PDA

View Full Version : Martial adept

clash
2017-03-06, 02:47 PM
1) Can the feat martial adept be taken more than once? (Pretty sure this is a no)
2) If not is there a good reason for this?
3) Would it be OP is someone was willing to devote all of their feats to get superiority dice one at a time? This seems mild to me even for a battle master fighter.

Cybren
2017-03-06, 03:01 PM
You can only take a feat multiple times if the feat says so, so no ,you can't take it multiple times. If you were able to do so, I could see there being a hyper-specialized build that used battle master levels and a few copies of that feat to have a lot of superiority dice, but I wouldn't expect it to be particularly effective from a pure optimization standpoint, and the battlemaster already gets most of the maneuvers they like with their first three or four.

clash
2017-03-06, 04:47 PM
Okay so I guess a little context is that one of my players wants to spend most of his battle master feats on this to get at least 10 superiority dice by high level. I couldn't see it being OP but just wanted confirmation. Thanks!

mephnick
2017-03-06, 07:10 PM
No, but lots of people have it give 2 dice instead of 1. Not a very good feat otherwise.

Malifice
2017-03-06, 08:40 PM
1) Can the feat martial adept be taken more than once? (Pretty sure this is a no)
2) If not is there a good reason for this?
3) Would it be OP is someone was willing to devote all of their feats to get superiority dice one at a time? This seems mild to me even for a battle master fighter.

IMC I allow the feat to grant 2 superiority dice/ short rest.

Im not sure why it doesnt already.

Cybren
2017-03-06, 09:00 PM
IMC I allow the feat to grant 2 superiority dice/ short rest.

Im not sure why it doesnt already.

Their reasoning was probably "if you want that many dice take the class"

jaappleton
2017-03-06, 09:06 PM
1. Don't let them take the Feat more than once. It's... not wise. Letting them use Precision Strike or whatever on darn near every attack is too much. So don't let them take the Feat multiple times.

2. That said, it IS alright to let it grant TWO dice. You are spending a Feat on it, so its gotta be worth the actual cost of a Feat. As it is, granting only one dice simply isn't enough.