PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How to start a campaign: Isger edition

Doorhandle
2017-03-06, 05:13 AM
I'm setting up a campaign for my local RPG group. I've decided to set the campaign in Isger: (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Isger) Vassal state of cheliax and the site of the goblinblood wars. I'm planning to follow the pathfidner "canon" unless it's convenient to do otherwise.

While I have the major NPCs/Villain thought out, and I have some ideas on where the party can go from there, I am coming to a block on where to actually start the game.

On one hand I don't want the most cliches starts (at a tavern, in prison, ect.) but I also want to avoid world-shattering/really out there start (inside the tarrasque, you start the game dead, ect.)

In addition, I want to let them get to the 3 staring plot-hooks as soon as possible: In particular, I have:

Dungeon-crawl option: Paralictor Phobos (A Hellknight) wants someone to delve through the sewers and detonate one of the goblin-held tunnels leading to Elictor from the Chitterwoods.

Wilderness option : Hrulm Sud (the local innkeeper/unofficial venture captain) wants somone to find the body of his old friend, Kazhg Thech, near Flinder's gulch.

Mystery: Lady Liadre (A rich kalistocrat) wants somone to investigate why her contact in Saringallow, Rusoc, has vanished.

While I could settle this in session zero, I would prefer to have an inkling of where to start. Any suggestions?