PDA

View Full Version : The Tyrant - help me finish building this class

GrayDeath
2017-03-05, 02:33 PM
Hello fellow Homebrewers!

I`d like to borrow your experience (and time)....if you please.

I am at the moment brewing The Tyrant. A Class focussed on dominating others through Force of Arms, Will and Armies.

For inspiration listen to fitting music (for example Disturbeds Tyrant, Blind Guardians When Time stands Still at the Iron Hill and a Dark Passage, or similar), read books about an imposing, close to unkillable, Dark Warrior of your choice, or simply imagine a good Big Bad with a martial Bend. I basically want you to give me Alpha Feedback and suggestions.

What I have:

D12 Hitdie, High Con and Will saves, medium BAB All Armors and a hand full of signature Weapons (thinking Maces, Swords, especially larger Variants) and simple weapon Profs, a Handful of SLA`s or very limited (say half Sorcerer in number) Arcane Casting without AP problems, low to medium DR and under some circumstances Fast Healing, a kind of Self-produced far less flexible Version of the Clerics Divine Might/Channeling.

Conqueror: Gives reduced Warblade/Warder (depending on the Edition) Initiator Progress (limited to one School, fewer (though not clear yet how much exactly) M. and Stances, Full BAB, more DR than normally.

Overlord: gets 3 Leadership-Variant-Feats (each giving an amount of half his level Martials/noncasters as followers), a bit more magic.

What I need:

Help in figuring out what type of magic and general abilities to give them in addition (Lists?, SLA or Spells?, Choices or "musts" other mandatory Feats?). Mostly looking for what would fit fluffwise, but also regarding competence (see below).

It is supposed to be: Really tough/resilient, dominating on battlefields, strong but limited regarding Magic (moreso than a Sorcerer or Favoured Soul), wear heavy Armor nonetheless, be a (T/t)yrant, and overall kick ass.

It is not supposed to be: too flexible, a real caster of any kind (eg "full" or close to it), Skillmonkey, shapeshifting.

Mechanically speaking: It is in no way meant to reach T2 (unless you use the definition of "canc ast Spell X" as T2), but be very very powerful in "reasonably PO" territory. I am aiming for a solidly powerful T3 in the "Really good at one or two things, a bit use outside".

Thank you for your Help!

aimlessPolymath
2017-03-05, 03:37 PM
Does this have anything to do with your Charismancer? Are you going to go back and edit that class later?

It's a little insulting asking for advice and help with a class that has this little going done, especially since there's actually a thread for requesting things (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?408530-Request-a-Homebrew-Thread-3). Right now, you just have the backbone of the class and a couple example ideas.

GrayDeath
2017-03-05, 07:00 PM
My.charismancer.is.an old.concept that I.will.finish, yes.

If you feel insulted by me asking for.help then I.dont know how you can stand.the.internet, as you must feel insulted all the.time.

But.to.the topic: I have the specific "archetype" abilities in Greater.detail as well as some varied.ideas, but thought I'd go.and see.if someone was.willing and able to help.

It's.not as if I am forcing anybody to do.anything, so could you be a little less....I dont know, pre-emptively annoyed?

Thank you.

aimlessPolymath
2017-03-05, 08:48 PM
Alright, yeah, I was out of line there. I'm just very frustrated by the little content there is here, especially since you said in the other thread that you would have time to work on the Charismancer today, that you had a player interested in that class, and that you still hadn't taken the advice I gave you.

Here's my commentary on what little you have.

I think you should pick either spellcasting or initiating for the class (archetypes?), rather than splitting between the two- you get a more cohesive feel to the class (although I suppose that a initiating/magic gish has it's own niche to build in, it doesn't quite seem like what you're building).

SLAs are OK options, but you should probably pick them out yourself. This has a couple benefits. One is that you have greater control of the theme and mood of the class- a Tyrant who grabs Grease, Web, and Wind Wall (say), has a powerful crowd-control loadout, but ends up rather silly. One who has to pick Enlarge Person, Fear, and (say) Protection From Arrows feels a whole lot more like a boss fight, personally dealing out mighty blows and shrugging off rains of arrows, even though those spells are much less likely to be picked by a prospective Tyrant.
The second is that you have much greater control over the class's toolkit, and can put together a much more cohesive class. In effect, it gives you greater control over how they approach situations- this is especially important, since you wanted to avoid reaching T2. Keep in mind that spells give an incredibly large amount of the ability so solve situations, from the humble information-gathering/interrogating charm person, the travel-time-eliminating teleport, and the swiss army knife of limited wish. Free-choice SLAs are a lot like being a nerfed version of the Sorcerer- you're still T2 ("Able to solve some problems instantly"), you're just worse at it.
The third is that depending on how much you control the spells you can choose from, the Tyrant can potentially get much stronger spells by choosing from Paladin or Ranger spells, which are much lower level.
Here are Tyrant-themed spells to pick:

Bane, Doom- debuff cleric spells.
Mount, Phantom Steed- mobility + being a knight, sort of.
Hypnotism- I picked this over Charm Person because it presents the Tyrant as someone who is just incredibly compelling, by his very presence. Also Charm Person is busted-good. Lock Gaze is another neat spell relating to making the Tyrant the center of attention/
Cause Fear: Intimidate on steroids.
Emblazon Crest: Possibly automatic and for free? Depends how "magical" the tyrant is.
Command: Yes. If no other spell on this list gets in, this one should. In addition to being useful action denial, it's pretty much the most archetypal Tyrant ability there is.
Seducer's Eyes: Draco in Leather Pants. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DracoInLeatherPants)
Misdirection or Nondetection- Divination are dangerous and can screw up your Evil Plan- use protection.
Enthrall: Like Hypnotic Pattern, this puts the spotlight on you. A good time to monologue.
Scare: Cause Fear's older brother.
Penumbral Disguise: Reaching a little, here, but it's super stylish.
Detect Desires/Detect Anxieties: So you can use them against them. A valuable tool in Evil Plans, if not generally.
Deflect Blame: Hilarious, and moderately appropriate.
Draconic Malice: Scare's best friend. Not really dragon-themed, really.
Suggestion: More like an order, really.

Note that many of these spells aren't actually that good compared to the staple spells that most have available, just extremely appropriate for the class. None are higher than 3rd level. They're very good for adding flavor, and encourage some behaviors- Detect Desires and Detect Anxieties in particular are very appropriate for Evil Planning, and while less useful, are more fun than Detect Thoughts.

Giving Leadership essentially turns the class into the ultimate skillmonkey, which you may not want. Even with barring spellcasting, there's still a whole lot of stuff they can do with it (Aid Another stacking, at least).

Divine Might is a feat that lets a cleric expend a use of channel energy to add their Charisma to their damage for one round. I can't find Divine Channeling anywhere except as a feat which is part of variant rules developing a completely different system of spellcasting.

Do you want initiating (or spellcasting- will assume initiating from now on) to kick in at 1st level or later? If you choose later levels, it gives you some room to put in custom abilities at low levels. (Defensive Stance?). Also, if you have the "specific 'archetype' abilities" written, could you post them, so they could be reviewed?

Also, heads-up that a hybrid class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?517088-Hybrid-Class-Overlord-(PEACH)) which is pretty close to a spellcasting version of this got put up a little while ago. It's got a very similar theme, if less moving parts.

And finally, an "overlord" class feature, since you asked, which grants a little support abilities in a dictatorial way:
Overlord's Command(Ex): As a full-round action, you may give an order to a creature or group of creatures which are subordinate to you within 30 ft, giving it a Directive in the form of one or two sentences. As long as they attempt to follow that Directive, they may use it to maintain their resolve to gain a +1 bonus to an attack roll or skill check related to that command. This effect ends when it has affected a number of rolls equal to your Charisma bonus. A creature can only obey one Directive at a time.
There'd be separate language about who counts as subordinate, of course, and maybe a different ability which increases the number/bonus of the rolls.
What roles do you want the Tyrant to be in? This feature and features like it might emphasize the leadership powers of the class, giving it marshall-like abilities, but only as long as someone agrees to obey your commands.
Subordinate to None: The Tyrant gains a +4 bonus to saving throws against compulsion effects, as well as to damage rolls against creatures who have given the Tyrant an order within the past day.
It's a mix of a defensive feature, and a thematically related bonus which lets you kill your boss for the insolence of daring to give you an order (notably, most compulsion effects include giving some kind of suggestion or command, which triggers the bonus).
Slay the Weak: Whenever a creature rolls a natural 20 to hit you, if it could only hit you on a natural 20, it misses. Whenever you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll, if you would only miss on a natural 1, you hit.
A minor but fun bonus. It's what I think of as a "peasant-killer" class feature. This is for a Tyrant who gets in the middle of combat and does all the fighting.
Immense Ego: As long as you are at full hit points, you have DR 10/--
It's honestly almost always going to just be 10 hit points. A little of the reverse:
Miraculous Survival: Once per month, you may fake your own death as an immediate action, gaining temporary hit points equal to your Constitution score. This does not actually protect you from dying, although the temporary hit points may reduce damage you take. Make a single level check against all effects currently affecting you which would not effect a dead body- if the check beats 10 + the caster level of the effect, you end it as though you were dead.

You immediately drop prone and appear to be dead to all examinations. You retain hearing, but not vision, of the world around you, and cannot take actions. While in this state, you do not need to breathe, eat, or sleep, and take half damage from all effects. You may maintain this state of apparent death for up to 1 week, until you choose to end it. When you do, you gain fast healing 1, which lasts until you reach full hit points. When you do, the state ends, and you may act again.

As far as developing class features, the simplest way to give the class some flavor and character is to give the class a bonus, but restrict the ways in which it can be used- three of my example features are like that.

GrayDeath
2017-03-06, 11:37 AM
Generally Is aid I`ll ahve time to work on the Charismancer starting today, which is true, I am just starting right now.

And yes, a player wants to paly one, some time in April it seems atm, so we have (some) time.

I`ll go over your suggestions within the enxt 2-3 days and get it implemented.
The Tyrant for now is only 2 archetypes, some signaturte stuff (will be put up once I am done with the Charismaner) and a general concept, for which your suggestions below are VERY much appreciated!

@ Tyrant:

Well, there are some very very welvome suggestions, thank you!

I already have a version of "Subordinate to none" included (called it Tyrants Will, almost exactly the same, yet bonuses increase with levels in Tyrant and start at +2), I especially like the Slay the Weak, didn `t think of anything like that, which I should have.

Nice Spell Selection, and I think I agree that prechosen SLA`s is the way to go for theme (maybe with a feat that allows them another choice of one level below max, may be taken twice for SOME customization?).

As for your Questions: both Archetypes are supposed to be capable Leaders, but the Overlord moreso, both are supposed to be tough and capable in Battle, but the Conqueror much moreso.

Regarding the limited Leadership: true, it does. But it also feels very thematically appropiate to give an Overlord Minions, no? ^^

I intended some bonus feats, and am open to suggeestions that are not only flavour but powerful enough not to be considered "dead" feats.

Regarding the Hybrid Class: interesting, much more casting focussed than my Idea, and less thematically Tyrannical, but fun.
Still gonna do this (once I am satisfied with the Charismancers status), and again let me say I appreciate your help!

aimlessPolymath
2017-03-06, 12:21 PM
I'm a bit frustrated to find out that you already wrote class features for the class without posting them, since I wrote up a duplicate ability.

One other note about prechosen SLAs- it gives you room to create class features which interact with those SLAs.
Center of Attention(Sp): Even in the midst of battle, the Tyrant is unmistakably the most important person, and even those in the midst of death find it difficult to tear their eyes away. As a standard action, the Tyrant can expend two uses of his lock gaze spell-like ability to cast lock gaze on all creatures within range. Those currently under a Directive are immune to this effect.

SLA customization could be a thing, I guess? The spells I selected are all things that fall under the Tyrant's mythos- a domineering, powerful person who demands respect. If you allow them to choose options outside that theme, why not go all the way and make it available to everyone? Give fighters some love! Let barbarians grab spells out of theme too! (I'm actually not being sarcastic here- a feat which you can only pick once which grants a cleric, wizard, or druid spell X times per day would be a really neat addition to the campaign- it could help pull up fighters by letting them grab important spells like greater magic weapon to cut their costs, could help martial classes alpha strike when necessary, and would let the party as a whole patch holes in their group by grabbing things like find traps, cure moderate wounds, dispel magic, and so on. Arguably, rogues have even more of a claim on that feat than other classes, even this one, what with the fact that they can already learn magic via rogue talents in pathfinder.)

On limited Leadership: What about specifying the minions granted in some fashion- they have to have the same class, or the same skills/feats/talent selection, or something. It means less statblocks to track, too, and lets the Tyrant get a "theme"- they lead a barbarian horde, or a guild of thieves, or a squadron of mercenaries. (Also, you might want to bar initiating classes, which can do disproportionately much damage at low levels. Maybe restrict them to a single "miniboss" minion if you really, really want to keep them).

As for your Questions: both Archetypes are supposed to be capable Leaders, but the Overlord moreso, both are supposed to be tough and capable in Battle, but the Conqueror much moreso.
Do you have distinct abilities written for these archetypes which would be mutually exclusive, or are they not written up yet? If they aren't, I suggest starting with finishing the basic Tyrant class, and then deciding whether you want to build archetypes for it. To be honest, they both sound more like different ways of building the same class rather than archetypes- a Charisma focus vs. a Strength/Con focus, essentially.

GrayDeath
2017-03-25, 11:20 AM
Well, here we go,

The Tyrant - Alpha

(This class is mainly focused on pathfinder, if using it with 3.5 instead of 3.x, reduce the Skillpts/Level by 2 and adjust the Class Skills and Spells for his SLA`s)

Tyrants are omnipresent. They have been for as long as history goes back.
Strong Men and Women driven to rule over others, crushing everything in their path to rulership, establishing (or taking over) Realms and ruling them with an iron fist.

While others might desire Power to better the world to take vengeance, or simply for Power sake, Tyrants seek power to Rule over Others. To Defy Beings wanting to Command THEM. To be „the one on Top“.

Tyrants make excellent Villains, but in Evil Groups they also make excellent Leaders, combining a good amount of Power and Focus with the ability to shrug off a lot of the things coming their way and some small magical ability. Due to this they make both excellent Group leaders as well as good main melee fighters and Faces.

Basics:

Hitdie: D10. Tyrants are tough (in case of the Conqueror, see Archetypes, even moreso).
BAB: Medium/High (undecided atm)

Saves: Fortitude and Will High, Reflex Low. Tyrants are tough of Body and will, but not really all that quick.

Skillpts/Level: 6+Int Modifier

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (History, Dungeoneering, Arcane, Nobility), Perception, Ride, Sense Motive

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: Tyrants are Proficient with any and all Armors, even if they have not yet been invented when the Tyrant became a Tyrant, all Shields except Towershields, all Simple Weapons and 2 of the Following (these are considered his Signature Weapons, see descriptions for explanation): Bastard Sword, Greatsword, heavy Mace, 2handed Warhammer, Scythe, Whip.

Alignment: In Settings with strict cosmic alignment Rules, Tyrants are always Lawful Evil.
In Settings with existing cosmic alignment rules, but less strict enforcements (say Eberron) Tyrants are Lawful Evil or within one Setp of it (ergo lawful neutral or Neutral Evil are allowed).

Important Statistics: Tyrants need to be tough and stand their ground in Melee, resist Assassination attempts, and plan well. Therefore Strength, Constitution and Intelligence are their important Stats.
They substitute Fear for appeasement and hence dont need Charisma, they are usually not very wise and perceptive, and their predisposition for the heaviest Armor makes Dexterity less than useful.

Adventurig Hints: Tyrants work well in every party that fighs Chaos be it defending Civilization, fighting demons or "the Wyld".
Otherwise they make excellent leaders of Evil parties and amazing "Big Bads".

CThe Tyrant

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

1st

+0

+2

+0

+2
Armored Lord, Tyrants Aspiration

2nd

+1

+3

+0

+3
Choose 1 Tyrannical Feat, Gain Cause Fear and Bane as SLA 3 times/Day

3rd

+2

+3

+1

+3
Tyrants Will, Tyrannical Weapons

4th

+3

+4

+1

+4
Choose 2 of the following: Misdirection, Nondetection, Detect Anxiety and Detect Desires 3 times/Day
Tyrants Pride

5th

+3

+4

+1

+4
Destroy the Weak, Choose one Tyrannical Feat

6th

+4

+5

+2

+5
Tyrants Prerogative
Gain Hypnotism and Fireball as SLA 3/Day

7th

+5

+5

+2

+5
All your SLA`s are now useable 1+„your highest mental Ability Mod“ times/Day (if this is more than 3). Choose one Tyrannical Feat.

8th

+6/+1

+6

+2

+6
Tyrannical Ego

9th

+6/+1

+6

+3

+6
Choose one major Tyrannical Feat,Blaze of Glory

10th

+7/+2

+7

+3

+7
Tyrants Grasp. Gains Scare (replaces Cause Fear, works with all Beings of Less HD than Tyrant) and Suggestion as SLA`s.

11th

+8/+3

+7

+3

+7
Skin of Authority

12th

+9/+4

+8

+4

+8
Tyrants Attunement, Tyrants Glare

13th

+9/+4

+8

+4

+8
Avoid the Strong

14th

+10/+5

+9

+4

+9
Tyrannical Malice

15th

+11/+6/+1

+9

+5

+9
Choose one Tyrannical Feat (Minor or Major). Gain Fast Healing 5

16th

+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10
Eldritch Tyrant:

17th

+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10
Indomitable Tyrant Tyrants Call

18th

+13/+8/+3

+11

+6

+11
Choose one major Tyrannical Feat, Improved Tyrants SR

19th

+14/+9/+4

+6

+11
Tyranny is Eternal

20th

+15/+10/+5

+12

+6

+12
Tyrants Realm

Special Abilities:

Armored Lord: Starting at level 1 Tyrants wear heavy armor almost all day. This causes heavy Armor to have the following bonuses when worn by them:
+1 Armor Class, -1 Armor Penalty. This increases to +2/-2 at Level 11.

Tyrants Aspiration: Starting at Level 1 a Tyrants Dedication to Ruling makes him near omnipresent regarding his subordinates.
All Subordinates (eg people knowingly living in his realm, everybody in his army, and all beings that ever swore an oath to him) have their Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise and Gather Information Rolls against the Tyrant reduced by 3.
This modification increases to -5 at Level 6, and when reaching Level 12 a Tyrant is automatically aware of and ignores all such attempts. At reaching Level 19 a Tyrant always knows what his underlings intended with their attempts (this is a supernatural Ability that can effectiuvely be blocked by Mind Blank, but the Tyrant immediately notices if an underling becomes blanked".

Tyrannical Weapons: Starting at Third Level, a Tyrant is Considered to always have the Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization Tree Feats for his Style Weapons as if he was a Fighter of his Level -1 and had taken them as soon as possible.

Tyrants Will: starting at Level 3 a Tyrant becomes even more centered on his own plans, and very difficult to influence magically. Add 2+Level in Tyrant/3 to all Saves vs. Orders of any Kind, and add the same amount of damage to all Attacks made against beings that gave the tyrant an order within the last 5 minutes (multiple Orders do not stack for this effect!).
At reaching Level 14 a Tyrant becomes immune to any and all effects that try to order him, and instead applies the aforementioned bonus against all Spells of the Enchantment School and all Mind affecting Effects.

Tyrants Pride: Tyrants desire Power over others more than anything else, and their Pride is both their strength and their Weakness. Starting at Level 4 they add Levels in Tyrant/2 to Concentration rolls and Intimidate rolls made against beings under their rule or of lesser Power (ergo below their level), but subtract Level/3 from any Bluff and Disguise Rolls to avoid being recognized as who and what they are, (unless their form is altered via Magic, then they only subtract a total of 2 pts).

Destroy the Weak: Starting at Level 5: If you could only miss something on an attack roll of 1, you do not miss on a 1. If something could only hit you on an attack roll of 20, they do not hit you on a 20.

Tyrants Prerogative: Starting at Level 6 the Tyrant can imbue his Weapons and Armor with Malice and DIsdain. Once per Day/5 Lvels of Tyrant he may apply Bane X to his weapon (Duration 1 hour, Examples: Bane Humans, Elves, Chaos, etc) or „Protection vs Good or Chaos“ to his Armor (same Duration).

Tyrannical Ego: Starting at Level 8, the Tyrants Ego becomes his protection. While at full health, he gains DR 5+Level in Tyrant/2. This stacks with Damage Resistance obtained via other means.

Blaze of Glory: At Level 9 the Tyrants Ego and Aura combine. He is always considered under the Effects of Emblazon Crest. In addition, if at least 10 of his underlings are within 200ft and can clearly see him, he gains +2 to all saves.

Tyrants Grasp: At Level 10 the Tyrants ability to command becomes able to supress death.
Immediately after the death of an Enemy he killed himself (ergo dealt more than 50% of the damage needed to kill him), he can touch the Corpse to raise it as a Wight (template).
Aside from being unflinchingly loyal to the Tyrant, the former enemy keeps all his personality traits, knowlegde and abilities.
If this ability is used on a Caster, there is a probability of (highes possible Spell Level*10%) that he explodes, dealing 2d6 of untyped damage per Level the Enemy had within 60ft around it (example: A L7 Paladin has 40% chance to blow up and deals 14d6 Damage, a L14 Wizard has a 90% chance to blow up and deal 24d6 damage....Yes, its dangerous to play with casters....).
The Tyrant can have one Wight under his Command for every full 7 levels he has in Tyrant.

Skin of Authority: At Level 11 the Tyrant exudes such an aura of command that it becomes increasingly difficult to harm him. he gains DR 5/-, which increases to Tyrant Level-3 against all Beings "under his rule".

Tyrants Attunement: Starting at Level 12 the Tyrant can detect beings purely by feeling their alignment. When facing incorporeal or invisible Enemies, ignore regular Miss chances. Instead, if they are lawful, hit them at 90%, if they are good or chaotic at 60%, otherwise regular Rules apply.

Tyrants Glare:A Tyrants Displeasure is a force of nature. Once per Day per 4 Levels of Tyrant they may use Mass Castigate (as the Spell) to any and all Beings under his rule within reach of the effect (this eclipses Mass Castigates normal maximum amount of targets).

Avoid the Strong: Starting at Level 13 The Tyrant becomes able to survive battles he cannot win by fleeing with supernatural acumen. He may simultaneously invoke versions of improved Invisibility and Expeditious Retreat (both with a duration of 1 Minute) as a Move Action. Only available if facing somebody with more Levels/HD than himself! Can be used once/Day per 10 levels (round normally).

Tyrannical Malice: At Level 14 the Tyrant gains Draconic Malice (in his case the exceptions for the effects are: are other Tyrants or beings of Lawful Evil Alignment above his level/HD). He can freely suppress it with a free action Concentration Check vs. 15+3 for every time he was insulted within the last hour.

Eldritch Tyrant: At Level 16 the Tyrants Innate Abilites surge. Choose one: either all of the Tyrants SLA`s are now at will, or he may freely apply up to +2 levels of Metamagic to them (he does not need to "know" any metamagic for that!).

Indomitable Tyrant: At level 17 the Tyrants Mind becomes so strong it causes reality to bend to his advantage.
He adds his Intelligence Bonus to: All Saves, Deflection AC, Initiative.

Tyrants Call: At Level 17 the Tyrants Aura of law and Evil are so strong, they can extend across the planar boarders and call a Devil from one of the Nine Hells. This was used to make a Deal with one of the Archdukes of Hell. Choose one Archduke. Once per Month the Tyrant can call in a Devil of his choice (of a CR of maximum his Level-2) under that Archdukes command to serve him. This service will be executed in "good will" and to the letter, as long as: it does not oppose Hell, does not take longer than 1 year and does not involve direct suicide.
Attention: This does irrevocably fix the Tyrants Alignment on Lawful Evil!

Tyrants Resistance: At Level 18 the Tyrant gains SR of 10+his Level (attention, if there are other sources of SR that are internal, ergo no items or spells, this stacks with them!)

Tyranny is Eternal: At Level 19 the Tyrant becomes immortal and unchanging. He does not age physically, and unless the source trying to age him is more epic/mythical than he, is immune to any effects that would age him. Mental aging still happens normally. he is also completely immune to Instant Death and Polymorph Effects.

Tyrants Realm: At reaching Level 20 the Tyrant has completely understood the Concept of Tyranny. The realm he rules becomes an extraplanar "Pocket World", with only himself and people he allows it being able to enter/leave it at will (of course casters with Plane shift may land in it, but only the abovementioned can enter/exit at their leisure....).
Within his realm he has full control over Weather, Night/Day cycles and Gravity.
He can speed up/slow down time up to 50%.
If it was smaller, it increases in size to 1 Cubic mile for every Level in Tyrant.
Everyone dying within the Realm while he is within, he can bring back to life at will (either with the effects of Raise Dead ior Reincarnate, at no additional costs).

Tyrannical Feats:

Attention, aside from the "Add SLA" Feat, only Tyrants can take these feats!
All Feats marked with an * arte Greater Tyrannical Feats. These can only be chosen by Tyrants, and only after choosing the Lesser Tyrannical Feat before them!

Tyrannical SLA: Available for Tyrants starting at Level 8, for other Characters that are not casters at Level 10.
Choose one Spell of Level 3 or lower. You can now use it (see Tyrant) Times/Day.
Other Classes: 3 times/day.

Greater Tyrannical SLA: Requires 1 or more Tyrannical SLA`s. You may now either choose a Spell of up to level 5 with half the number of Uses/Day (1 time for non Tyrants) of the above OR you may choose a Spell of up to level 3 with up to +4 Metamagic Mods Applied, also only useable half the regular times/once per day.

Tyrannical Critical: Choose one of your Tyrant Weapons. Its Critical Range is always considered 1 higher. This stacks with other Feats or Enhancements that provide a Bonus to a weapons crit range.

Tyrants devastating Weapon*: Both the Crit Range and Multiplier of the above chosen weapon increase by 1.

Tyrants Skin: You gain DR 3/-

Greater Tyrants Skin*: your Damage Resistance increases by another 5 points.

Tyrants Focus: You gain SR +5.

Greater Tyrants Focus*: You gain another +5 to Spell Resistance. You also reroll all Saves against Illusion Spells and use the better of the 2 results.

Tyrants Power: Add +2 to any one Attribute.

Greater Tyrants Power*: Add another +2 to the above attribute. You may reroll 3 rolls involving this attribute per Day.

Tyrants Protection: Add +3 to a single or +1 to all Saves (cannot be combined, but the same feat can stack once).

Greater Tyrants Protection: Add +2 to all Saves. Once per day for every 5 Tyrant Levels you may reroll a save and take the better result.

„Mind“ Feats: lesser Tyrannical Feats, only one (befitting the Archetype) can be chosen.

Tyrannical Mind: You add your Intelligence Bonus (if any) to your attack Rolls and your Initiative.

Overlords Mind: (Overlords only) You add your Intelligence Bonus to your SLA- DC`s and Reflex Save.

Conquerors Mind: (Conquerors only) You add your Intelligence Bonus to your Dodge AC and Spell Resistance.

Archetypes:

While the Tyrant encompasses a lot, there is room for more focussed Tyrants, namely the Overlord and the Conqueror

The Conqueror: Tyrants conquer and Rule, Conquerors far prefer the former.
More direct, less magical, and much more martial than their "Father-Class" these are the Tyrannical Warriors of Legend.

Changes to "Base Tyrant":

D12 Hit Die,
Full BAB,

at Level 3 start being considered an initiator. Start with 2 Maneuvres and one Stance (if PF: Allowed Schools Scarlet Throne and Black Seraph, if D&D3.5 allowed Schools Iron Heart and Stone Dragon)
(Still working on the exact progression, only start and finish for now)

At Level 20: PF: 11 M, 3 Stances
D&D 3.5: 8 M, 3 Stances

Spell-likes: Only gains 4 Spellike Abilities in total (Gains cause Fear at Level 1, which automatically upgrades to Scare at Level 10 (with the same modifications as the original Tyrant!), in addition he gains Doom at Level 4 (becoming at Will at Level 8) Fireball at Level 12 and Tyrannic Malice at 14.

Gains: Proficiency Fullblade or Giant Maul (3d6, Crushing/Piercing 20-20*3, requires Str. 17)

Gains at Level (instead of Tyrants !)

L4(Instead of SLA`s) gains: Heavy Blow:

L6: Conquerors Strike (instead of additional SLA`s)

L 10: Does not gain Suggestion, instead gains Conquerors Arms

L 13: Tyrannical Force:

L16: Conquerors Stamina: Gains Regeneration 1 and immunity to Fear Effects in addition to any Fast healing as long as HP are below 50%

L 18: All Conquering:

Heavy Blow: All your attacks count as if the Weapon was one size category larger

Conquerors Strike: Starting at Level 6 may focus all his Tyrannical Might into a full attack (or Single attack).
Full Attack: ignores any and all DR less than the Conquerors Level.
Single attack: as above, also automatically confirms all Critical Hits and assumes all rolled Values if critted as full.
This can be done a total number of times/day equal to 2+Intelligence Modifier.

Conquerors Arms: Choose one: May wield two handed weapons of his size category in one hand without maluses OR may wield Weapons one Size category larger than normal with 2 hands. Chooses each Morning.

Tyrannical Force: once per day per 5 Levels of Tyrant/Conqueror may summon up incredible Forces of Tyranny.
Effect: All Opponents within 60ft that can see him must make a Will Save vs. level+Str Mod. If they fail, they lose Tyrant level/3 Initiative and halve their movement Speed. If they roll a 1, they are incapable of anything but one move action/turn for 10 turns.
This effect lasts until he makes a Tyrannical Attack (see below) or 1 minute, whichever is lower.
Tyrannical Attack: Only possible while under the Effect of Tyrannical Force. Ends Tyrannical Force.
Deals 1d6 Damage/Level of Tyrant in a 60ft Arc. All Enemies damaged that way must make a fortitude Save vs. Level+Str Mod or be thrown to the ground and be paralyzed for 1d3 turns.

Conquerors Stamina: Gains Regeneration 1 and immunity to Fear Effects in addition to any Fast healing as long as HP are below 50%

All-Coonquering: ignores any and all nonepic magically caused SR, DR and Deflection AC when attacking in Melee/using his SLA`s. (Attention: natural/inborn SR/DR still apply if not overcome by Conqerors Strike, unless they are on objects).

The Overlord:

Loses: Tyrants Grasp, Skin of Authority, Indomitable Tyrant.

Gains „Overlords Lackeys“** at Levels 8, 14 and 20.

Gains one new Spellike Ability of the players choice (only Abjuration, Enchantment, necromancy and Evocation are allowed!, to be chosen from the Cleric or Wizard Lists) up to level 4 at Levels: 10, 13 and 16.

L11: Overlords Command: once per Day per point of Intelligence Bonus you may issue a semi-supernatural order.
All lawful Beings that are not your mortal Enemies must comply immediately. This works even if they are immune to Enchantment, but not if they are immune to Mind affecting effects. Mortal Enemies and Neutral Beings may make a Will save vs. Your Level+your Intelligence Modifier. If they pass they become immune to this ability for 1 full day. The Command cannot be suicide, go agains the single thing the Target values most in the world, or anything that requires more than a week to execute, otherwise everything is fair game.
Chaotic Beings are immune to the Command due to their inherent Chaos, but the Clash of Order and Chaos applies a Malus of -2 to all their rolls for 10 turns.

L 12: Overlords Survival Instincts: Once per week when facing death through Damage, you may fake your death (as long as your killer is neither a Tyrant himself nor scries if you are really dead this works perfectly). You regain consciousness 1d6 hours after your „death“ and are still in possesion of all „important“ equipment (this does not count Scrolls, Potions, Wands etc, only non-consumeables you have had for at least one full level). If your killers looted you they only got „replicas“ of the stuff.

**: Must choose the „Minions“ Form of Leadership. Each time must choose all his minions to be of the same type, with the same skillset, attributes etc.
All are always ½ the Overlords level. All have the same Skills and equipment (minor adjustments may be made ith the DM`s discretion)

Available Types:

Horde: Barbarians.
Guild: Rogues, includes contacts(Guild Hall)
Bodyguards: Fighters (with top of the Line Equipment)

The one at L20 adds:
Crusaders: Blackguards/Paladins of Tyranny
Coven: Warlocks/Avowed

{OOC}: Regarding the Charismancer I decided it needed more of an overhaul/redesign than I wanted, which will take a while. I have NOT forgotten it! :) {/OOC]

aimlessPolymath
2017-03-27, 01:46 AM
Alright, good to see the complete class.

Formatting is much better than the Charismancer- I appreciate the work!

Chassis:
Strong hit dice.
Skills:
This is a fairly skilled class, at a bard's level! Despite that, though, it doesn't have a wide skill list. Notable omissions are Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Ride(it has Handle Animal), Linguistics (arguably), Perform(Oratory).

Weapon and Armor Prof:
Any and all armors is redundant- just say L/M/H. It's generally assumed that those apply to future armors of the same kind.
I might just let them pick any two martial or exotic weapons to be their Signature Weapons- there isn't a lot gained from specifying it, and it makes the class more future-compatible.

Saves: Fort and Will. Makes sense.
BAB: Average??? Need some clarification on this, please.

Level 1:
Armored Lord: A simple heavy armor specialization. Looks fine.
Tyrant's Aspiration: Subordinates are worse at fooling you? Makes sense. It's got some level of definition for who is subordinate to you, which is good- if you have other abilities which reference this, you might want to pull it out into its own class feature. That said, this isn't the best first level ability- at that point, you're just starting out. I'd suggest an ability to help the Tyrant start to build their kingdom in the first place- example:
"No Equal: A Tyrant admits no peer- only those weaker than them, who they will dominate, and those stronger than them, who they will destroy. They gain a +X bonus to Intimidate checks against creatures with equal or less HD than them, and a +X bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures with as many or more HD than them."
Result: A minor damage bonus at low levels, which naturally evolves into an improved ability to dominate those weaker than them.
Also note that both bonuses are active against creatures with the same HD- this is intentional, and is a play on the name of the class feature- it's especially good against "equals" of the Tyrant. This is especially relevant at level 1, where you're better at bullying peasants into obeying you.

Level 2: Make the SLAs into explicit class features, maybe. Note that each SLA is usable 3x per day. Options look good- removal and debuffs.
Bonus feats are nice- I'll review the options later.

Level 3:
Tyrannical Weaponry: Wording is unnecessarily awkward, and possibly confusing. I'd change it to explicitly giving him the feats:
"At level three, the Tyrant gains the Weapon Focus feat twice, applying it to his Signature Weapons. At level five, he gains the same, but for Weapon Specialization, ignoring its prerequisites. At level nine, he gains this benefit again, but for Greater Weapon Focus. At level 13, he gains this benefit again, but for Greater Weapon Specialization."
It also prevents confusion about what "counts" as part of the tree.

Tyrant's Will: Very thematic! Needs to clarify what effects the save bonus applies to- I suggest compulsion effects.

Level 4:
Tyrants pride: Again, a thematic ability. Needs to define "under their rule" consistently with Tyrant's Aspiration- I suggest pulling the definition into a separate class feature. "to avoid being recognized" is somewhat unclear wording.
SLAs need to be their own class feature. The picks of this level have significant overlap- I might separate them into two groups (pick one from: Misdirection and Nondetection, one from: Detect Anxieties and Detect Desires).

L5:
Bonus feat.
Destroy the Weak doesn't work well at this level- you're unlikely to have high enough numerical values that it will come up, even against peasants. Move it.

L6:
Fireball is a good staple blasting spell, although it makes relatively little sense on this class. Hypnotism makes much more sense, but the HD limitation makes it relatively weak at this level.
Perogative is a handy power to have- it's usable for attack or defense, and against various groups of enemies. Do note that "chaos" isn't a valid bane target, and should be removed as an example.

7:
Bonus feat is good, but this level unnecessarily buffs the SLAs in an uninteresting way. Most of your SLAs except for Fireball (which doesn't fit well) don't strongly benefit from extra uses.
Also, is english your second language? The quotes around "your highest ability mod" aren't standard.
As an alternative which has somewhat more interesting decisions involved, what do you think about one of the following options:
-The Tyrant picks a particular SLA, increasing its uses per day and save DC. This turns this ability into a specialist option, letting the Tyrant be much better at one thing.
-The Tyrant picks a metamagic feat with a +1 modifier, gaining the ability to apply it a few times per day to a spell-like ability.

More generally, to reduce the amount of ability tracking involved in the class, what do you think of merging the ability uses per day into a single power?
Tyrant's Will: The Tyrant has a pool of power, containing a number of uses equal to 3 + his highest ability score modifier. By expending a single use from the pool, the Tyrant can replicate the effect of a particular spell. At 2nd level, the Tyrant can replicate cause fear and bane. At Xth level, X.

L8:
It's a very nice defensive trick to start off the fight, mitigating ambushes and letting the Tyrant stride through armies easily. I like it! It should probably include energy resistance, though.

L9:
"Major" bonus feat? Gonna need to look at them later.
Blaze of Glory:
Very nice. Emplazon Crest is nice, but the direction of the saving throw bonus is odd- I would expect a Tyrant to be able to fight regardless of the presence or absence of his followers. Gonna need a line of fluff to explain it. Also, third mention of subordinates- definitely needs definition.

Finally, repeated typo: It's "Tyrant's" instead of "Tyrants" when you are referring to something the Tyrant possesses. Ctrl+F should take care of it.

{OOC}: Regarding the Charismancer I decided it needed more of an overhaul/redesign than I wanted, which will take a while. I have NOT forgotten it! :) {/OOC]
You don't need to call it OOC. We aren't RPing. Thanks for the heads-up, though!

GrayDeath
2017-03-27, 02:13 PM
Alright, good to see the complete class.

Formatting is much better than the Charismancer- I appreciate the work!

Chassis:
Strong hit dice.
Skills:
This is a fairly skilled class, at a bard's level! Despite that, though, it doesn't have a wide skill list. Notable omissions are Sense Motive, Diplomacy, Ride(it has Handle Animal), Linguistics (arguably), Perform(Oratory).

Weapon and Armor Prof:
Any and all armors is redundant- just say L/M/H. It's generally assumed that those apply to future armors of the same kind.
I might just let them pick any two martial or exotic weapons to be their Signature Weapons- there isn't a lot gained from specifying it, and it makes the class more future-compatible.

Saves: Fort and Will. Makes sense.
BAB: Average??? Need some clarification on this, please.

Regarding the Skillpts: its mainly aimed at PF and there a +4 is the minimum for any class even remotely `skilled´.
But yes, adding Ride and Sense Motive seems like a good idea. Perform Oratory....hmmm, didn`t think of it, but it doesn`t fit badly.

As for the medium BAB: I needed a real advantage for the Conqueror aside from ToB/PoW Stuff.
If it shows that he`s not too shabby/I find another way to boost him, I will likely set all of hem, with the maybe exception of the overlord, to full bab.

Level 1:
Armored Lord: A simple heavy armor specialization. Looks fine.
Tyrant's Aspiration: Subordinates are worse at fooling you? Makes sense. It's got some level of definition for who is subordinate to you, which is good- if you have other abilities which reference this, you might want to pull it out into its own class feature. That said, this isn't the best first level ability- at that point, you're just starting out. I'd suggest an ability to help the Tyrant start to build their kingdom in the first place- example:
"No Equal: A Tyrant admits no peer- only those weaker than them, who they will dominate, and those stronger than them, who they will destroy. They gain a +X bonus to Intimidate checks against creatures with equal or less HD than them, and a +X bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures with as many or more HD than them."
Result: A minor damage bonus at low levels, which naturally evolves into an improved ability to dominate those weaker than them.
Also note that both bonuses are active against creatures with the same HD- this is intentional, and is a play on the name of the class feature- it's especially good against "equals" of the Tyrant. This is especially relevant at level 1, where you're better at bullying peasants into obeying you.

An interesting alternative.

I know Tyrants Aspiration isn`t that good as a first level ability, so I`ll probably set it as sixth as replacement for Destroy the weak and go with your version as Level one.

Very good suggestion, thanks!

Level 2: Make the SLAs into explicit class features, maybe. Note that each SLA is usable 3x per day. Options look good- removal and debuffs.
Bonus feats are nice- I'll review the options later.

Level 3:
Tyrannical Weaponry: Wording is unnecessarily awkward, and possibly confusing. I'd change it to explicitly giving him the feats:
"At level three, the Tyrant gains the Weapon Focus feat twice, applying it to his Signature Weapons. At level five, he gains the same, but for Weapon Specialization, ignoring its prerequisites. At level nine, he gains this benefit again, but for Greater Weapon Focus. At level 13, he gains this benefit again, but for Greater Weapon Specialization."
It also prevents confusion about what "counts" as part of the tree.

Consider it done. Much clearer indeed.

Tyrant's Will: Very thematic! Needs to clarify what effects the save bonus applies to- I suggest compulsion effects.

Level 4:
Tyrants pride: Again, a thematic ability. Needs to define "under their rule" consistently with Tyrant's Aspiration- I suggest pulling the definition into a separate class feature. "to avoid being recognized" is somewhat unclear wording.
SLAs need to be their own class feature. The picks of this level have significant overlap- I might separate them into two groups (pick one from: Misdirection and Nondetection, one from: Detect Anxieties and Detect Desires).

Both very good suggestions, thank you.

Will be implemented.

L5:
Bonus feat.
Destroy the Weak doesn't work well at this level- you're unlikely to have high enough numerical values that it will come up, even against peasants. Move it.

L6:
Fireball is a good staple blasting spell, although it makes relatively little sense on this class. Hypnotism makes much more sense, but the HD limitation makes it relatively weak at this level.
Perogative is a handy power to have- it's usable for attack or defense, and against various groups of enemies. Do note that "chaos" isn't a valid bane target, and should be removed as an example.

To be honest, he only gets Fireball because of the Overlord Game. ;)

And youa re correct regarding destroy the Weak, will likely move it to around Level 10/12ish

7:
Bonus feat is good, but this level unnecessarily buffs the SLAs in an uninteresting way. Most of your SLAs except for Fireball (which doesn't fit well) don't strongly benefit from extra uses.
Also, is english your second language? The quotes around "your highest ability mod" aren't standard.
As an alternative which has somewhat more interesting decisions involved, what do you think about one of the following options:
-The Tyrant picks a particular SLA, increasing its uses per day and save DC. This turns this ability into a specialist option, letting the Tyrant be much better at one thing.
-The Tyrant picks a metamagic feat with a +1 modifier, gaining the ability to apply it a few times per day to a spell-like ability.

More generally, to reduce the amount of ability tracking involved in the class, what do you think of merging the ability uses per day into a single power?
Tyrant's Will: The Tyrant has a pool of power, containing a number of uses equal to 3 + his highest ability score modifier. By expending a single use from the pool, the Tyrant can replicate the effect of a particular spell. At 2nd level, the Tyrant can replicate cause fear and bane. At Xth level, X.

THAT is a good idea!

I`ll likely give the Overlord a massive bonus in the amount (say double) and be done with it. Together with giving the SLA`s a nice total Class Feature setup this will simplify a LOT. :)

And no, English is not my first language, though I tend to delude myself that it`s not easy to notice. ;)

L8:
It's a very nice defensive trick to start off the fight, mitigating ambushes and letting the Tyrant stride through armies easily. I like it! It should probably include energy resistance, though.

L9:
"Major" bonus feat? Gonna need to look at them later.
Blaze of Glory:
Very nice. Emplazon Crest is nice, but the direction of the saving throw bonus is odd- I would expect a Tyrant to be able to fight regardless of the presence or absence of his followers. Gonna need a line of fluff to explain it. Also, third mention of subordinates- definitely needs definition.

True, I will put up a general definition.

I thought about giving them bonuses instead, but it seemed less Tyrannical.....

Finally, repeated typo: It's "Tyrant's" instead of "Tyrants" when you are referring to something the Tyrant possesses. Ctrl+F should take care of it.

You don't need to call it OOC. We aren't RPing. Thanks for the heads-up, though!

Blame it on me being tired of apostrophes. :)

And doing far too many RPG`s.

GrayDeath
2017-04-01, 01:49 PM
Sooo....are you going to reply to the rest of the class as well?

Gonna implement many of your suggestions tomorrow, so the timing would be close to ideal for more feedback, ya know?

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-02, 08:02 PM
Ah, was expecting ongoing changes- waiting for you to make changes so I could respond to them before moving on.
Replies.

L10: I generally understand what you're going for, but this is sort of a stupidly good ability as-is, mixed with some blunt and ineffective limitations. The explosion thing seems like an extremely obvious but ineffective way to prevent gaining spellcasting followers. If you want them not to have casting companions, you can just say that spellcasting doesn't carry over outright. That said, this is still a stupidly good ability. Strictly speaking, a Tyrant is now strictly better than almost any other character of similar level, since they can have that character as a free companion, with additional special abilities from being a Wight.

Oh, and good SLAs.

11:
Tyrant level - 3 is an unnecessarily complicated number for this feature. I'm not sure where the -3 comes from, honestly. Subordinate mention again! Needs definition!

12:
I... what? Bizarre, and inexplicable- the Tyrant has no other alignment-related abilities, and in fact, has no ability to detect alignment in the first place. Remove the alignment things, maybe add Uncanny Dodge, and rename it to Always Wary- a Tyrant is always ready against assassins.

SLA is an SLA. A good one, too.

13:
Cut it to 1/day; it's pretty close as it is, "rounding normally" is used basically never, and it's not much of an upgrade. Also, drop it to regular Invisibility; if you do, it fits pretty well as a lower-level ability (maybe swapped with Destroy the Weak?)

14:
The spell doesn't mention exceptions- given that I forgot it exists and it's noncore, perhaps converting it into a class feature with the same effect makes sense?

Fast healing is nice but odd on a Tyrant. Feats are maybe good?

16:
No.
-While the immense number of uses of the SLAs mean that they're the next best thing to infinite, that doesn't mean you can make them actually infinite. The SLAs I'm worried about here are Suggestion and Fireball- the first becomes near-infinite mind-control, and the second becomes effective artillery- not fantastic artillery, admittedly, but still. The Tyrannical SLA/Greater Tyrannical SLA feats, combined with this, take balance and break it over their knee.
-Free, undefined metamagic is pretty silly, although not as bad.

17:
Indomitable Tyrant:
For some reason, I thought this was a Charisma-based class. Whoops. Powerful defenses here, especially Int-to-AC on top of heavy armor proficiency; the difference between a level 16 and a level 17 Tyrant is actually quite a large one- spells no longer function, most attacks will fail on a regular basis, etc.
Tyrant's Call also:
Boo, irrevocably changing alignment! Wizards can summon and bind devils without changing alignment, why can't the Tyrant?
Also, duration overlap: intentional? This is probably too good, tbh: note that 12 CR n-2 devils are a n+7ish encounter, which is more than the Tyrant.

18:
SR is honestly redundant after that massive save bonus. Do you mean linear stacking? That would be insane, nearly spell immunity on a race. Virtually all approaches to easily fighting the Tyrant would be effectively nullified- most no-SR spells have saves or attack rolls, and vice versa. This is too much power to pack into two consecutive levels, IMO- it also pushes parties towards cheesy spells and tactics to bypass those things.

19: Sure? You're already immune thanks to your stupid saving throws and SR, honestly.

20: Looks more like notes than a class feature, really.

Verdict: Levels 10-15 are pretty much fine, but the 16-18 range is a huge amount of power packed into a small range, with little strong connection to fluff to back it up. Most of them look like generic "power" features designed to add durability or give more of what it already has, with little interactivity or interesting-ness attached to it (other than devil summoning).

Thoughts:
16-18 needs the greatest overhaul, really.
16: This looks like a rather boring magic-enhancing power. I'd repeat the "specialization" which I suggested for L7, with an addendum- the spell you chose for L7 now no longer takes uses of Tyrant's Will to use.
17: Devil-summons are nice, just limit it to one at a time, making it a "lieutenant" devil of similar power to a cohort. Change the defensive buff: instead, they have a pool of power which refreshes daily, with a size of (level) x (highest mental ability mod). Then, they spend points from the pool to increase a save or AC for one round. This makes it closer to a expendable pool, converting the defense into one which must be exhausted after an extended battle rather than one which must be "dodged" in some way by abusing tricks.
18: This is a whole lot of SR. Take out the stacking and you're probably OK, though.

GrayDeath
2017-04-03, 05:06 AM
Lots of work today, thanks for the feedback, gonna give it an in depth read later.
Looks like one of my worries was justified, and I missed a big problem.

Nothing particular to say about the archetypes?
Just asking as it'll be a few days until I can in all likeliness implement changes....

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-03, 12:48 PM
I'll hit up the archetypes fully after you edit the base class. Would like to see what I'm comparing them against, as well as more about their intended roles, how they are supposed to function.
Quick thoughts on them: The Conqueror looks like a initiating version of the Tyrant, but with some random class feature cruft tacked on.
Overlord looks like two archetypes in one- a superior caster, and a leader. Suggest splitting it up.
Both look like they have random cruft tacked on- I could see Overlord's Survival Instincts as a feat or base class feature, for example, and Tyrannical Force looks like a custom maneuver or a base class feature.

Not doing a balance review until the base class is revised. I will say that most archetypes describe the replaced features as part of their class feature description- while it does make it hard to identify what features are replaced, this does have the strong advantage that it's easy to compare balance- look at what features are replaced with what, and consider equivalence.

Might do Tyrant feats, but on a first glance, I don't like any of them except for the SLA ones- they all just look like boring "more numbers" feats, really. Don't care enough about them to review them- they're probably powerful, but not interesting.

Update:
I looked at Tyrant feats.
I hate all of them except for the SLA ones.
They're strictly better than normal feats in virtually all cases, which means that the natural choice is to take them instead of other feats- which means that most Tyrants will be extremely similar and not as interesting. If you want them to represent the Tyrant being somewhat better, then sure- just don't go through the medium of feats to do so.
I don't really see that the Tyrant should get these ultrafeats, though. There's no reason to make them better in that way where other classes don't get similar abilities. Why should the class have more DR than a Barbarian, or have the saving throws of a Paladin, or be more accurate than a Fighter (Tyrannical Mind)? Most of the feats fall into the general category of bigger numbers, but not only are the bonuses relatively boring, they don't seem like something the Tyrant should have.

A thought about Blaze of Glory- what do you think about granting the Diehard feat to minions as a buff instead of getting a save bonus? It makes more intuitive sense- the Tyrant literally works his soldiers to death; the only excuse for failure is death; etc.

I will say that it's somewhat frustrating for me as a reviewer when you say you'll implement changes, then don't, then ask for more feedback.

GrayDeath
2017-04-07, 12:04 PM
Sorry, but I waited for the full review before doing anything,a fter all as for example Avoid the Strong and Destryoy the weak show often switching Abilities out is a simpler solution than tweaking anything, then when you review later levels redoing them again.

I will have time this weekend or easter at the latest to do the full rework, but for now the 2 largest points of your last review:

Tyrannical Feats are supposed to be better than regular ones (not hard given many many feats are simply crap^^), but you are also correct in that right now they are too good.

Each feat will have an attached drawback later on.

As for the archetypes: they DO describe which features they replace. To be honest I dont quite get that part of your feedback.

Gotta go back to work soonish, thank you for your time, and lets see what I can implement/change as soon as I have some uninterrupted PC time. :)

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-07, 03:49 PM
Er, that is, instead of an archetype being formatted as

(stuff they don't get)

(stuff they get)

(description of stuff they get)

they're usually formatted as

(general description of the archetype)

(ability 1: This ability replaces/modifies ability A. Starting at level X (usually, but not always, the same level that the base class would get ability A), members of this archetype get X)

(ability 2: ....)

This is more of a formatting complaint, I admit. However, it's very useful when evaluating balance.

For example, a quick reformat of Conqueror, basically copy-and-pasting stuff around (has terrible grammar- DO NOT USE THIS EXAMPLE):

Chassis: A Conqueror has full BAB and a d12 hit die. Furthermore, they are proficient in the Fullblade and Giant Maul, though they suffer penalties as normal if they do not have the required Strength.

Spell-like abilities: Unlike a full Tyrant, a Conqueror learns far less versatile spells. The only spells they learn are cause fear, scare, fireball, and tyrannic malice. Furthermore, they learn Cause Fear at level 1 instead of 2, and learn Doom at level 4, and Will at level 8. This modifies Spell-like Abilities at level 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10.

To be honest, this part is partially redundant, and isn't as important to my point.

Martial Initiating: Beginning at level 3, a Conqueror becomes a martial initiator. This has effects.

Heavy Blow: Beginning at level 4, All your attacks count as if the Weapon was one size category larger. This replaces the SLAs that would be learned at level 4.

Conqueror's Strike: Beginning at level 6, may focus all his Tyrannical Might into a full attack (or Single attack).
Full Attack: ignores any and all DR less than the Conquerors Level.
Single attack: as above, also automatically confirms all Critical Hits and assumes all rolled Values if critted as full.
This can be done a total number of times/day equal to 2+Intelligence Modifier.
This replaces the additional uses of SLAs that would be gained at level 6.

Conqueror's Arms: At level 10, Choose one: May wield two handed weapons of his size category in one hand without maluses OR may wield Weapons one Size category larger than normal with 2 hands. Chooses each Morning. This replaces learning Suggestion.

Tyrannical Force: At level 13, once per day per 5 Levels of Tyrant/Conqueror may summon up incredible Forces of Tyranny.
Effect: All Opponents within 60ft that can see him must make a Will Save vs. level+Str Mod. If they fail, they lose Tyrant level/3 Initiative and halve their movement Speed. If they roll a 1, they are incapable of anything but one move action/turn for 10 turns.
This effect lasts until he makes a Tyrannical Attack (see below) or 1 minute, whichever is lower.
Tyrannical Attack: Only possible while under the Effect of Tyrannical Force. Ends Tyrannical Force.
Deals 1d6 Damage/Level of Tyrant in a 60ft Arc. All Enemies damaged that way must make a fortitude Save vs. Level+Str Mod or be thrown to the ground and be paralyzed for 1d3 turns.

Conquerors Stamina: At level 16, the Conqueror Gains Regeneration 1 and immunity to Fear Effects in addition to any Fast healing as long as HP are below 50%.

All-Coonquering: At level 18, the Conqueror ignores any and all nonepic magically caused SR, DR and Deflection AC when attacking in Melee/using his SLA`s. (Attention: natural/inborn SR/DR still apply if not overcome by Conqerors Strike, unless they are on objects).

What did I see, just from including the line "this ability replaces X" at the end of each ability?
Well. The big one is that the stuff you get and the stuff you lose doesn't line up right.
You get stuff without losing it at several levels (example: 1, 3, 8, 13, 16, 18), making these levels significantly better. Also, it looks (just from the numbers involved) like the Conqueror gets a whole lot more than he gives up. Starting at level 11, there's practically nothing given up as he progresses, but a significant amount of stuff that he gets. That's not good balance- the Conqueror ends up with more stuff than the base Tyrant. (of course, I'm not looking at whether those things are good- but you don't lose much out of taking it, and at minimum, martial maneuvers make up for most of the difference).

Furthermore, I can do an apples-to-apples comparison.
For example, is level 10 really a fair trade? You're giving up suggestion, a highly versatile spell, for a little extra damage. It probably isn't a good trade. While you could argue that bad trades like that balance it out, that's not a strong argument; giving up power at one level in exchange for more power at a different level is just bad balance, because you end up with an unbalanced party at all levels (character feels sad because they lose power, then he overshadows everyone and makes other people sad). It's even bad on NPCs, because it makes it way harder to evaluate CRs.

My problem with the feats isn't just that they're too good- though they are. It's also that they're too good in a boring way. Feats should be a way of customizing your character, not just adding more numbers. If anything, I could see the level 10 ability, tweaked, as a Tyrant feat- it's a really neat power which shapes how the character approaches army-building, but at the same time, it's not something every single Tyrant can or should do.

GrayDeath
2017-12-14, 02:00 PM
It took me ages to find both time and motivation for this, but here we go!

This is the finished Alpha Version. Before I put it up for PEACHing, I thought lets give it a last check up. :)

The Tyrant - Alpha

(This class is mainly focused on pathfinder, if using it with 3.5 instead of 3.x, reduce the Skillpts/Level by 2 and adjust the Class Skills and Spells for his SLA`s)

Tyrants are omnipresent. They have been for as long as history goes back.
Strong Men and Women driven to rule over others, crushing everything in their path to rulership, establishing (or taking over) Realms and ruling them with an iron fist.

While others might desire Power to better the world to take vengeance, or simply for Power sake, Tyrants seek power to Rule over Others. To Defy Beings wanting to Command THEM. To be „the one on Top“.

Tyrants make excellent Villains, but in Evil Groups they also make excellent Leaders, combining a good amount of Power and Focus with the ability to shrug off a lot of the things coming their way and some small magical ability. Due to this they make both excellent Group leaders as well as good main melee fighters and Faces.

Basics:

Hitdie: D10. Tyrants are tough (in case of the Conqueror, see Archetypes, even moreso).
BAB: High

Saves: Fortitude and Will High, Reflex Low. Tyrants are tough of Body and will, but not really all that quick.

Skillpts/Level: 6+Int Modifier. Tyrants are keen of Mind and powerful of Intelligence.

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (History, Dungeoneering, Arcane, Nobility), Linguistics, Perception, Perform (oratory)Ride, Sense Motive

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: Tyrants are Proficient with any and all Armors, even if they have not yet been invented when the Tyrant became a Tyrant, all Shields except Towershields, all Simple Weapons and 2 of the Following (these are considered his Signature Weapons, see descriptions for explanation): Bastard Sword, Greatsword, heavy Mace, 2handed Warhammer, Scythe, Whip.

Alignment: In Settings with strict cosmic alignment Rules, Tyrants are always Lawful Evil.
In Settings with existing cosmic alignment rules, but less strict enforcements (say Eberron) Tyrants are Lawful Evil or within one Setp of it (ergo lawful neutral or Neutral Evil are allowed).

Important Statistics: Tyrants need to be tough and stand their ground in Melee, resist Assassination attempts, and plan well. Therefore Strength, Constitution and Intelligence are their important Stats.
They substitute Fear for appeasement and hence dont need Charisma, they are usually not very wise and perceptive, and their predisposition for the heaviest Armor makes Dexterity less than useful.

Adventurig Hints: Tyrants work well in every party that fighs Chaos be it defending Civilization, fighting demons or "the Wyld".
Otherwise they make excellent leaders of Evil parties and amazing "Big Bads".

CThe Tyrant

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

1st

+1

+2

+0

+2
Armored Lord, No Equal

2nd

+2

+3

+0

+3
Choose Bonus Feat from the List, Gain Cause Fear and Bane as SLA

3rd

+3

+3

+1

+3
Tyrants Will, Tyrannical Weapons

4th

+4

+4

+1

+4
Choose 2 of the following: Misdirection, Nondetection, Detect Anxiety and Detect Desires, Tyrants Pride

5th

+5

+4

+1

+4
Avoid the Strong, Choose one Bonus Feat

6th

+6/+1

+5

+2

+5
Tyrants Prerogative
Gain Hypnotism and Fireball as SLA

7th

+7/+2

+5

+2

+5
Tyrants Aspiration, Choose one Bonus Feat.

8th

+8/+3

+6

+2

+6
Tyrannical Ego, SLA Metamagic

9th

+9/+4

+6

+3

+6
Choose one Tyrannical Feat (See List) OR one Bonus Feat of choice,Blaze of Glory

10th

+10/+5

+7

+3

+7
Tyrants Grasp. Gains Scare (replaces Cause Fear, works with all Beings of Less HD than Tyrant) and Suggestion as SLA`s.

11th

+11/+6/+1

+7

+3

+7
Skin of Authority

12th

+12/+7/+2

+8

+4

+8
Tyrants Glare

13th

+13/+8/+3

+8

+4

+8
Destroy the Weak

14th

+14/+9/+4

+9

+4

+9
Tyrannical Malice

15th

+15/+10/+5

+9

+5

+9
Choose one Bonus Feat or Tyrannical Feat. Gain Fast Healing 5

16th

+16/+11/+6/+1

+10

+5

+10
Eldritch Tyrant

17th

+17/+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10
Indomitable Tyrant Tyrants Call

18th

+18/+13/+8/+3

+11

+6

+11
Choose one Bonus Feat, Tyrants Resistance

19th

+19/+14/+9/+4

+6

+11
Tyranny is Eternal

20th

+20/+15/+10/+5

+12

+6

+12
Tyrants Realm, Choose one Bonus Feat or Tyrannical Feat

SLA`s: The Tyrant gains the use of a medium number of SLA´s during his growth. To use any of these, he has to spend one point of Dominion per Usage.

Dominion: A Tyrant has a base pool of 2+"natural Intelligence Bonus"+ 1/2 Level in Tyrant of these points. For each Tyrannical feat he chooses, he gains another 3.
These points regenerate as follows:
1.: Rest: Every 8 hours rest regenerate 1d6+Intelligence Mod+1/4th of Lvel in Tyrant.
2.: Conquering others: Every time the Tyrant slays an enemy, he regenerates one point. Every time an enemy surrenders to the tyrant, he regains 3 points.

Subordinates: All beings that are either knowingly living in the Tyrants Realm, serve(d) in his army, or have ever sworn any oath to him are considered his Subordinates.

Special Abilities:

Armored Lord: Starting at level 1 Tyrants wear heavy armor almost all day. This causes heavy Armor to have the following bonuses when worn by them:
+1 Armor Class, -1 Armor Penalty. This increases to +2/-2 at Level 11 and to +3/-3 at Level 20

No Equal: A Tyrant has no Equals, only Underlings to lord over, and Nemeses to crush. Starting at Level 1, a Tyrant gains a Bonus of 1+1/4 his Level in Tyrant to all Intimidate Rolls agains Beings with the same or lower number of HD, and a Bonus of 1+1/4 Level in Tyrant to Weapon Base Damage against all Beings with an equal or greater number of HD.

Tyrannical Weapons: At level three, the Tyrant gains the Weapon Focus feat twice, applying it to his Signature Weapons. At level five, he gains the same, but for Weapon Specialization, ignoring its prerequisites. At level nine, he gains this benefit again, but for Greater Weapon Focus. At level 13, he gains this benefit again, but for Greater Weapon Specialization.

Tyrants Will: starting at Level 3 a Tyrant becomes even more centered on his own plans, and very difficult to influence magically. Add 2+Level in Tyrant/3 to all Saves vs. Compulsions (language Based only), and add the same amount of damage to all Attacks made against beings that gave the tyrant an order within the last 5 minutes (multiple Orders do not stack for this effect!).
At reaching Level 14 a Tyrant becomes immune to any and all Compulsion effects, and instead applies the aforementioned bonus against all Spells of the Enchantment School and all Mind affecting Effects.

Tyrants Pride: Tyrants desire Power over others more than anything else, and their Pride is both their strength and their Weakness. Starting at Level 4 they add Levels in Tyrant/2 to Concentration rolls and Intimidate rolls made against Subordinates or of lesser Power (ergo below their level), but subtract Level/3 from any Bluff and Disguise Rolls to avoid being recognized as who and what they are, (unless their form is altered via Magic, then they only subtract a total of 2 pts).

Avoid the Strong: Starting at Level 5 The Tyrant becomes able to survive battles he cannot win by fleeing with supernatural acumen. He may simultaneously invoke versions of Invisibility and Expeditious Retreat (both with a duration of 1 Minute) as a Move Action.
This ability can only be used if the Tyrants HP are below 33% or he is suffering from at least 3 negative Condistions (examples include, but are not limited to, Level Drain, Attribute Damage, Attribute Drain, Fear Effects and so on).

Tyrants Prerogative: Starting at Level 6 the Tyrant can imbue his Weapons and Armor with Malice and DIsdain. Once per Day/5 Lvels of Tyrant he may apply Bane X to his weapon (Duration 1 hour, Examples: Bane Humans, Elves, Outsiders, etc) or „Protection vs Good or Chaos“ to his Armor (same Duration).

Tyrants Aspiration: Starting at Level 7 a Tyrants Dedication to Ruling makes him near omnipresent regarding his subordinates.
All Subordinates (eg people knowingly living in his realm, everybody in his army, and all beings that ever swore an oath to him) have their Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise and Gather Information Rolls against the Tyrant reduced by 3.
This modification increases to -5 at Level 9, and when reaching Level 12 a Tyrant is automatically aware of and ignores all such attempts. At reaching Level 19 a Tyrant always knows what his underlings intended with their attempts (this is a supernatural Ability that can effectively be blocked by Mind Blank, but the Tyrant immediately notices if an underling becomes blanked" and has at least a vague impression of why, if the underling knew).

Tyrannical Ego: Starting at Level 8, the Tyrants Ego becomes his protection. While at full health, he gains DR 5+Level in Tyrant/2. This stacks with Damage Resistance obtained via other means.

SLA Metamagic: Starting at Level 8, the Tyrant may apply any Metamagic up to +2 to his SLA`s. This increases the cost to use that SLA by 1 Dominion point for +1 and by another 2 points for +2 (so an empowered Fireball would cost 4 points, a Silent Nondetection 2).

Blaze of Glory: At Level 9 the Tyrants Ego and Aura combine. He is always considered under the Effects of Emblazon Crest. In addition, if at least 10 of his underlings/Subordinates/etc are within 200ft and can clearly see him, he gains +2 to all saves.

Tyrants Grasp: At Level 10 the Tyrants ability to command becomes able to supress death.
Immediately after the death of an Enemy he killed himself (dealing the Killing bloaw, as in an execution, at the least), he can touch the Corpse to raise it as a
Wight (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/wight/).
Aside from being unflinchingly loyal to the Tyrant, the former enemy keeps all his personality traits, knowlegde and abilities.
If this ability is used on an arcane Caster, the resulting Wight loses access to the two highest Spell levels he had before. Also from this point onward his spell progression is halved (as the spark of Individuality that birthed the power is gone).
If it is used on a Divine Caster, the result depends on the God of said Caster. Usually though Clerics lose access to their Spells and must change Gods, Favoured Souls suffer the same fate Arcane Casters do, and Paladins either keep their powers and try to redeem the tyrant, or commit suicide/fall.
The Tyrant can have one Wight under his Command for every full 7 levels he has in Tyrant.

Attention: in Games where Leadership and its Ilk are not allowed, replace this Ability with the Following:

Tyrants Body: The Tyrant has lived a life of harshness, to others and himself. This has caused his Body to become more than mortal.
He gains Fortification 50% and +2 to Strength, Constitution and Intelligence.

Skin of Authority: At Level 11 the Tyrant exudes such an aura of command that it becomes increasingly difficult to harm him. he gains DR 5/-, which increases to Tyrant Level against all Subordinates.

Tyrants Glare:A Tyrants Displeasure is a force of nature. Once per Day per 4 Levels of Tyrant they may use Mass Castigate (as the Spell) to any and all Subordinates within reach of the effect (this eclipses Mass Castigates normal maximum amount of targets).

Always wary: A Tyrant of this level has learned to ALWAYS be on his guard, and against just about everything. He gains the following benefits:
Improved Uncanny Dodge, only 25% Chance Miss Chance against invisible Enemies.

Destroy The Weak: Tyrant of 13th Level and above is exceptionally good at fighting his inferiors. If he could only miss an attack Roll or fail an Intimidate Attampt at a 1, he does not miss/Fail. If something could only hit or Intimidate him at a natural 20, it does not Work either.

Tyrannical Malice: At Level 14 the Tyrant gains an Ability equal to a Dragons Frightful presence (in his case the exceptions for the effects are: other Tyrants or beings of Lawful Evil Alignment above his level/HD). He can freely suppress it with a free action Concentration Check vs. 15+3 for every time he was insulted within the last hour.

Eldritch Tyrant: At Level 16 the Tyrants Innate Magical Abilites surge. The Tyrant may now freely (no cost in Tyranny points) apply up to +2 metamagic modifications on any of his SLA`s. If he does so however, he cannot cast any SLA`s in the following turn as his power needs to regenerate.

Indomitable Tyrant: At level 17 the Tyrants Mind becomes so strong it causes reality to bend to his advantage.
He adds his Intelligence Bonus to the players choice of the following (choose 1!): All Saves, Deflection AC, Initiative.

Tyrants Call: At Level 17 the Tyrants Aura of law and Evil are so strong, they can extend across the planar boarders and call a Devil from one of the Nine Hells. This was used to make a Deal with one of the Archdukes of Hell. Choose one Archduke. Once per Month the Tyrant can call in a single Devil of his choice (of a CR of maximum his Level-2) under that Archdukes command to serve him. This service will be executed in "good faith" and to the letter, as long as: it does not oppose Hell, does not take longer than 1 month and does not involve direct suicide.
Attention: This does irrevocably fix the Tyrants Alignment on Lawful Evil and makes it almost a surety that he will be sent to that Archdevils Hell after his demise.

Tyrants Resistance: At Level 18 the Tyrant gains SR of 10+his Level. This specifically stacks with Tyrants Focus, bot no other sources of SR!

Tyranny is Eternal: At Level 19 the Tyrant becomes immortal and unchanging. He does not age physically, and unless the source trying to age him is more epic/mythical than he, is immune to any effects that would age him. Mental aging still happens normally. In addition he is also completely immune to Instant Death and Polymorph Effects (this includes "friendly" polimorph effects unless he casts them himself!).

Tyrants Realm: At reaching Level 20 the Tyrant has completely understood the Concept of Tyranny. The realm he rules becomes an extraplanar "Pocket World", with only himself and people he allows it being able to enter/leave it at will (of course casters with Plane shift may land in it, but only the abovementioned can enter/exit at their leisure....).
Within his realm he has full control over Weather, Night/Day cycles and Gravity.
He can speed up/slow down time up to 50%.
If it was smaller, it increases in size to 1 Cubic mile for every Level in Tyrant.
Everyone dying within the Realm while he is within, he can bring back to life at will (either with the effects of Raise Dead or Reincarnate, at no additional costs to himself).

Bonus Feats: The Tyrant may choose either from any weapon related Bonus Feat (Profficiencies, Weapon Focus line, Improved Critical Line and so on) or the following List: Antagonize, Blood of Heroes(or villains...), Blustering Bluff, Blood Disciple, Combat Advice, Criminal Reputation, Cutting Humiliation, Destroy Identity, Divine Defiance, Divine Protection, Endure Pain, Fearsome Finish, Possessed Hand and its feat trees, Hero's Fortune, Heroic Defiance, Heroic Recovery, Hide-Out, Kinslayer, Luck of Heroes, Sycophant, Nerve-Racking Negotiator, Threatening Negotiator

Tyrannical Feats:

Attention, aside from the "Add SLA" Feat, only Tyrants can take these feats!
For every Tyrannical Feat after the first a Tyrant chooses, the starting Attitude of any being they meet that is not Lawful Evil, legitimately under the Tyrants Rule (see Subordinates) , or at least 5hd above the tyrant, is lowered by one down to hostile.
Tyrants do not need to take any of these feats, instead at every Level mentioning a Tyrannical feat, they may instead choose to take a regular Bonus feat.

Tyrannical SLA: Available for Tyrants starting at Level 8, for other Characters that are not casters at Level 10.
Choose one Spell of Level 3 or lower. You can now use it as your normal Tyrant SLA`s (Cost, Speed, etc)
Other Classes: 3 times/day.

Greater Tyrannical SLA: Requires 1 or more Tyrannical SLA`s. You may now choose a Spell of up to level 5, but using it always costs 2 Tyrannical Points.
Non-Tyrants: Use it once per day.

Tyrannical Critical: Choose one of your Tyrant Weapons. Its Critical Range is always considered 1 higher. This stacks with other Feats or Enhancements that provide a Bonus to a weapons crit range.

Tyrants devastating Weapon*: Requires Tyrannical Critical on the same Weapon. Both the Crit Range and Multiplier of the above chosen weapon increase by 1.

Tyrants Skin: You gain DR 3/-. This stacks with all other Tyrants Abilities that provide DR.

Greater Tyrants Skin*: your Damage Resistance/- increases by another 5 points.

Tyrants Focus: You gain SR +5. This explicitely stacks with Tyrants Resistance, but not with any other sources!

Tyrants Power: Add +2 to any one Attribute. May only be taken once.

Greater Tyrants Power*: Add another +2 to the above attribute. You may reroll 3 rolls involving this attribute per Day.

Tyrants Protection: Add +3 to a single or +1 to all Saves (cannot be combined, but the same feat can stack once).

Greater Tyrants Protection: Requires level 12. Add +2 to all Saves. Once per day for every 5 Tyrant Levels you may reroll a save and take the better result.

aimlessPolymath
2017-12-14, 05:17 PM
Hey hey hey! Good to see this is still going.

Gonna do a quick glance through; not going to do the full thing, but just the things that stick out to me.

Dominion should be in the main class description, just below the table; I missed it before. Ditto for subordinates & SLAs general info. Also, I'd just make it based on Intelligence bonus; the way Pathfinder separates out temporary vs. permanent bonuses to ability scores should handle most of the rest.
Making it only partially regenerate each day is unusual; it can extend the normal adventuring day unnecessarily,

On SLAs: You've combined two options to be tracked simultaneously- each SLA takes both a Dominion point and a use per day. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it pushes for using a variety of abilities over the day, while keeping a hold on the cap of abilities. On the other hand, two limits on the same ability is preeeetty awkward. (also, you change their name to Tyranny points elsewhere).

No problems with level 1 or 2.
Level 3:
Saves vs. orders is poorly defined. I'd adjust it to compulsions and language-dependent effects, just to better define it- that covers most relevant order-related spells, I think.
Tyrannical weapons is an extremely awkward way to give those benefits, IMO. I would just let the Tyrant get those feats as bonus feats normally, and let the Tyrant pick what he wants.

Avoid the Strong: I'm not a fan of how the level requirement to use it is structured. I'd rather that the Tyrant's pride only allows it if he's below 1/4 health- that way he can run away if the plucky adventuring party gains the upper hand.
Also, set it to constant uses/day. Maybe 1. Maybe 2. Not 1/10 levels, though.

Tyrant's Perogative: You got some grammar problems here.

Starting at Level 6 the Tyrant can imbue his Weapons and Armor with malice and disdain once per day per five Tyrant levels. When he does, he either applies the Bane quality to his weapon against a chosen type/subtype for the next hour, or gains the effects of protection from good or protection from chaos.

SLA metamagic feels unneeded, and I'm not a fan of the structure of Tyranny points on top of daily uses. I'd rather have it applied for free 3/day, or something.

Tyrant's Grasp: I like the idea (build your own quirky miniboss squad!), but the implementation feels off. First of all, link to the template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/wight/).
Second of all, the way it deals with magic feels weirdly arbitrary.
I would twiddle with that considerably. Perhaps all characters just lose half their spellcasting progression, or something? Arcane casters lose 2 levels of casting, and divine casters lose half and must change gods?
Everyone loses two levels, and can't be higher than 2 levels below the Tyrant at any point? I actually like that version the best, because it brings them in line with Cohorts.
Also, I think that the >50% damage thing is a rather bad idea, and I might change it to having the Tyrant get the killing blow. This way, there's less tension with party members mid-combat, and the Tyrant can do it with captured enemies more easily and with less tracking of who did what.

Skin of Authority: Level-4 scaling feels extremely wonky. I'd make it half level, full level, or something similar.

Always Wary: I think you have a typo... 225% is almost certainly not intended.

I like the way Eldritch Tyrant encourages mixing combat and magic. Very boss-fight-y.

Indomitable Tyrant is fine.

Not going over the Tyrant feats, since they're blatantly (and intentionally) better than the alternatives.

GrayDeath
2017-12-14, 05:40 PM
There is no X/day for the SA`s any longer. ;)

And the partial Regeneration for Dominon is intentional, Tyrants POwers thrive on Domination. he just needs to kill/dominate some more and he`s full" again. :)

Thanks for the other feedback, gonna do some rephrasing tomorriwsh. Tired.

aimlessPolymath
2017-12-14, 06:09 PM
You need to fix up the table then.

nonsi
2017-12-15, 12:34 AM

You need to specify what constitutes "full health".
If it means "no injury and no negative condition", then it's not worth much.

noob
2017-12-15, 03:44 AM
The concept is that it is supposed to protect the tyrant when he is at full health and with no negative conditions from the first attack.

nonsi
2017-12-15, 07:12 AM
The concept is that it is supposed to protect the tyrant when he is at full health and with no negative conditions from the first attack.

If your "chutzpah" shields you only until the first "b!tch slap" lands, then that's probably all you're worth - a "b!tch slap" :smallbiggrin:
The presumptuous title "Tyrant" dictates that he's supposed to be worth more than that.

noob
2017-12-15, 07:38 AM
Do not forgets it stacks with other dr and start at 9 so if you got a spell that gives you 10 extra then you have a total of 19 which protects against a lot of stuff until you get hit by a magic missile.
Or until someone decide to throw a tanglefoot bag at you(if conditions cancel the full health condition).

GrayDeath
2017-12-15, 02:21 PM
Originally it only aimed at Hitpoints. Generally I tend to want to keep it at that, as you rightfully say if it includes conditions it will be much worse (even if this slightly reduces the fit, stylewise^^).

The theme was, as discussed above, that until he actually gets hurt his Ego makes him even harder to hurt.

Once he got hurt, said Ego stops helping...a bit. ;)

Oh, @ Table. fixed.