PDA

View Full Version : Building a gestalt mystic (DSP) and looking for a way to have a flying weapon

Da Beast
2017-03-04, 07:40 PM
The character will be level 14 and the only thing I'm really dedicated to is taking mystic for one side of the gestalt. I want my main method of attacking to be a flying spear that delivers and possibly blocks attacks at a range like King from Seven Deadly Sins. So far the only printed option I've found is the universalist wizard's hand of the apprentice ability which is really just a low level back up for when you run out of spells. I want a full on attacking weapon capable of delivering strikes all day with telekinetic reach. I'm open to most any method of accomplishing this, the undecided side of my gestalt means I can use any build path without sacrificing my progression in mystic, I'd even be open to suggestions for how to home brew it. The game will be a one shot so my GM is fairly open to crazy builds that wouldn't fly in a normal game.

Graysire
2017-03-04, 08:36 PM
Perhaps an altered version of the Dancing property? Where instead of attacking as a separate entity you can use it to attack and it moves around, etc?

Tuvarkz
2017-03-05, 03:18 AM
Psychic Armory Soulknife might be just the thing you need, with a bit of refluffing. (A full attack being the same spear attacking and returning multiple times instead of a stream of weapons a la Gilgamesh)

Dappershire
2017-03-05, 04:02 AM
Broom of Flying
Attach Spearhead
Profit.

Da Beast
2017-03-05, 10:44 PM
Psychic Armory Soulknife might be just the thing you need, with a bit of refluffing. (A full attack being the same spear attacking and returning multiple times instead of a stream of weapons a la Gilgamesh)

This would actually work quite well. Am I correct in assuming that this would limit me to ranged disciplines? I'm also curious if the one handed and light mind blades serve a purpose other than longer range increment once two handed blades have been unlocked.

Jopustopin
2017-03-05, 10:47 PM
Warblade: Wall of Blades maneuver (Spear can block)
Bloodstorm Blade prestige class: Spear now flies all over the place.

Tuvarkz
2017-03-06, 02:03 AM
This would actually work quite well. Am I correct in assuming that this would limit me to ranged disciplines? I'm also curious if the one handed and light mind blades serve a purpose other than longer range increment once two handed blades have been unlocked.

At least until you get the blade skill that lets you grab one of the weapons in the panoply with your hand, but yeah. Yeap to the second part.