature types

In Spell Compendium, Visage of the Deity can give you Fiendish template, and Greater Visage of the Deity - Half-Fiend

Planar Apotheosis (in Complete Psionic) can give Half-Fiend template

Thurbane
2017-03-05, 06:59 PM
I might have three sub-categories:

- Permanent fiend-touched
- Temporary fiend-touched
- Honorable mention (things that are loosely related to the theme, but aren't really related to fiendish heritage: Acolyte of the Skin and Fiendish Grafts would probably go in this category)

Troacctid
2017-03-05, 08:04 PM
I probably won't be including Dragon material (apart from compendium) at this point.
I mean, since it's crowdsourced anyway, you might as well, right? If nothing else it'll be useful to other people looking for a reference for these things.

Tiri
2017-03-07, 09:24 AM
Jerren in da house! Bovd I think

Jerren aren't really related to fiends at all, though. They may be evil, but that doesn't automatically associate them with fiends.

ShurikVch
2017-03-07, 11:53 AM
Darkness Given Hunger (Book of Vile Darkness): Unique advanced black pudding/demon fusion

Demonic Troll (Dangerous Denizens): by the fluff, they're descendants of Elder Trolls and demons

Note: incorrect link for Graced from Outside

Also, why so much was left out?
Say, Mur-Zhagul - the "Demon Troll" of Unapproachable East
Or Abyssal Drake and Krathbairn - are Dragons "not mortal enough" for you?

Thurbane
2017-03-07, 02:57 PM
Also, why so much was left out?

I'm updating in dribs and drabs as I get time. Also, some stuff I'm not sure how to categorize, or just flat out (and respectfully) disagree about belonging in the compendium.

I will be adding more of your suggestions as time permits.