PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Enlightened Fist Monk Archetype [PEACH]

Llama513
2017-03-05, 08:49 PM
3rd level, you get the third caster spells known and progression, except they will cast their spells using ki points, making the cost work like spell points, they get the sorcerer list
arcane fist: spend an additional 1 ki point to cast a touch spell as a unarmed strike, this uses your action, and has the affect of the spell plus your unarmed strike damage

6th level arcane attunement: use deflect missiles on ranged spell attack rolls, spend ki points equal to a spell level you can cast heal double that spell level

11th level you can cast any ray spell as a touch attack, this ability can be used in conjunction with the 6th level feature, 17th level this allows you to use any ranged spells, including lines and bursts centered on you with arcane fist

17th level you learn a 5th or 6th level spell that you can cast using your ki points, once per day

The homebrewery for this archetype is here (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rkOd-Sqcx)

Llama513
2017-03-06, 09:55 PM
I really would like to know people thoughts, if they think it is too strong, not strong enough, or even if it seems interesting enough to play

JNAProductions
2017-03-07, 09:39 AM
Might actually be a little weak. All it gets, really, is spellcasting. (Sure, they can add some minor damage to their casting, but not much.)

Certainly not overpowered, especially since it's the only third caster who's resources for casting are the same as a regular class resource. (Although the flexibility given by using spell points, effectively, is a nice perk.) The one thing is, I'd limit the 6th level spell to once per long rest. No caster gets more than one 6th level spell till 19th level-a third caster should NOT get more than one per long rest.

Llama513
2017-03-07, 11:04 AM
Might actually be a little weak. All it gets, really, is spellcasting. (Sure, they can add some minor damage to their casting, but not much.)

Certainly not overpowered, especially since it's the only third caster who's resources for casting are the same as a regular class resource. (Although the flexibility given by using spell points, effectively, is a nice perk.) The one thing is, I'd limit the 6th level spell to once per long rest. No caster gets more than one 6th level spell till 19th level-a third caster should NOT get more than one per long rest.

I will fix that would moving the punch spell to 3rd, and then coming up with a new 6th level feature be a better option

There is an a feature from the original prestige class that i left behind, Arcane rejuvenation, they would burn a spell slot, in this case ki points to heal for double the spell level

The other thing that comes to mind, is to allow them to use deflect missiles on spells that require a ranged spell attack roll

JNAProductions
2017-03-07, 01:07 PM
That's a good idea.

Llama513
2017-03-07, 03:50 PM
That's a good idea.

For the spell deflection, or the healing, or both?

JNAProductions
2017-03-07, 04:17 PM
For the spell deflection, or the healing, or both?

Yis. Booper dooper.

Llama513
2017-03-08, 02:07 AM
Added the reflection and healing , I think I worded it correctly, also tweaked Hold ray, and Magical Secrets