PDA

View Full Version : Seed of Life + Persist Spell

PrismCat21
2017-03-06, 11:03 AM
I was flipping through Complete Champion, looking for ideas for a future character.
I found Seed of Life
http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/complete-champion--57/seed-of-life--600/
It seems to me to qualify for Persist Spell. Does it?

It's a level 4 spell granting fast healing 2, like Vigor, for 10 rounds + 1 round/caster level.
As a standard action, you can exhaust the remaining positive energy in a inner burst to heal a number of d4's equal to the remaining rounds left in the duration.

If it's persisted, that will mean healing 100d4/hour left right?
I'm sure having the ability to 1/day heal to full has it's uses. :elan:

Is their a way to potentially turn the excess healing into temporary HP

Necroticplague
2017-03-06, 11:10 AM
You seem to have missed one very important part of Peristent designed to stop exactly this kind of stuff.

This material is published under the OGL
Persistent Spell [Metamagic]
Prerequisite

Extend Spell.
Benefit

A persistent spell has a duration of 24 hours. The persistent spell must have a personal range or a fixed range. Spells of instantaneous duration cannot be affected by this feat, nor can spells whose effects are discharged. You need not concentrate on spells such as detect magic or detect thoughts to be aware of the mere presence or absence of the things detected, but you must still concentrate to gain additional information as normal. Concentration on such a spell is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A persistent spell uses up a spell slot six levels higher than the spell’s actual level.

Seed of Life
(Complete Champion, p. 127)

Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Cleric 4, Paladin 4, Druid 5,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 10 rounds + 1 round/level (maximum 30 rounds) or until discharged

PrismCat21
2017-03-06, 12:04 PM
Well shoot. I did miss that in Seed of Life.
Oh well.
I thought something was missing. Thanks :)