PDA

View Full Version : Construct Grafts

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-25, 12:19 AM
Some times, pieces of golems are made and attached to humanoids. Alot of the time it drives them mad, and into vicious half-golems. Some other time, however, grafts are made in ways that do not concede madness. Construct grafts follow all the same rules as other grafts unless noted otherwise.

Clockwork Arm
This mechanical arm is made up of many cogs ranging from centimeteres to several inches across and are often encased in solid metals such as iron or steel. Some grafts can be etched with silver or gold if the buyer so chooses. Clockwork arms are treated as having a strength score 4 above the normal bearer's regular strength score, such as Str checks to bash down doors or attack rolls made with the arm. The arm also grants a natural slam attack that deals 1d4 damage for medium creatures(and more or less depending on the bearers size). The arm also gives the bearer a +1 shield bonus to Armor Class if not attacking using that arm in the same round. The slam attack and shield bonus are both treated as masterwork, so they may be enhanced as normal weapons or shields, but only separately.
Prerequisite: Graft Flesh; Market Price: 12,450 gp.

Golem Visor
This metal plate replaces the eyes and sockets of the bearer and is bolted right to the skull. The visor itself consists of a metal plate with a slit running vertically along it, or with two holes, or however the designer so chooses to make it. The person attaining this graft is granted permenant Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision, but suffer a -2 to search and spot checks and the wearer cannot close his eyes if he wants to.
Prerequisite: Graft Flesh; darkvision; Market Price: 18,000 gp.

Jaws of Death
This contraption, similar to the construction of a bear-trap replaces the upper and lower jaws. They can either be built to hide under the lips and skin, or over them. These jaws grant the bearer a natural bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage(or more or less depending on the bearers size) and are considered masterwork. These jaws can be enhanced just as a weapon can. These jaws also provide a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks to all who can see your jaws.
Prerequisite: Graft Flesh; Market Price: 11,300 gp.

--

These are what I've come up with so far. The arm's likely been done a million times before, but I thought I'd contribute my idea.

Ghal Marak
2007-07-25, 12:49 AM
Sounds awesome to me. :smallbiggrin:

But I can barely tell if something is spot on or unbalanced mechanically, so don't take my word on it. :smallfrown:

Nevermind
2007-07-25, 02:07 AM
I like this. One of my friends ran a game where I was brutally mutilated and lost all but one leg, but they were soon replaced with clockwork grafts, and I was obsessed with clockwork ever since.

Clockwork is the best stuff EVAR!!!

Triaxx
2007-07-25, 05:56 AM
I'm having a vision. The mighty Wizard Geordi laForge. I love it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-25, 08:11 PM
I'm having a vision. The mighty Wizard Geordi laForge. I love it.

Ha! I never even made that connection.:smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2007-07-25, 09:27 PM
Maybe, in addition to visor, a Clockwork Eye? Plus we could get Clockwork Legs, including upgraded speed and possibly some form of kick, maybe a pair of clockwork hands, a la Inspector Gadget, that count as masterwork crafting tools, or Clockwork Hair that senses magic, or Clockwork Nails that enable you to deflect logic, or - ok, you can tell I like this idea bunches.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-25, 10:13 PM
Added Jaws of Death.

Nevermind
2007-07-25, 10:34 PM
Clockwork hands: Because Thief's Tools are sooooo slow.

Jimmy Discordia
2007-07-26, 07:54 PM
How about a clockwork heart? Maybe it doesn't make too much sense, but that doesn't matter. A WIZARD DID IT!

Seriously, though, these are some cool ideas for an "any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology" sort of campaign.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-26, 09:00 PM
Reminds me of the Half-Golem Template.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-26, 09:29 PM
Reminds me of the Half-Golem Template.

Yes, they were mentioned in the original post.

Grenadier
2007-07-27, 01:23 AM
Maybe, in addition to visor, a Clockwork Eye? Plus we could get Clockwork Legs, including upgraded speed and possibly some form of kick, maybe a pair of clockwork hands, a la Inspector Gadget, that count as masterwork crafting tools, or Clockwork Hair that senses magic, or Clockwork Nails that enable you to deflect logic, or - ok, you can tell I like this idea bunches.

Wow, man. Please tell me you're being sarcastic. You know what clockwork is, right? Most of your suggestions aren't even POSSIBLE. It doesn't need to be clockwork if it doesn't move.

Ridiculous suggestion aside, awesome stuff you got there, Krimm (I already told you, but it needs re-telling). I guess that's another feat I'm gunna have to give my artificer..

Matthew
2007-07-31, 08:51 PM
Heh, this stuff is great. Maybe you should have Warforged Grafts as well (or do they already exist?)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-31, 09:01 PM
Heh, this stuff is great. Maybe you should have Warforged Grafts as well (or do they already exist?)

If I recall correctly, they're in Faiths of Eberron.

Matthew
2007-07-31, 09:05 PM
Ah yes, Construct Grafts, p. 156. Well remembered.