PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Race: the Tauri - WIP - Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

RoninLoganX
2017-03-06, 02:19 AM
Here's my new race... well, old race with a new spin. I wanted to do a minotaur-like race. Since Minotaurs already have an "official" WotC publishing through Unearthed Arcana, I decided to go with Rhino-men in the place of Bull-men for the strength-based subrace.

I feel that it could use a few more family/clan names, and the Cervitaurs' antlers really need an extra something special. Also, I'm still contemplating another subrace or more, though I'm not sure what it could be. Looking forward to the thoughts and feedback for this.

The Homebrewery for this is Here (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJbuUkwtcl)

PotatoGolem
2017-03-06, 09:58 AM
Your subraces are too samey- they all get a d10 natural weapon and that's about it. I'd make that the rhino's thing, and maybe give unicorns casting like a tiefling and deer a mobility/stealth feature

RoninLoganX
2017-03-06, 03:22 PM
Your subraces are too samey- they all get a d10 natural weapon and that's about it. I'd make that the rhino's thing, and maybe give unicorns casting like a tiefling and deer a mobility/stealth feature

I could drop the others' natural weapon damage die to a d8 and give the Rhinotaur full Siege Monster capabilities instead. Any suggestions on the innate spells for the Unitaur or the stealth/mobility feature for the Cervitaur?