PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About Incarnum Dragons

ATHATH
2017-03-05, 09:30 PM
If a Wyrmling Incarnum Dragon takes levels in Meldshaping classes, will it still only be able to invest 1 essentia into each of its soulmelds?

Yuki Akuma
2017-03-05, 09:32 PM
Essentia capacity is determined by hit dice, so no, if it gets enough levels it'll be able to put more than 1 into its soulmelds.

ATHATH
2017-03-05, 09:38 PM
Essentia capacity is determined by hit dice, so no, if it gets enough levels it'll be able to put more than 1 into its soulmelds.
Ah, but it has racial Meldshaping that says that the maximum amount of essentia that it can invest in its soulmelds is equal to its age category/2 (minimum 1).

Do I just take whichever one's higher?

KillianHawkeye
2017-03-05, 09:52 PM
Ah, but it has racial Meldshaping that says that the maximum amount of essentia that it can invest in its soulmelds is equal to its age category/2 (minimum 1).

Do I just take whichever one's higher?

Error: This interaction is undefined.

If it were my choice, I'd say to add the two together; the amount it gets from its racial ability and the amount it gets for all non-dragon Hit Dice (it's dragon HD are already accounted for by its racial ability, even if the math isn't the same).

Psyren
2017-03-06, 09:57 AM
Statblocks aren't the most authoritative but I would try reverse-engineering it to see how much essentia they have invested and try to figure out the intended formula from there.