PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Succubus/Incubus Player race

Alpha Saiyan
2017-03-06, 02:49 PM
So this is my first time trying to make a race using the advanced race guide, please feel free to let me know if i missed anything or if its too much or is broken.

Racial Traits
+2 Cha, +2 Dex, -2 Str: Succubi/Incubi are charming and attractive as well as ,let's just say maneuverable, but not suited for direct confrontations
Medium: Succubi/Incubi are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Outsider: Succubi/Incubi are native to several outer planes
Normal Speed:Succubi/Incubi have a base speed of 30 feet.
Dark-Vision 60 ft
Flight:Succubi/Incubi have bat-like wings that allow them to fly 60ft with average maneuverability
Prehensile Tail:Succubi/Incubi have a long, flexible tail that can be used to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but they can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their persons as a swift action.
Tongues:Succubi/Incubi can speak and understand any language of an intelligent creature, this can be turned off as a free action.
Sex Fiend: Succubi/Incubi always treat perform (sex) or Diplomacy (your choice) and bluff as class skills.
Spell-Like Ability:Succubi/Incubi can use suggestion as a spell like ability 1/Day
Language:Succubi/Incubi start with common and either infernal or abyssal. Those with high intelligence may choose any language except secret ones.

Alternate Racial Traits
Change Shape:Some Succubi/Incubi prefer to control things more covertly, you may use Change Shape as the Spell “Greater Change Shape” 1/Day. Changing back to your original form does not take 1 use, however changing to another form does. This Trait replaces the spell like ability
Claws:Some Succubi/Incubi have Deadly Claws instead of graceful digits. You gain a claw attack worth 1D4 points of damage. This trait replaces Prehensile tail, you still posses a tail, its just not as dexterous.
Fiendish Sorcery:Sometimes Succubi/Incubi take a special interest in the arcane.
If a Succubus/Incubus sorcerer has the Abyssal or Infernal bloodline, it treats its caster level as 1 higher when casting bonus spells and bloodline powers. This trait does not give early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this trait. This trait replaces the spell like ability
Fiendish Resistance:Succubi/Incubi, especially those who spend time in hell or the abyss become accustom to the harsh environments. Succubi/Incubi with this trait gain cold resistance 5, electricity resistance 5, and fire resistance 5. This trait replaces the spell like ability.
Seducer: Some Succubi/Incubi are especially good at what they do. Succubi/Incubi with this trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs for their spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment school. In addition, those with a Wisdom score of 15 or higher may use charm person once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the user’s character level). This trait replaces the spell like ability
Object of Desire:Sometimes these fiends are just too tempting to pass up. Succubi/Incubi with this trait add +1 to their caster level when casting charm person and charm monster. This trait replaces prehensile tail.
Nimble Attacks:Some Succubi/Incubi prefer to cause pain rather than pleasure. This trait grants “weapon finesse” as a bonus feat. This trait replaces prehensile tail.
Weapon Familiarity:Succubi/Incubi are infamous for their skill with whips and chains. You gain proficiency with all whips and spiked chains/scourges. This trait replaces the spell like ability

inuyasha
2017-03-06, 02:58 PM
Some of this seems alright, but the numerous at will SLA's are very, very broken, with three powerful spells at will, and one even more powerful one once per day. Also, I'm pretty sure Perform (Sex) isn't a real skill, but if it is in your game, I think you should come up with how it interacts with Bardic Performance, and what skills it can replace with Versatile Performance...

Alpha Saiyan
2017-03-06, 03:13 PM
Thats what i was afraid of, i was trying to make it as close to the succubus from the bestiary as possible, so do you think i should just do away with the spell like abilities or what? this a 1 reason i miss 3.5 rules in that i could just tack on a level adjustemt to compensate but ive seen nothing of the sort since moving to pathfinder. also ill give them thoption to take diplomacy if its not THAT kind of campaign.

inuyasha
2017-03-06, 03:15 PM
I honestly think I'd take away all of the spell like abilities and replace them with 1/day suggestion. It's nowhere near as powerful, but it's still useful and very flavorful.

Most racial abilities that give class skills give two, so I'd change Perform to Diplomacy if it's not that kind of campaign, and then probably add on Bluff.

Alpha Saiyan
2017-03-06, 03:23 PM
Thank you for that suggestion. also in regards to that perform skill, i have a couple of books that add it, those being the book of erotic fantasy and/or the book of unlawful carnal knowledge, but i forgot to consider that it may impact negatively on people who dont have the books. so did you mean replace perform sex with diplomacy or give them the option, cuz i believe succubi/Incubi should be inherently good at sex, being that they are sex demons.

puglord
2017-12-13, 05:27 PM
though with the fact that you get all these attacks what about proficiency with a morning-star. It is a kind of a funny way of showing a demonic side since morning-star is the devil