PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Worlds IC

DrK
2017-03-06, 03:13 PM
To battle a God!

http://img12.deviantart.net/0966/i/2012/048/6/2/stonehenge_by_jacolloy-d4q0q12.jpg

The sky flickered and blazed with vivid hues of purples and blues as lightning and thin skeins of mist of the rolling purple rain beat down on the wild grasslands surrounding the rune marked standing stones. Outside the stones 13 rings of 13 druids stand and sway all chanting, at the heart of each ring a burning wickerman of one of the 13 celtic gods giving off the thick purple smoke that has generate the fabled purple rain blocking this area from view of the Gods - all the Gods from the ancient desert gods of the Nile delta to the bearded warrior gods of the northern Norse none can see the meeting that is taking place.

In the centre of the stones the great and the good have gathered. Great mages, priests, warriors and princes sent by the leaders of the kingdoms from far and wide all have gathered here to discuss how to cope with the great betrayal that the Gods have done, the Gods that even now conspire to destroy their Empires, to topple their cities and send the mortal lands back to the primitive states they used to be in when the Gods were revered above everything!

You have all been sent by your lands and nations. As you approach the circle warriors in woad and flax and carrying long willow spears with rune covered bone tips bar your way through the stones. "Name yourself strangers and denounce your gods!"

Please introduce yourself to the the crowd in the circle and give a good visual description of yourself.

BelGareth
2017-03-06, 04:39 PM
Leofric stands in the shadows of treeline, watching the henge.

He narrowed his eyes and peered through the night at the spectacle, truly, he had seen nothing like it in all his life, and will probably not again. To block the gods, all of them, was pure folly, yet, here he stood, looking at these druids doing so. He shook his head, what was happening was foretold, he believed, without a doubt, that this was the pretense to the coming of Ragnarök, and he smiled at the thought. Perhaps Thor, Odin and Tyr would finally get what was theirs, the Ásynjur would finally be bought low, and the great serpent Jörmungandr will be released.

He almost cried out in exultation at the mere thought, but stopped himself at the last moment, such was his will power, to overcome his own desires, revered by his men was he. His men awaited him on their ship, the Íslendingur, feasting throughout the night at his bidding, for surely, such a summons as this, such a moment as this, could not be ignored by men such as he.

He stepped out of the shadows, his greataxe strapped to his back, underneath his shield, declaring to all, that he intended no violence to them. He teased the great wyrm ring on his right hand with his thumb, gifted to him by Fafnir, it was both a curse and a gift, and he often found himself mindlessly spinning it. Glaring at himself, he stopped doing it, if only to prove to himself.

Moving through the circles, careful not to break anything, or pass through any druidic circle of power, he approached the stone henge eyeing the guards barring his way, he glares at them with a low thunder of a growl, none dared get in his way, yet, he let them, for who was he to break tradition.

He stepped into the light, and revealed himself, a huge mountain of a man, standing much taller, and larger than the majority of the people present, he had a greataxe strapped to his back, and his shield over it, he wears simple, but fine armor, simply adorned with viking runes of power. He wears no armor on his arms, or legs, and only wears a warkilt to keep him warm. His hair is long and almost shaggy, though he keeps it tied together in several knots, his beard hangs almost to his sternum.

"I AM LEOFRIC UHTREDSON, I DENOUNCE ALL OF THE ÁSYNJUR! LONG HAVE THEY BEEN LAZY AND DOCILE, AFRAID OF US, AFRAID OF RAGNARÖK! I COME HERE ON BEHALF OF ALL JOTNAR, I COME HERE AS THEIR CHAMPION!" he bellowed to the sky and anyone present.

Mai
2017-03-06, 05:27 PM
Kazui walked along the road, watching the sky. Her mind was on matters she was trying to avoid thinking about. Betrayal of the Gods saddened her. She didn’t understand the cause of all this. Why had the Gods betrayed them? Yes there were vile, evil people out there but to betray all of humanity… she had served So long as a humble cleric. The situation pained her. The ever present question of “why” refusing to leave. Perhaps she would learn why soon enough, but she doubted it.

Kazui saw the sky and the purple rain over a hill and smoke from the burning wickermen. She placed her hands over her blades and twisted her wrists slightly.the blades disappeared. Finding 2 matched gloves of both dexterity and storing had been a hassle. That said being able to store with both gloves was worth the expense. She unhooked her sheathes from her belt and his them in a deep pocket that physically shouldn’t exist on her belt.

She looked somewhat sadly to her husband Daku, and resumed walking up to the meeting. A place she had been informed was called “Stonehenge” the name was explained as soon as she got close enough. Her race, to her knowledge, didn’t live here. She could assume human appearance but didn’t. Her husband couldn't, so she wouldn’t herself. If anyone here was racist towards him then she would be there with him.

She wore a simple but elegant dark purple outfit that seemed back in some lights and at a distance. The accents and glowing patterns in a bright silver which contrasted the dark purple heavily. Her outfit consisted of a long sleeved shirt, pants, and cloak. While the colors might be something a nobleman would wear, the fabric was paradoxically more travel-ready materials. Twas as if someone had purchased the most sturdy clothing they could and then had them extravagantly dyed. Truthfully that was near enough to fact. Under her shirt was light celestial armor, strong but thin enough to be worn under clothing. Similar to her clothing her matching cloak was made for travel, and was waterproofed. She had the hood up, mostly because she didn’t care to be soaked. She wore a matching Belton along with gloves, boots, and some jewelry including 2 rings, and a periapt around her neck.

That said one could see her face clearly as she had merely pulled the hood up enough to shelter herself. One looking at her face would see what was, perhaps, a surprising sight. Her face was feline. Short fur covered her face, silver with black markings. Her eyes were perhaps the most startling. They were silver instead of white, and the irises were purple not a normal color. Her eyes were somewhat slit, which wasn’t perhaps surprising due to her feline face. Her Draconic wings were folded up and hidden by the cloak.

As she would get closer to Stonehenge she felt around her cloak and pulled out a small sealed envelope. The kingdom she had come from had taken the precaution of writing her a letter of introduction, proving her identity. As they would approach the guard she had it in a more available pocket. She doubted he would want it, but any official people further on might.

”I am Kazui, from a far eastern land. You are probably expecting us. I am formerly a cleric of Lathander.”

Once Kazui gets past she walks forward and introduces herself more formally to the others past the guard. She lowers her hood and bows deeply to them, and speaks in a more formal tone than with the guards. By no means did she disrespect the guards, she just hadn’t deemed it as formal a situation. ”I am Kessho, Kazui, a hengeyokai from the far east. I have a letter of introduction should anyone need to verify my identity. I have come as my homelands representative. I am pleased to meet you all.” Kazui smiles honestly, but there is a brittle feeling to it, as though the state of the world even now burdens her. Her feline ears, now readily visible, flick back and forth, alert and wary. By the time you reach the point where your birth nation recognizes your power… You’ve probably lived through enough ambushes to always be wary. Her tail twitches slightly and seats, mostly under her cloak but visible at times.

Out of Character

[roll0]
Listen check if applicable.

[roll1]
Spot check if applicable

Trying to spot anything pertinent, anything not readily visible. Considering the nature of the meeting, and how personal people take religious issues to heart, it makes sense for Kazui to be alert and weary. The gods have betrayed them, and this meeting is blatantly defying said gods, who wouldn’t be alert and stressed a bit? w
We are seasoned veteran hero's I guess, they’ve been through a lot I imagine. XD

Li Yonokaze
2017-03-06, 06:37 PM
Daku looked up at the sky where the light ends before looking down at the circles of people where he is headed. He stood next to his wife kazui andHe could notice how nerveous and sad she felt. He also had his dire wolf companion at his other side. It is sad that the gods would turn on their disciples but it's their choice they'll have to pay for.

He started walking towards the group as the rain fell. He is a winter fox hengaokia from the east sent by his people along with kazui. He wore a cloak but with hood down and a chain shirt with a short sleeve shirt under it with black pants that were a tiny bit baggy. He had black fur with white tipped ears and tail. He has medium-long black hair and his eyes are pure black. His weapons consist of two Battle axes that lay side by side just above his waist on his back with the handles sticking out past his sides to give him ease when grabbing them. A bow that goes across his back with his quiver.

They finally reached the stones where they were stopped. "I am Daku. I was sent here by the hengaokia. " he said waiting for them to move out of the way. After getting past them he slowed down to let kazui go ahead and keep a bit back to have a better view of things.

After kazui introduced herself he did as well with a slight bow. "I am Daku a fox hengaokia and was sent here by my people and home to answer your call for help. " he said formally and respectfully. Unlike kazui though he didn't have a letter. Probably because most his work is secretive. But who knows in this case.

[roll0]
Listen check

[roll1]
Spot check

This is just to be aware of surroundings.
Mai stole my idea lol

Griff_Goodbeard
2017-03-06, 10:41 PM
Azon stood, arms crossed bent slightly forward against the wind and he glided toward the stone circle on his flying carpet. He noted the size and configuration of the stones and committed it to memory. Impressive, by northern standards I suppose, he thought. He wondered if any of these people had ever stood at the base of the great sphinx, or passed under the shadow of the towering pyramids of his homeland. He shrugged a shoulder, shifting his armor slightly. He had yet to get used to the damp weather of the north and he silently pined for the arid landscape of his homeland.

He came to a stop and watched as creatures from all corners of the globe stepped forward, listening, sizing them up. An impressive collection to be sure, and quite necessary given the task at hand. He stepped from the carpet and into the circle. He is taller than the average human, with a broad chest and heavily muscled arms that are a dark olive color. He seems larger than he is because of an ever shifting visage of a Marut that seems to emanate from him and surround him. He wears a mask in the shape of a Jackal, but as he speaks, the mask seems to melt away and into his body. "I am Azon-emhat, child of the Nile, servant of the pharaoh and bringer of law. Let no being, even the gods themselves think they can flaunt the natural order and escape my wrath." His voice is deep, almost gravely and his tone flat and emotionless.

With the mask gone you can see he is bald and his olive skin matches his arms. His eyes glow with a faint azure radiance that seem to intensify as he utters his greeting.

This is pretty close to what I was envisioning

http://i.imgur.com/kocZNIh.jpg

Lyndworm
2017-03-08, 11:23 PM
Adam approaches the circle slowly, attempting to peer inside. He's surprised at first to see that he hardly recognizes anyone, not even the druids and woaden warriors. Then again, he thinks to himself, It's been over twenty years since I've seen any of the people who might've been called here in the first place. He steps forward then, nodding to the warriors as they block his way.

Of average height and slender build, Adam appears much like any other old man. His silver hair is pulled back into a tight tail falling just past his shoulders. His face is weathered from age, with a heavy brow and large light blue eyes. He carries no weapons and wears no armor, but Adam's robes set him apart from the crowd. Made from extremely fine materials and dyed a deep blue, the robes appear a nearly perfect black in the strange light. In his right hand is a tall oaken staff, only slightly shorter than the man himself, ringed with bands of iron.

Adam raps his staff against the ground lightly as he says "I am Adam Kanavar, Druid of the Fyn Circle, Wizard of the Cerrig Council, and founder of the Arthud Dynion." He raps his staff against the earth more firmly and presses on. "I have spent my life gathering the magics and knowledge of every people and every land, and I bring them with me to this summons. The gods have never been friend to me or mine, and they stand to make me a grave enemy today."

DrK
2017-03-09, 06:52 AM
As each of the new entries enters the rings of stones you can all feel a shiver of magic as you pass through the stones. Now warded by as many possible spells of misdirection and shielding as are mortally possible. In the heart of the stones around the massive table you can see there are around a dozen chairs. Of these only 4 have been filled before you arrive, though of them you recognise all 4 of them. The most impressive are Queen Bodiuca of the Celts - beautiful, dangerous and powerful. As evidenced by the dozens of druids chanting to summon the purple rain around the henge that lies within her lands. To her right the ancient Merlin advisor to the Celts for over 3 centuries and wise in the ways of the world. The ancient druid looks up as Adam approaches. A flash of irritation present as he views his rival druid.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7c/3c/f6/7c3cf6ede4e1552a6743f5610dd31d51.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/44/56/5b/44565b5f2d25e509b1dedddb354bdc8d.jpg

Sitting at in the middle of table at rigid attentions is young Prince Pleistarchus of Sparta. Sent by the infamous warrior King Leonidas. Like most of the Spartans he sits ram rod straight garbed in his armour with a soldier behind him holding his long rune covered spear that glows with fire like a torch and his gleaming shield that floats fractionally off the ground by its own power. At the opposite end of the table, obese and grotesque is Claudius, pro-consul of Rome. The massive fat and ugly dwarf wreathed in gold and jewels that each were worth a small town and in the flickering shadows beyond the henge you can see disciplined Legionaires waiting patiently. In the circle with him are two purple clothed and black armoured praetorians, one iwth the roman eagle and a young boy standing behind the dwarf fanning him and leafy frond and bearing a platter of meats and fruit.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/52/c1/0c/52c10c55ae9c446b7a369f7fe447f06f.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ce/73/1f/ce731fb3488fc7f2a93e8b1b5552a759.jpg

Boudica rises as you approach, eyes glittering intently. "Welcome all of you to discuss these matters most severe. Sad that is has come to pass that we fear our own Gods. Please sit and have drinks. Most welcome are you Daku and Kazui of the East and Azon son of the Desert. You have come far. To Adam and Leofric she merely nods. One is a threat to her advisor, the other has been involved in too many raids on the realms of Northern Britannia."

Pleistartchis is more forward, the young man offering a (very) firm handshake to both Leofric and Azon- the other warriors to the Spartan's eyes. "We shall cross blades with a God soon my father feel. On that day the sky will rain with blood and we shall show these so called gods the might of mortals." Only the dwarf says nothing, whispering to his Centurion and laughing a throaty laugh that is clearly the result of some abusive witticism. The excesses and obscenities of the dwarven senate are well known and many of the nations gathered here would love to see the cess pit of Rome wiped from the maps if it were not for massively powerful Legion armies.

Merlin rises as well, nodding to Adam as a fellow druid, a muttered "Welcome brother of the circle". To the others he looks about, branches in his hair and small flowers and insects crawling and writhing on his clothes and skin. "Now we need only wait for those from watery Atlantis, the emissary from Pesh (india), the Khan of the great steppes and the djinn of the desert."

Mai
2017-03-09, 10:33 AM
Kazui isn’t sure quite how to respond, but she does as indicated and takes a seat. ”It’s an honor to be greeted by the most famous warrior queen in all the lands. Thank you.” She also makes another polite and respectful seated now to everyone else,including the people who have just arrived. Her now towards Claudius is a bit quicker and subtly lower. Perhaps it’s because she sits here near Queen Boudica and Merlin, one the most famous warrior queen, the next one of the most famous magic users, then, the great warrior Prince sent by fearsome Leonidas, Pleistarchus. everyone here commands such power and respect, both the aforementioned and those still arriving. And then there's Claudius…. The greedy, power hungry dwarf. He seems like the only one here whose fame and power come entirely from others. Queen Boudica herself commands and army sure, but she is, legendary or not, a warrior queen. She can’t imagine Claudius stepping into a battlefield. While she shows respect to keep the peace, in truth she respects his legionaries far more than the man they guard. In fact compared to her, she is the most visually, unimpressive, seemingly unarmed as well. Kazui smiles to herself. Better unarmed visibly and armed subtly than truly unarmed. For while shoe holds no weapons visibly, her twin kukri, stores in her gloves via their enchantment, can be in her hands in an instant. Here is a subtle movement of her cloak as her wings move slightly.

Kazui’s ears flick back and form at each sound, her eyes drinking everything she can in. She sits with great posture and watches. One needn’t any magic to see that Kazui was alert and cautious. Too many important, dangerous people perhaps… But as the strongest cleric currently she had perhaps a more keen awareness of deities. Sure the gods had betrayed them first, but deities could be petulant children sometimes, at least in some pantheons. Many would see this as betrayal while refusing to acknowledge their betrayal. Granted the power of a deity… it was no wonder she wasn’t entirely calm. Why were the gods behaving so abnormally? Was this a war between deities and due to that they simply were not paying attention to the effect it had on mortals?

Queen Boudica has mentioned drinks, Kazui would have one, preferably something not too alcoholic like soft cider or something. Best not to cloud the mind given the situation.

Kazui ponders over what the Viking had said. Not being very familiar with the Norse pantheon some of what he said she caught. Ásynjur? What was that? Ragnarock? Perhaps it was his accent, but she doubted it. She looks to her husband, Daku briefly, and turns away. She wonders who the the atlanteans would send, what new people were to arrive.

[roll0]
Listen check.

[roll1]
Spot check

BelGareth
2017-03-13, 03:09 PM
Leofric takes Pleistartchis's arm in a strong embrace, seeing him likewise, as a respectable warrior who deserves his respect until proven otherwise.

He nods to the others, and openly glares at Boudicia, her and her kind had been a thorn in his side for as long as he could remember, though, they did prove good sport when they needed to wet their blades.

He looks around for some drinks, refreshments and any general foodstuff and frowns.

"Well, I hope there is some ale and meat to eat while we wait, else I'm liable to leave such an abysmal welcome, even my enemies are welcomed better than this!"

Lyndworm
2017-03-14, 02:29 AM
Adam returns Queen Boudica's nod respectfully. He had always admired the woman, even if they didn't always see quite eye to eye. She was as good and strong a leader and warrior as most any man he'd ever known. To Merlin, he responds with a quick "Thank you." Unlike the queen, Adam didn't much care for her adviser, and the feeling seemed mutual. The other druid was exceedingly wise and powerful in his own right, but had always struck Adam as something of a know-it-all, and the two had been on the wrong foot for decades now.

Taking his seat, Adam is taken aback at Leofric's outburst. Perhaps the passion the man had shown earlier was simply foolishness, he thought to himself. More diplomatically, he said "The queen offered you a drink not a moment ago, Uhtredson. Is there a specific brew you'd prefer, or are you sated by any swill?"

BelGareth
2017-03-14, 10:47 AM
Leofric turns to regard the strange man, he had seen and fought men from the desert, Egyptian, Persian, perverse creatures who delighted in strange fetishes and rituals.

He had no love for them.

Frowning, he saw this man as different to those however, and seemed to garner some respect for him, even by how he took his seat and asked him the question. "BAH!" he barks in response "Boudicia is no queen to me! She lacks anything that resembles the personage of a REAL woman." he yells, smiling a wide smile as he peers to look at any response from the queen. "I would prefer to lie in a ditch and drown in my own filth than accept the hospitality of a Celt!"

Lyndworm
2017-03-14, 03:41 PM
Adam feels he's starting to understand this man a little better. A proud warrior, likely clever in his own right but not used to being called on his 'barbarian' antics. Even the Northman would not be so foolish as to start a fight here, so Adam feels comfortable poking a little fun.

Arching one thick brow, Adam asks "Then why did you agree to meet in this place? Surely you did not think that the pro-consul would be our host this evening." With a small smile lightening his face, Adam says "Or perhaps your filth is just that inviting. If so, please try to restrain yourself while we conduct our business."

DrK
2017-03-14, 05:36 PM
Boudica looks at Leofric with a sly grin before looking him up and down "We can find some milk for this boy. Celtish ale is too strong for the likes of him." the barbed comment is said with a grin as she clearly enjoys the challenge of the massive celt. To the others she is much warmer summonings ervants with all manner of venison, boar and ales and wine. Only the Pro-consul seeminly content to eat and drink from the Roman delicacies he had clearly brought along with him.

"While we wait we can discuss the calamities that have begun to befall all of us. We have all seen them. The beasts of legend released by the Gods to threaten our lands. The dead rising and the great wyrms of the mountains waking and attacking us. The oracles and soothsayers have received threats and visions o terror and everywhere the Gods would mock us and revile us even as they summon storm and wind to tear down our cities. What can be done?"

She is interrupted by the young Pleistartchis"Then we tear them down Queen. My father even now hand picks 300 of his bravest men and plans to march to the foot of Olympus and then to storm the very gates of Olympus itself. We shall cast them down into the very depths of tartarus and they can rot there. Men can find their own fate" Eyeing up a few of the others "My father did command me to invite the mightiest of warriors to join him in his march to war". At his words the enormous dwarf laughs. "Eager to cross blades with a God eh? Better follow our way. I am building Temples to myself and other members of a senate. If a god has no worshippers then is he a God? e can build news gods from the mortals that rule. Simpler, and" here his fat snorting laugh clearly elicits disgust from Boudica, "WIth the benefits that divinity will bring."

Only Merlin is mostly silent before rising - "I have consulted with the spirits of the sky, land and earth. Older than the gods. We can harness them. Unleash the primordial forces that predate the gods. Then we can set them against the Gods."

As the discussions rage and wane the 4 look to you newcomers to see if you favour a particular strategy over one another as distant peals of trumpets and banging drums announces the nearby arrival soon of another of the great warriors/ mages/ Lords of a people. By the bellowing and echoing call of a shell horn you would bet that its the representative of the Atlanteans from their ocean city,

BelGareth
2017-03-14, 08:48 PM
Uhtredson smirks at the comment, turning it into a raised smile. "Because they have the right idea!" he says, clapping the man on the back, "EVEN if they are dirt eating Celt scum!"

He laughs openly at the next comment "HAHA, my piss is Ale and I **** roses!"

Listening to the queen he nods, "It likely tastes better than the swill you are serving, I'll take it!" he says, grabbing it from whomever was gathering it for him as he listens to the others, at the sound of the horn he sighs "At last, someone else to muffle the sound of Queen B here."

Mai
2017-03-15, 09:33 AM
Kazui smiles faintly and doesn’t intervene. Uhtredson makes interesting company to say the least. That said, she thought Boudica came off better. Kazui merely watched with interest and the faintest smile as Boudica mentioned getting him some milk. She briefly debated a playfully smart ass comment after he said his urine was ale. When good was offered she would smile a bit more broadly and speak mostly to herself but in an audible voice. ”Venison, the most noble of meats.” it would quickly become a parent that she wasn’t a pompous cleric. She didn’t eat what Boudica’s servants put before her regally. She took one proper bite, a small cut of venison, and ate it, making a good humored joke more than anything, before quickly losing her courtly manner and eating like a normal person. Given Boudica is a warrior in her own right and the Spartan were here, she doubted her smallest of satires of noble courtly manners would offend anyone. She had a hard time imagining anyone here but Rome’s representative enforcing complicated and convoluted dining customs. Eating here felt a bit weird to her but it also felt somewhat rude to dismiss her hospitality. She drank some wine, but not much, a full half still in front of her.

She wondered about how things were going in Azon-emhat’s homeland. He had spoken perhaps least so far and she found him fascinating as well. She wondered what his culture was like.

She frowned someone on Claudius's comment. It felt… wrong… in so many ways. You can’t just make yourself a deity by forcing people to worship you. It didn’t work that way, just the idea struck her as vain and selfish. She sported a frown while he spoke, but said nothing. That said, it would be visible to most people that she didn’t approve of Claudius. That said storming the gates of the Grecian deities with a mere 300ish troops felt… underwhelming. She tried to recall how many Grecian deities there were… She wasn’t sure but enough to take on a few hundred of the most well trained troops possible for sure. She would look at the Spartan and ask: ”Why only 300? Oh… governmental troubles? I can only imagine due to the panic trying to get everyone to agree to send a full army out would be hard.” Kazui seemed to answer her own question quickly, and decided that if she was wrong, he could surely correct her. ”Claudius, as a cleric I don’t think it works that way…. Hasn’t that been tried before? I’ve tried to research some histories of the world and I could swear making their people worship the leader never lasts. Hasn’t every nation that tried that ended up dying so far? And it’ll only stir the people up if you try to force them.”

Kazui still wore a slight frown, but spoke calmly and without any insults or slights against him. So appalling was his idea to her that she wanted him to understand that it was most likely doomed to failure. ”Your people must be frantic right now. People must be struggling with finding out why the gods and goddesses are doing this. This could be a time of danger for you, and I worry that if you push this some lunatics may try to put a knife if your back.”[Color] Insulting him would only make him take her argument less seriously and dismiss it, or worse let his own anger overshadow her point. So despite her dislike, she didn’t by words, tone, or otherwise, intend to insult him.

[Color=gold]”In the far east in an island nation my people come from, things are likewise. Great typhoons seeming to come from nowhere, and out of season, strike. We have even had a-”Kazui halts for the barest moment to recall the western word. ”tornado or two, which are quite rare. Earthquakes destroy buildings and homes, and end people's lives. We hand to send many clerics to a single island because undead were riding from the ground yes, but also appeared to be being created or summoned from nothing. Clerics had to be stationed in shifts to keep them at bay while civilians were evacuated. Yokai...demons have been more and more active. As for the dragons, that might imply even Bahamut and Taimat are looking their grip.” Kazui made efforts to use the more western names for clarified sake. As she mentions the sardonic deities her wings, still hidden under her cloak, shift slightly, moving the cloak a small amount. ”I agree.. Something must be done.” Kazui looks towards Merlin at this point. ”My people can learn to speak the language of the spirits and I believe you are right, but I don’t feet it is enough. I believe first we must make sure we have some protocols set up for various emergencies that are happening. We must make sure our respective homes are trying to make the common man safe. For multiple reasons. Firstly, troops and soldiers are vital to protection and offense. But if they feel no one is protecting their families they will probably become deserters, and I can’t blame them. Next, like it or not without farmers, hunters, fishermen, and all the other “commoners” the leaders will fall. If the base of the pyramid becomes unstable and crumbles, even the sturdiest will fall apart.” Kazui smiles slyly at Azon-emhat. To tell the truth she expects some arguments at this, as kings and mighty rulers tend to think they are naturally powerful and don’t need the “commoners”. Of course this idea is ludicrous, and she’d love to see someone like Claudius try to survive when all the commoners that catch, grow, etc. His food are dead. She doubts he can hunt or fish on his own, let alone grow crops. ”And lastly because every human life is valuable.” Again, she expects at least Claudius to argue here. He probably thinks he is the most valuable person in the world, rulers are prone to such exorbitant narcissism. ”Simple things could help. I’d advice that, in the men's time, have anyone who manages the common tasks of your kingdoms to have emergency shelters build. Stone buildings, well supported. If well above sea level and flooding isn’t an issue, underground bunkers. Someplace for people to flee to that is safe from a dragon’s breath, and easily defensible from undead or beasts. I know…. We came here for action, but if no one is left to feed your armies, or to make your weapons, we are doomed. I know having shelters built if there are no strong, defensible buildings that can hold many people already existing will cost money, and a lot of it as they would need to be built with all the haste possible, but the lives of your people, your soldiers, and your country are worth any cost. Next, I’d advise training of healers. Many will be wounded.” Kazui draws breath, it is clear that she is anxious. ”I know we are here about what we need to actively do to stop it. But… No sane leader ignores all precautions. The gods and goddesses have rules a long time. Perhaps like old men and women, they grow senile with age. I don’t know how to stop it just yet, but no doubt everyone here will have to fight. Fight for those people and their land, and be willing to pay down their lives. For any not willing to sacrifice themselves for their people have no right to rule. The time for hiding behind troops is over. I may not know how to stop this madness yet, but we will find a way.” Kazui sits down, and looks briefly around. No doubt Daku might be angry. She could have just earned herself a ticket straight to the headsman's block by saying that, particularly that last bit. But she couldn’t have lived with herself if she had his fearfully and refused to speak. Telling the rulers of some of the strongest nations in the world that the time has come to put the lives of their people above their own had taken no small amount of bravery. Now it was time to hope she didn’t lose her head because of it.

I tried to work within what you said in the OoC, and make it into an event.

[roll0]
Listen

[roll1]
Spot

[roll2]
Diplomacy (just in case)

I hope my post was good.

Griff_Goodbeard
2017-03-15, 02:51 PM
Azon grasps Pleistartchis' wrist firmly in a warrior's handshake. "May we someday die a glorious death side by side as brothers." He remarked to the Spartan, nodding in acknowledgment. He was familiar with the Spartans and had the utmost respect for the warriors. "And thank you to our hosts" he says, with a slight bow toward the seated Celts. He was unfamiliar with them personally, but it was clear to him that they wielded great power and influence and were worthy of respect.

Then there was fat Claudius. Azon steeled his glare, holding in the contempt he felt for the slob. He took a seat at the table, as the one called Kazui engaged with the portly Roman. Sensible and kind, he thought, listening to the hengeyokai speak. He'd never traveled to the far east and had never met a hengeyokai before. But perhaps a bit naive also, he thought as she finished.

"Madam Kazui", he responded. "Your pyramid analogy is amusing and perhaps applicable, but in my estimation, the herding of the common man is best left to those without the means to effect the kind of real change we're discussing here. I'm with Pleistartchis, we need to take the fight to them, stand and teach the gods that they are not above the natural order, and that the abandonment of their duties to mortals will not be tolerated. And I've seen a Spartan fight, a collection of 300 is an army."

"But as we all know an army alone will not suffice to topple the gods. I'd like to hear more about Melin's plan to unleash the primordial spirits."

He pours a glass of wine and takes a long drink. "So you want to be a god Claudius? And would you fulfill your obligations, or simply wait on a golden throne for those such as us to dispose you? I feel that is perhaps being lost in this discussion. Just because the gods are shirking their responsibilities, doesn't mean that the world would be better off without them. Each god, in turn is needed to fulfill a role in the natural order. Simply slaying them will not solve our problems. We need to force them to resume their duties or find suitable beings to replace them in those duties. "

Mai
2017-03-15, 04:11 PM
Kazui performs a seated bow again towards Azon. "I didn't mean to say that I thought this is what we should be doing personally. I merely meant that I believe such steps should be taken. That kind of thing,as I understand it, would be done by, say, Rome's senate or Boudica's advisors, or governors, etcetera. Though I am a cleric... It pains me to see suchhsrsh times. And this behavior is unnaceptable. The people pray to them for aid and wisdom, yet they show no wisdom thier selves now. If rulers are held to a high standard, deities are 20 fold more so. While it would hurt me for it to come to that, don't think I would shrink away. I may not be a ruler, but what I said goes for me as well. The time to hide behind others is gone, if it ever existed in the first place."

Kazui smiles kindly, and looked directly at A son and the Spartan as she spoke, her strange silver and purple eyes with their slit pupil showing the intensity with which she spoke those last couple sentences. Despite that, there was a somewhat reasuring smile. She liked Azon, that said she likes everyone here perhaps with the most tiny exception of uthgerdson? (She wasn't great at horse names sometimes.) and with a major exception of Claudius. Despite never looking at him and never saying by tone or otherwise, her words were railed fit for Claudius.

Lyndworm
2017-03-16, 09:34 PM
Adam listens to the exchange quietly, weighing their options carefully before speaking. "All of these plans have merit, and none are without flaw. I see Kazui's concerns as valid, but would like to add what insight I can."

Looking to Prince Pleistarchus, he says "I know that this is no issue for your people, but if mortals are to move directly on gods we cannot hesitate or deal in half-measures. Not all peoples are so dedicated to warcraft. Right now we suffer their wrath and as far as we know we haven't even angered them. Could you imagine the destruction were your gods to take up arms and deliberately grind your people into submission? Perhaps Sparta would be the last of the great city-states to fall, but if you march on Olympus now, Sparta will fall."

Turning to the pro-consul Claudius, Adam says "The same logic applies to your plan, I'm afraid. We have lost favor with the gods, but I don't believe they actually mean to destroy us. The concentrated wrath of a dozen pantheons would be more heavy-handed, I think. Your stories are full of people spiting the gods; how does that end for them? How do they react even to imagined slights? Do you think that you can convert your people before the gods catch wind of it? You say that you're already building temples; you may already be doomed."

Nodding to Merlin, he says "You may be surprised to learn that I feel your idea has the best chance of success, brother. Those primal spirits are strong. Many rival or even surpass the gods themselves. My worries are that the most powerful among them may not be plentiful enough to truly threaten the gods, and that they may not be so easy to command as you imply. Spirits such as those are even more capricious than the gods, and could wind up doing as much harm as good. I would recommend rousing them only in tandem with another plan of action; they would make a spectacular distraction so that the Romans can steal away power from the gods unnoticed, or so that the Spartans might march on a foe already weakened. Come to think of it, none of these plans are mutually exclusive."

To Kazui, Adam says "Your people must have very talented magicians to accomplish so much, so quickly. Most of the things you're describing will take decades of heavy labor, and provide little or no benefit until they've been completed. No offense intended to the pro-consul or his people, but I doubt even the Romans have the wealth, architects, and mages to do as you say before the task becomes futile and the evils are upon them."

Finally, he addresses Azon, saying "Very good points regarding the death of gods. They die only rarely, and I really don't know how their mantles pass."

DrK
2017-03-17, 05:50 PM
The conversation is interrupted as another guest arrives. The conch shells announcing the arrival of the strange looking atlantean contingent. the honour guard of triton guard in strange coral and shark scale armour, each with a finned helm and bearing tridents and nets look exotic and wild and from dealings with them they are. More than a few of the guards waiting outside the ring of stones have glistening scales that suggest the legs they walk are only temporary bestowed upon them and when they return to their boats many of those warriors will be swimming in the water by the boats.

Leading the way is a man several of you recognise. Prince Oceanus of Atlantis. He looks like a prime specimen ofa human, save for the scales covering his legs and his long flowing hair that constantly flows and drips sea water behind him. He raises his flickering golden trident in a salute as he is bowed into the the centre of the stones. A pair of retainers bearing a massive clamshell that you suppose must weight a couple of hundredweights by the way they are struggling under its weight.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/24/8e/70/248e707a555ccf3ffe0af0a8d85361ad.jpg

His voice when he speaks is deep and melodious. "Greetings from the great Ocean and the jewel that is Atlantis. Has it come to this that we hide from the Gods and plot their demise?"

You can't oin it down but something seems "off" with the Atlantean Prince.

Mai
2017-03-17, 08:48 PM
Kazui sighs softly. ”Yes you are right in part. My people are no more than average, most of the difference is cultural and whatnot. I see the point that shelters like that would take too much time, at least without magic. That said I still believe advisors and whatnot should create plans. At the very least the people should know what to do if something happens. Regardless, that issue is besides the point.” Kazui smiles slightly after a moment.

Unless DrK rules she would have no knowledge of this magic item she will say the following. (given the amount she has on her I’d say she has some experience magic item shopping, and we all epic characters with experience with magic items…)So if it seems reasonable to DrK, Kazui says the following:

[Color=gold]”But in truth it’s much simpler than that. While doing some shopping in some cities and whatnot I have come across something called a ‘'Lyre of Building’ which, while being played, can construct objects in a mere half hour with the equivalent of 100 humans working 3 solid days. Considering this and the item’s relative cheapness compared to things like powerful magical weapons and such, a single hard or skilled lyre player could construct such a shelter in an hour tops. Even if construction supplies are a problem and magic won’t generate them, merely building trenches in the earth and fortifications from natural rock could easily provide defensible places. Mind you it won’t stop a deity, but it could easily slow down a horde of undead or lesser beasts.

Kazui gives Daku an anxious sigh before continuing. ”And… being a cleric myself… I feel the need to mention that the deities in Olympus could just start summoning celestial beings. If they foresee your attack in a mere 10 minutes before it happens now you are dealing with actions and likewise as well. Even if 300 men could take the deities….if they summon anything you are probably outnumbered 20 to 1 if each deities does so. If I can summon powerful beings like that, I wonder what true deities could call forth.” Kazui, being a cleric, and being granted her power from divine beings, perhaps has more knowledge of divine power than some others. She prays the gods cease this.

But practically before she can lose herself in her thoughts, the atlanteans arrive. Again… Armies… again…. Emotionally charged situation. What happens if this turns into a brawl with so many soldiers here? Oceanus brings out an odd uncertainty. What is going on? He doesn’t feel right…. And even without that feeling he seems a bit creepy. I… what is he? A markets in perhaps based on the legs? But then why does he seem so… wrong in a way I can’t describe. Even without this feeling something is creepy about him. The hair partly. It waves around unlike he’s swimming underwater, and drips… But… perhaps it’s the color combined with the movement and it just falls into the uncanny valley. But with the feeling Kazui is just creeped out and disconcerted. And the shell… Why bring it? Is it full of seawater and he needs contact with the sea ever so often? She feels deeply sorry for those carrying it. And then the trident… It looks like it would be great for snagging a blade with, if you twist while it’s between the prongs, but the prongs are shaped oddly, or so she feels. It’s not the magical nature, she has enchanted weapons on her person, but the shape of the trident adds to the creepy factor. All that with that guy feeling thrown in and she wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole, which is good because she doesn’t have one.

On the outside, she performs a small seated bow as a show of respect, and focuses on not letting her wariness of him show. ”I don’t think that’s quite the flavor of this meeting, and nothing has been decided yet as far as the meeting goes. But doesn’t the situation call for a meeting? This could easily be classed as a world wide disaster. At any rate, I am Kessho, Kazui.”

[roll0]
Spot

[roll1]
Listen

[roll2]
Sense Motive: Oceanus

[roll3]
Diplomacy, just in case you want one.

[roll4]
Bluff, again, just in case you want one.

I mostly only do this for think I figure you could conceivably want a roll for. If you don’t fell like I’m actually trying to persuade him or whatnot, then no need to use it. But if you do, there it is handy and ready. Bluff is something I doubt will come into play, as I doubt now’s generally use sense motive and such on PC’s, but I don’t know you as a DM when it comes to these things so I’ll err on side of caution. If it’s not needed, then I only wasted 2 seconds, if it is, it could hold us up if I didn’t take that 2 seconds of precaution.

Griff_Goodbeard
2017-03-22, 08:10 AM
"The age of chaos, and arrogance in the face of the natural order is upon us, Ocean Lord." Azon says, his azure eyes flaring. He'd not met the prince before nor been to Atlantis, he abhorred the ocean himself, but had heard tales of the great city and had respect for its ruler. He nodded to the prince in a seated bow. "I am Azon-emhat, child of the Nile, servant of the pharaoh and bringer of law. These dire circumstances have indeed brought us to this, prince. We were just discussing how best to deal with this threat to the world."

Lyndworm
2017-03-25, 05:29 PM
"Well said, all." Says Adam, nodding to Azon. "You are right that a few of us have already suggested that our best course of action is to bring down the gods," He says to the Atlantean prince. "But there are also those among us with reservations. In any case, we all agree that something needs to be done. Where do you stand on the matter?"

DrK
2017-03-28, 03:03 PM
The Atlantean Prince nods, before motioning at the cushioned clamshell carried by his retainers. "I have some ideas noble Lord of the Desert. Here let me show you..." as the clamshell opens you can all see a massive pearl the size of man's head sitting inside the shell. As you see it the swirling opalescent colours on it shimmer and twist before the pearl explodes outwards in a shimmering pulse of light. Inside the ring of stones lightning flashes, smoke rises and the largest of the stones shatters, both Merlina nd Boudica screaming in horror as with a rippling and devastating pulse of magical energy the trapped pearl brought within the ring of stones disrupts the ritual. THe wave of magical backlash flows outwards as you can see the chanting druids falling - some exploding into bloody ruin, others strong enough to merely collapse into a stupour as the wave of light hits the purple clouds above and ragged holes appear in them.

As the dark power glows within the massive 40ft tall wicker men outside the circle the Atleantean Prince shouts over the storm, the screams and the growing shouts and chaos from the various soldiers and retainers outside the circles - "You cannt fight the Gods. You must bow down to them. Even now we of Atlantis have realised this and we will be exalted above all!" His skin shimmers and the magical power flares in his trident as he readies to fight!

Need initiatives in the OOC thread please or IC thread with some descrption of your reaction to the sudden breaking of the ritual

In the circle there is the Atlantean Prince and 2 guards

OUtside the stones there are 4 40ft tall animated wickermen now looking "EVIL" and a lot of lesser guards from the various factions that will soon fight

Griff_Goodbeard
2017-03-30, 09:33 AM
"Traitor! COWARD!" Azon spits, eyes flashing. "You will pay for this betrayal." He says, grasping his staff and rising from his chair.

Initiative: [roll0]

Mai
2017-04-02, 03:57 PM
So this spell had no components as written in this book but complete divine? Has verbal and somatic, but it only works for druids. (I hate multiple books pulling this crisp.) so if you deem it has verbal and somatic components as the other does, well that's what I expect and it doesn’t matter much.

Brilliant Aura
(Spell Compendium, p. 39)

Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard Variant 7, Cleric 8, Druid 8,
Components:
Target: Weapons carried by one creature/2 levels, no two of which are more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Taking fresh insight from contemplation of light, you cast the spell and set your allies aglow with white brilliance.
This spell functions like brilliant blade (see below), except as noted here, and that all weapons of the subject creatures gain the brilliant energy special ability.

Summary: She takes a standard action to cast the above spell, then a free to grab her twin Like I, Disk and Dawn from her twin gloves of storing. She then takes her move to move 60 feet up. (Perfect maneuverability allows her to do this.)

So yay, everyone (including me because she was still carrying weapons [just shrunken by dual gloves of storing]) now has brilliant energy weapons for 20 rounds. :3

Unless I am mistaken, in which case I would happily fix most post. (Remember I’m a newbie) Also as far as I am aware, I don't have to stay within 30 feet of you all, just be when casting. It should apply to 10 people, so that's all PCs (and npc Daku) and Boudica, Merlin, the Spartan.

Kazui is momentarily startled, but wasn’t truly surprised. So this is why. This is why I sensed something. She fights back rage as druids and men fall to the blade, some dazed or stunned but many dead. This was, perhaps, one of the most dishonorable displays she had ever seen. She glared and bites her tongue for a moment. ”There were innocent people here,people just following orders.” Kazui’s silver sclera and purple irises became still clearer as her pupils became thin slits. There was no point in hiding her wings, surely the burst had moved her cloak aside exposed them, so she unfurled them, revelling Draconic silver wings bearing the silver dragon’s nature 2 thumbs/claws. She didn’t delude herself, this wasn’t cowardice. He hadn’t removed the biggest threats, he had merely killed many innocents and disrupted ritual. If it had been he would have launched an attack against them not those out there. She moved and cast a spell. There was about to be hell. With a flick of her wrists her dual kukri Dawn and Dusk appeared in her hands and with a flap of her wings she took off, moving 60 feet into the air.

Lyndworm
2017-04-02, 05:17 PM
Adam recoils as the wave of destructive energy flows over him. Recovering more quickly than he would have wagered at his age, he shouts "Kapmek! To me!" Adam backs away from the Atlantean entourage as quickly as he can manage, seeming to back up an invisible flight of stairs. His staff still in one hand, Adam raises the other towards Oceanus. One knotted finger pointed at the prince, he calls out "Bato sibat!"

As the last syllable hisses from between Adam's teeth, an immense sandstone spike erupts from the ground just behind Oceanus. The stalagmite rushes towards his heart, attempting to run him through.

I've decided against area effects for the time being. Could we get a rough number on distances and such? I should definitely have asked when I rolled initiative, but there's no point slowing the game down to doublecheck. My bad. :smallredface: If it helps, the real-world stonehenge circle is about 100ft across (bigger than I thought before I looked it up).

Actions:
Free action to call to Kapmek, though he's pretty likely to be on his way (or will be when his initiative comes around) due to the commotion.

Move action to airwalk ~20ft diagonally, up and directly away from the enemy group (continuous effect of cloudwalker anklets).

Standard action to cast enhanced sudden stalagmite, targeting the Atlantean prince. The spell creates a stone spike about one foot wide and ten feet long, rising from the ground to potentially impale the target. Reflex half, DC 23.

Piercing Damage (DR applies):
[roll0]

If the prince fails his save, he is impaled and cannot move from his position unless he makes a DC 15 Escape Artist check or breaks free with a DC 25 Strength check. Breaking the stalagmite like this deals 3d6 points of slashing damage. The stalagmite is made of real, permanent stone and can be removed in other ways, such as a stone shape spell.

Adam Canavar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1085896)
Male Neutral Good Human Druid 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 4/Arcane Heirophant 14, Level 24, Init +11, HP 232/232, Speed 40ft
AC 28 (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +5 Deflect, +5 Natural), Touch 17, Flat-footed 26, Fort 22, Ref 16, Will 29, Base Attack Bonus +15/+10/+5
+1 Warning / +1 Runestaff of the Architect +18/+13/+8 (1d6+3/1d6+2, 20/x2)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 28, Wis 28, Cha 18
Condition Endure Elements (24 hours), Mass Snowshoes (21 hours), Superior Resistance (24 hours), Greater Mage Armor (21 hours), Mind Blank (24 hours), Moment of Prescience (21 hours)

His runestaff of the architect allows Adam to cast any of the following spells (each three times per day) by expending a prepared arcane spell of the same level or higher.

Move Earth (6th) 0/3
Stone Shape (4th) 0/3
Wall of Stone(5th) 0/3
Wood Shape (2nd) 0/3

Kapmek (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1087343)
Male True Neutral Dire Bear Animal Companion 9/Familiar 17, Level 18, Init +6, HP 273/273, Speed 50ft
AC 43 (+6 Armor, +6 Dex, -1 Size, +22 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 37, Fort 24, Ref 23, Will 17, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2
+5 Claws +32 (2d6+20, 20/x2)
+5 Bite +29 (3d8+12, 20/x2)
Abilities Str 40, Dex 22, Con 25, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10
Condition Endure Elements (24 hours), Mass Snowshoes (21 hours), Superior Resistance (24 hours), Greater Mage Armor (21 hours), Mind Blank (24 hours), Moment of Prescience (21 hours)

BelGareth
2017-04-05, 02:55 PM
Leofric recoils by the sudden outburst of magical power.

It almost surprised him that someone would do it, but it was also a welcoming distraction, he was getting annoyed by the pinning of these idiots. At least now he had a target to concentrate his fury upon.

He leapt up, drawing his massive axe from his back as he did so, and leapt at the prince, chopping down with a single motion.

Move to prince, and attack

[roll0]
[roll1]

DrK
2017-04-09, 10:10 AM
Inside the ring mayhem breaks out! Adam steps back from the table and Atlanteans as a massive spear of stone rips from the ground tearing a bloody gouge in the atlantean prince but not quite impaling him, before seconds later Leofric is upon him, axe hewing down drawing blood. Kazaui rockets skwyards on wings shedding a golden aura illuminating her allies weapons. Behind the table Merlin begins to intone powerful words as a swirling storm towerr begins to form around him and Boudica. THe spartan prince leaps atop the table, his spear flying true and vanishing blade deep into one of the Atlantean retainers who cries out with pain!

The Atlanetan retainers both step forward to flank the angry axe swinging viking, tridents of shimmering riverine materialising in their hands as they lunge and stab at the Viking! THe Prince steps back, sliding away before releasing a crackling storm of lightning that crackles and leaps from person to person igniting Leofric, Kazaui and Azon and the others around the table! As he steps back he crackles with power, his own magnificent trident of shimmering water and magical froce appearing in muscular hands.

Retainers: 5ft to flank the viking; Both attack with Divine surge
Both Enter THicket of Blades: Leofric is in difficult terrain so can't 5ft step after the prince
[roll0] dam [roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3] dam [roll4] + [roll5]

Prince Empowered chain lightning vs Leofric [roll6] x 1.5 vs Ref DC 23
-- Half damage to the rest Ref DC23 for a further half

Swift: Quickened divine power

go go party and I'll sort order later

BelGareth
2017-04-11, 11:11 AM
Anger.

Pain.

RAGE.

It all bubbled over, as if the measures in place fell swiftly to the onslaught that was the powerful emotion and strength of thought.

Someone.

Something must pay.

Leofric suddenly screamed, both arms to his side as the veins in his head nearly popped, his muscles bulged and he seemed to be bigger. Foam formed in his mouth, as his eyes bulged and wildly veered towards the closest killable thing.

He swung his axe with with abandon, leaving his own defenses lower in his insatiable state to kill something.

Both attacks miss.
[roll0] vs DC 23 for 44 lightning damage or 88 on fail.

Rage & Frenzy
Full attack adjacent target, if one is dropped, I have Mighty/supreme cleave, if second is dropped, 5ft step towards the prince.
-4 to PA

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7] Nat 1, auto miss
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]

[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]

Leofric (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1086208)
AC: 37
Touch: 17
FF: 29
HP's: 478/426
Non-lethal damage: 2
Effects: Rage (14/14), Frenzy (12/12)

Griff_Goodbeard
2017-04-11, 11:51 PM
Azon's eyes flash brightly and the large bald man looks at the traitor with contempt. In an instant the staff he had held was replaced with a large, broad bladed falchion. A pulsing red corona erupts from him as he glides toward the Prince on what seems like a cushion of air.

Lighting arcs toward him and he twists through the air, avoiding the worst of it. Flames burst forth from his shoulders, and dance around him as a cloak would, crackling as he flys toward his target. He clasps both hands on the weapon and lightning erupts from his hands electrifying it as he draws it over his shoulder and swings it in a broad arc at the Prince, determined to take his head.

Free- retrieve weapon from glove of storing
Free- activate Incarnum radiance, +5 attack for myself and any LN allies w/in 30'
Move- Move around guards to Prince Oceanus, flying a few inches off the ground to avoid any difficult terrain
Standard- Attack Prince (-5 attack/+10 damage- power attack)
Attack: [roll0]
If critical: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] electricity
Critical damage if applicable Damage: [roll4]

Current status
HP: 345/360
AC: 44 (41 FF/19 Touch)
SR: 31
3d6 fire to anyone striking me
Speed 60ft. fly

Essentia allocation:
Mantle of Flame-2/6
Airstep Sandles- 6/7
Bluesteel Bracers- 8/8
Incarnate Avatar- 8/8
Incarnate Weapon- 0/7
Vitality Belt- 0/6
Lightning Gauntlets- 7/7
Mage's Spectacles- 0/6
Spell ward shirt- 7/7
Keen eye lenses- 0/6

Mai
2017-04-11, 11:54 PM
Kazui eyes the atlanteans fiercely. This whole debacle displeased her. Lord knew she was uptight and emotional enough about the betray or the God(s/esses) the things outside the area screamed evil but the Prince and his men were major threats. For the moment she would trust in the men outside to take them down (or at least start the process) and protect the druids. But going for them with the prince here sabotaging all efforts would not be wise. Kazui tensed as the lightning struck her. She had managed to dodge the brunt of it but she still felt it. She could feel the pain, no doubt she had some electrical burns across her body, but she’d had far worse.

She digs deep and moved with alarming speed (movement as a swift action, see OoC) towards the atlantean prince. Dusk and Dawn, her blades, glint softly in the light as she streaks downward, blades at the ready. As soon as her feet touch ground beside the Prince her wings are already folding and her blades get to work. In the time it takes for a normal person to run and attack her blades dance through the air in 6 total attacks. A low, feline growl escapes her mouth as her all out offensive proceeds. Perhaps no one expected the cleric to be capable of such a feral thing. Certainly if her blades were claws she’d look like a mountain lion mailing someone.

Main Hand
[roll0]
Attack 1
[roll1] (1d4+dex+(+1))
[roll2] Fire
[roll3] Sonic
[roll4] Acid
[roll5] if evil
& 1 constitution damage

[roll6]
Attack 2
[roll7] (1d4+dex+(+1))
[roll8] Fire
[roll9] Sonic
[roll10] Acid
[roll11] if evil
& 1 constitution damage

[roll12]
Attack 3
[roll13] (1d4+dex+(+1))
[roll14] Fire
[roll15] Sonic
[roll16] Acid
[roll17] if evil
& 1 constitution damage

Off Hand
[roll18]
Attack 1
[roll19] (1d4+dex+(+1))
[roll20] Ice
[roll21] Sonic
[roll22] Acid
[roll23] if evil
& 1 constitution damage

[roll24]
Attack 2
[roll25] (1d4+dex+(+1))
[roll26] Ice
[roll27] Sonic
[roll28] Acid
[roll29] if evil
& 1 constitution damage

[roll30]
Attack 3
[roll31] (1d4+dex+(+1))
[roll32] Ice
[roll33] Sonic
[roll34] Acid
[roll35] if evil
& 1 constitution damage

Remember, Dusk & Dawn’s (the kukri) have a critical threat range of 15-20/x2 (the norm is 18-20 but they are keen) her dex mod is 8 and they are +1 weapons, if you don’t understand the explanation next to the weapon damage. They are holy hence the +2d6 if evil, and the acid and sonic come from combined crystals. I doubt they are undead so I didn’t include the 1d6 against undead, and as a note, they have ghost touch, though I doubt it will come up. But if he goes ethereal as an immediate or something it could be an issue.

In addition I have perfect two weapon fighting, hence all attacks are at -2 (already accounted for) and I can make as many off hand attacks as main hand attacks. Yes her bio has 4 attacks, I just realised epic bab bonuses don't hard extra attacks last week hence why I have 3 per hand above but 4 in her mythweaver’s sheet.

Kazui (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1086515)
Total HP: 216
Current HP: 216−22=194
AC: 39
Touch AC: 29
Flat Footed AC: 31
Fort Save: 19
Reflex Save: 25
Will Save: 25
Melee: +23/+18/+13
Ranged: +28/+23/+18
DR5/Magic
Immunity: Cold
Travel Devotion: 9/10 rounds remaining.

Current Stance: I didn’t specify at the first post or after so I assume none. If my character is assumed to be, Hunter’s Sense. (Her default stance in general)

I used the following to take a movement as a swift action. Since she is above them in the air and moving downward while flying is double speed, and perfect maneuverability allows for any angle, 120ft should be more than enough to get to him. Surely the Prince wasn’t more than 60 feet from them at the start

Lyndworm
2017-04-13, 12:59 AM
As the electricity leaps from person to person, Adam does his best to dart away from the arcs. Only a little worse for the wear, he again points a finger at the treacherous prince. "Byt slabym!" he shouts, and a crackling black bolt flies from his hand. As it fills the area with the scent of rot and age, the archdruid continues to move away from the attacking party.

Actions:
Standard action to cast ray of entropy, targeting Prince Oceanus.

Touch Attack:
[roll0]

If the ray lands then the prince takes a -4 penalty to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution for 22 minutes (no save).

Move action to continue moving up and away from the enemy group, ~20ft.

Male Neutral Good Human Druid 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 4/Arcane Heirophant 14, Level 24, Init +11, HP 210/232, Speed 40ft
AC 28 (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +5 Deflect, +5 Natural), Touch 17, Flat-footed 26, Fort 22, Ref 16, Will 29, Base Attack Bonus +15/+10/+5

His runestaff of the architect allows Adam to cast any of the following spells (each three times per day) by expending a prepared arcane spell of the same level or higher.

Move Earth (6th) 0/3
Stone Shape (4th) 0/3
Wall of Stone(5th) 0/3
Wood Shape (2nd) 0/3

Male True Neutral Dire Bear Animal Companion 9/Familiar 17, Level 18, Init +6, HP 273/273, Speed 50ft
AC 43 (+6 Armor, +6 Dex, -1 Size, +22 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 37, Fort 24, Ref 23, Will 17, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2

DrK
2017-04-24, 12:26 AM
Violence breaks out in the ancient circle as the various sides battle and the greatest heroes of the land swoop into action. Mai and Azon both using their speed to engage the Prince , Azon scoring a devastating blow that crackles with lightning over his scales. A beam of sickly grey hits him weakening him further.

With the two guards Leofric hews, chops and hacks at the nearest one striking him 3 times with horrific force but the tough trident wielding bodyguard does not fall though he looks near death. Both guards thrust again at Leofric, both attempting to release great waves of healing energy, one for himself, one for his prince.

Strike Righteous vitality w/smite [roll0] (+4 if can be flanked) dam [roll1]
heal Prince 150

Strike Righteous vitality w/smite [roll2] (+4 if can be flanked) dam [roll3]
heal guard 1 150

The Prince looks around, azure eyes gleaming as he is surrounded by May and Azon. Magic crackles around him. His trident gleams taking in a shimmering brilliant blue as he lashes out let and right striking at both assailants with devastating bows that crackle and flare with energy.

Swift: quicken brilliant blade (5 turn undeads)
Full attack! (Ignoring Nat AC, Armour and shield)
Azon [roll4] dam [roll5] plus [roll6] lightning
Mai [roll7] dam [roll8] plus [roll9] lightning
Azon [roll10] dam [roll11] plus [roll12] lightning
Mai [roll13] dam [roll14] plus [roll15] lightning
Azon [roll16] dam [roll17] plus [roll18] lightning

By the stones violence, the clash of steel and flare of fire and lightning marks te troops of men fighting as screaming and flashes of magic flare and begin. Merlin vanishes into the towering cloud of storms and thunder taking Boudica with him despite her screams of protest. The fat dwarf takes one look at the chaos and winks at you all before dimension dooring you suspect to his troops that have a ring around a tent and are pressed but fighting well. The young Spartan Prince turns in horror as one of the wickermen kicks a henge at him and steps into the northern edge of the ring. The other 3 divine infused wickermem wading through Celts and other mere mortals killing a half dozen with each strike of their massive fists.

Lyndworm
2017-04-25, 03:37 AM
Now where is that damned bear?

At Pleistarchus' scream, Adam moves his attention from the Atlantean party to the wickermen. He decides that his more physically inclined allies will have to handle the traitors on their own. The archdruid concentrates on his most powerful spell yet, chanting "Tumawag malaking hayop sa sunog!"

Actions:
Full round to cast summon elemental monolith, summoning a fire monolith behind the nearest wickerman, inside the circle.

I'll roll a preemptive Concentration check just in case Adam takes damage before finishing the spell.

Concentration:
[roll0]

Male Neutral Good Human Druid 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 4/Arcane Heirophant 14, Level 24, Init +11, HP 210/232, Speed 40ft

Move Earth (6th) 0/3
Stone Shape (4th) 0/3
Wall of Stone(5th) 0/3
Wood Shape (2nd) 0/3

AC 43 (+6 Armor, +6 Dex, -1 Size, +22 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 37, Fort 24, Ref 23, Will 17, Base Attack Bonus +12

Fire Monolith
True Neutral Elemental Monolith (Fire), Level 36, Init +13, HP 378/378, DR 15/- Speed 60ft
AC 29 (+9 Dex, -4 Size, +14 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, Fort 20, Ref 29, Will 16, Base Attack Bonus +27
2 Slams +35 (6d6+11 plus 4d6 Fire, 19-20/x2)
Abilities Str 32, Dex 29, Con 22, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 17
Condition Darkvision 60ft, elemental traits, immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold

Burn (Ex) A fire monolith's slam attack deals bludgeoning damage plus fire damage because of the creature's flaming body. Anyone hit by a fire monolith's slam attack must succeed on a DC 34 Reflex save or catch on fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. Unless it is still in contact with the fire monolith, a burning creature can take a move action to put out the flames. The save DC is Constitution-based. Creatures that hit a fire monolith with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the monolith's attack, and also catch on fire unless they succeed on a DC 34 Reflex save.

Mai
2017-04-28, 09:29 PM
Kazui, having assumed the druids and their guards could stand is dismayed by the casualties. A harsh choice lies here. She could abandon this fight with the Prince and help them, or press on. Clearly the noble warriors here will not rest until I their blades are sheathed in the prince's blood. Her outrage, at the cost of life from this display is only heightened. She must save as many as she can. As the Prince moves to attack a strange command comes from her mouth and her form grows partially hazy. It’s clear she is stuck between paths. Her jaw sets in a grim expression, visibly torn, and then she’s off, much to her own distaste, she imagines he’s probably rapidly breaking into a smirk, though she can’t see too clearly. She can’t let those things rip apart countless people. It’s visibly painful for her but she pulls back, taking a blow from his spear, which leaves her wounded and with electric burns. Despite knowing her duty is to save as many lives as she can, which means taking on the evil wicker men who are massacring people, she doesn’t leave Azon and Leofric unaided. She issues words and movements, issuing a healing spell upon them and other nearby allies, as many as she can.

[roll0]

Spontaneous cast cure spell, sacrificing a 7th spell slot, she loses her slot for greater scrying. (7th level slot)

This can hit 20 allies no more than 30 feet from one to another. That's Kazui, Azon, and Leofric, as well as any random (most important first) npc’s in that range you feel are hurt I guess. I don’t think the druid/wizard is in that range? I hope so but I’m not sure what exactly 30 feet from one another means, if it was a 30ft radius they’d have just said that, so I’m assuming it’s like chain lightning, just… healing.

Kazui takes flight, going 60 feet towards any one causing the most trouble at an angle into the air. Her duty calls her to save lives, even if she’d rather be stopping the one who brought this about. She couldn’t expect the druids to defend themselves and keep what was left of the purple clouds intact at the same time. She became a cleric for a reason, and that wasn’t vengeance. Still, the idea of the Prince, seeing her forced to leave her assault on him, pained her. But hopefully the others would get their due in his blood. What rankles worse still was Claudius, retreating. It was expected of him, and he knew that, for he winked. And it made Kazui all the more suspect. She’d question rather he was really the disgusting person he seemed or not later, if she survived. For now she had to put it from her mind, and try to stop the wickermen.

Kazui (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1086515)
Total HP: 216
Current HP: 194-45=149 (+above roll result)
AC: 39
Touch AC: 29
Flat Footed AC: 31
Fort Save: 19
Reflex Save: 25
Will Save: 25
Melee: +23/+18/+13
Ranged: +28/+23/+18
DR5/Magic
Immunity: Cold
Travel Devotion: 8/10 rounds remaining.
Blurring: 59/60 rounds remaining.

(Yay perfect maneuverability) (roughly a 45° angle? Just for a good round number, that would put her 30ft in the air and 39ft closer to one of the evil things out there murdering people. Note: not towards the same one that is about to be mailed by an elemental.

As for blurring, it lasts 10 minutes, or 60 rounds. (And can be reactivated any time.) which I guess is so that you can have it be essentially constant but look normal and non blurry while in town and such.

So I hate to, as this seems like a boss battle-type thing. But, this is an rpg and if I won’t play the role there is little point in being in a game. :3 no one wants to leave the biggest baddy to take on the minions, but, Kazui must save lives. :)

If you saw me post this a moment ago sorry for the delete repost. Aparently previewing something with a roll code in it means rolls can be made when you click "submit" dang it, why?

Edit: ohh that's why, previewing turns all codes into [roll0] even if they hadn't been rolled yet, gah! Sorry! I didn't know these things. :(

I don't want to keep doing this crap over things like that, would the next person roll a 3d8+20 for me? So I don't have to repost. Thankfully that's my only roll, as blurring was rolled in the OoC topic, (in which a similar issue happened, I posted and forgot to roll and so had to repost I understand and am glad that rolls are permanent, not that I'd want to cheat (it ruins all fun) but the side effects. At least now I know never to hit preview, and will need to not be so scatterbrained as to forget to roll.

BelGareth
2017-05-18, 11:09 AM
Leofric gets his twice, but barely acknowledges the hits, they minor, inconsequential to him.

His eyes focused focused, and his mad frothy anger seemed to quell, and then, he unleashed it in a torrent of blows and attacks, his fearful mien bubbling out.

Both attacks hit

Rage & Frenzy
Full attack adjacent target, if one is dropped, I have Mighty/supreme cleave, if second is dropped, 5ft step towards the prince.
-5 to PA

Terrifying Rage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#terrifyingRage): Will save vs [roll0] or become panicked (if it has HD less than your character level) or shaken (if it has HD equal to or up to twice your character level) for [roll1] rounds.

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

Leofric (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1086208)
AC: 37
Touch: 17
FF: 29
HP's: 435/426
Non-lethal damage: 4
Effects: Rage (13/14), Frenzy (11/12), Ironward diamond (40/50)