PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Appreciation

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-24, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if this has been done before, or if it's allowed (I assume it is), but I'd like to thank all the mods who keep these forums in check for us and open a spot for others to do the same. You guys do a truly amazing job, and I'm sure you don't get thanked a whole lot.

Anyway, this would be the spot to voice your love for our beloved mods!

Thanks guys!

@V: Sorry...I didn't think it had...I've never seen one. *Groans*

Ego Slayer
2007-07-24, 08:28 PM
* Counts... loses count *
It's been done before. But that's okay... It's true! Bestest Mods evar!

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-24, 08:41 PM
Nah. Last time it was done was quite a while ago...like, October or some time.

Love the mods, especially when a few of them become your friends over time. Gives this place a real sense of community.

Cyrano
2007-07-24, 08:45 PM
Feh! Mods! Who needs em!
Oh wait. EVERYONE.
Thank you mods, for efficiency, For kindliness, for ubertude, for the various array of umbrellas, guns, furry beasts and geraniums. Without you, there'd be more people like me. So, thank you!

EmeraldRose
2007-07-24, 09:46 PM
Thanks to the mods for making this Forum a place that is fun and easy on the eyes for reading! :smallbiggrin:

Otherwise, I think my brain would hurt...

Ranis
2007-07-24, 09:50 PM
God Save Queen Lilly!

Oh yeah, and all of the others too.

Rawhide is t3h kewlest!!

Logic
2007-07-24, 10:42 PM
I especially appreciate Alarra, Lilly, Rawhide, & Roland St. Jude; mostly because they frequent the "Friendly Banter" Section, where I do most of my posting.

The others are not as appreciated as much only because of lack of exposure.

zeratul
2007-07-24, 10:49 PM
Seriously, what you guys do is amazing. You're ability to be constantly viggilant, and deal justice, but to also be fun, and active posters is pretty damn cool.

Ego Slayer
2007-07-24, 10:50 PM
Without you, there'd be more people like me. So, thank you!
Yeah, seriously, thank you!
(One of the most amusing things you've said... by far. :smalltongue: )

Nomrom
2007-07-24, 10:55 PM
I've never frequented any other forums before, so are other mods like the ones here. Because you guys are pretty amazing. You are really efficient and get on things pretty quickly. Plus you can do all this without seeming distant like some sort of babysitter forced to watch really disobedient children. Instead, you guys post frequently and develop friendships with the other posters. Thanks for all your hard work.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-24, 11:08 PM
I've never frequented any other forums before, so are other mods like the ones here.

For the most part, I've noticed that mods are distant in other forums. They rarely post anything fun or communal. More often than not it's always about something serious. Some even carry out personal vendettas against posters they don't particularly like, and far too many are legalistic with how they do things.

On my part, I'd like to specifically thank Alarra for being one of the primary SMBG mods (where I spend 90% of my time). You do a great job making sure that games are in their rightful places, that things stay structured which should be structured, and that we all love you for the job you do and the fun we have playing with you!

SurlySeraph
2007-07-24, 11:41 PM
The moderators here are so awesome because they're actually part of the community. On most sites, the mods just swoop down from time to time to inform people that they're banned and never do anything else. Here, the mods are.. you know... people. With, like, personalities and stuff. Good personalities. And they're good people.

Marek
2007-07-24, 11:47 PM
Honestly, the mods here are so awesome you think Rich would have done a filler or had someone else do one dedicated to the mods. Order of the Playground, starring Roland St. Jude, Rawhide, Gorbash Kazdar, Alarra, and others! Oh the fun... Anyway, Back to the appreciation

:elan: "Bow, bow, bow, bow to the glory of the mods!"

Surfer99
2007-07-25, 02:13 AM
Just wondering is there any special prize for beeing the most flamboyant flattering fan of the mods?

If so i will have to join the contest :P

<3 our Mod team (yes our for all of us!)

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-25, 02:09 PM
I appreciate them all the more because I've been a mod on another forum, and I've just walked out on said forum because I wasn't receiving the support I needed from the other mods to do anything about the bullying and unpleasantness problems that had been spreading like fungus for a long while now. I'm very glad it's not like that here.

Castaras
2007-07-25, 02:15 PM
I appreciate them all the more because I've been a mod on another forum, and I've just walked out on said forum because I wasn't receiving the support I needed from the other mods to do anything about the bullying and unpleasantness problems that had been spreading like fungus for a long while now. I'm very glad it's not like that here.

Seconded.

While I myself would not be able to cope with the powers of Moderation(I'd either abuse them or be too nice...), I sure respect those who can and do.

Thank you everyone! Pie and cookies for you all! :smallbiggrin:

Sean92k
2007-07-25, 02:51 PM
Thank zombie Jebus for our Chaotic cool mods

Raistlin1040
2007-07-25, 02:58 PM

Being a mod is tough work. I've done it on one forum and was an Admin on another, and it was tough, thankless work. So thank you for being fantastic!

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-25, 04:22 PM
Thanks to all the Mods. As has been said many forums have indifferent Mods so all the Mods here are amazing! You're all vigilant, but friendly and active so when you make a warning everyone heeds it. Having one Mod like the ones here is fun, bbut all the Mods are funny, and well, everything everyone says they are. We don't deserve all the Mods we have here.
*is humbled by the sheer awesomeness of all the Mods*