PDA

View Full Version : Help me torment my players

Virfortis
2017-03-06, 12:37 PM
I want to make a fey-ish room with a DC16 Wisdom saving throw or the target is charmed and must start dancing around a central brazier while singing "The song that doesn't end (Lamb Chop Show, look it up)."
They join 3 other NPCs that are on the brink of exhaustion and near death, with skeletons around them of those that went in and failed.

However, giving them a save every 6 seconds would defeat the point/story, so I'm thinking dominate may be better. What are your thoughts? I'm ok with this being a relic because they could not feasibly disspell it long enough to matter and it would be always on, making it useless for their abuse.

Yes I will expect them to sing along as their character would.

MrFahrenheit
2017-03-06, 01:26 PM
Rather than a wis save permitted every six seconds, it's a wis save every hour? To balance this (but barely), the characters don't have to dance in place, but rather dance around the relic? The relic itself would of course be a ball made out of multiple small pieces of glass, suspended from the ceiling by a wire - Otto's Irresistable Disco Ball hanging above Otto's Irresistable Dance Floor!

Virfortis
2017-03-06, 02:50 PM
Rather than a wis save permitted every six seconds, it's a wis save every hour? To balance this (but barely), the characters don't have to dance in place, but rather dance around the relic? The relic itself would of course be a ball made out of multiple small pieces of glass, suspended from the ceiling by a wire - Otto's Irresistable Disco Ball hanging above Otto's Irresistable Dance Floor!

With blood on the dance floor, of course.

I like it.

Sir cryosin
2017-03-06, 04:49 PM
Didn't critical role do this?