PDA

View Full Version : Computer Why is EU4 so buggy!?

MonkeySage
2017-03-06, 02:59 PM
4 Separate attempts to launch the game without mods, 4 crashes before the game even launches, 0 error messages. I'm really starting to lose my patience with this one.

tonberrian
2017-03-06, 03:21 PM
4 Separate attempts to launch the game without mods, 4 crashes before the game even launches, 0 error messages. I'm really starting to lose my patience with this one.

EU4 doesn't normally act like that, is all I can say. Try posting on the official Tech Support forum?

MonkeySage
2017-03-06, 03:31 PM
I did. Also posted on steam and sent a message to tech support... Mostly I'm just being impatient. I've been dealing with this issue since last night.

I'm frustrated because the one time someone actually responded to the posts, it was to tell me to provide more information... despite the fact that I posted literally everything I knew.

tonberrian
2017-03-06, 03:52 PM
Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Is this a computer that's never ran EU4 or did this just start suddenly?

There's a system log somewhere in the EU4 files, the official tech support forum will tell you where it is and can use it to see what's wrong. On my phone though, so I really can't help much more.

Sian
2017-03-06, 06:24 PM
... tried looking in the EU4 Tech support forum to see if I could see what you provided, so i could make a suggesiton what you provide as well (dxdiag log would be an obvious first place) ... but I was unable to find any threads that sounded anywhere like your issue

Androgeus
2017-03-06, 09:26 PM
Have you had steam verify the game? The installation might have corrupted or something.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2017-03-07, 08:07 AM
Try a clean re-install, the game is actually quite thoroughly bug-tested.

Trekkin
2017-03-09, 05:40 PM
Also, if you just restarted the game four times, I'd expect it to fail four times; you might only be dealing with one bug.