PDA

View Full Version : Core 3.5 class/race optimisation

Haytch
2017-03-07, 12:39 PM
Hey there,

What would you say would be the best class/race/feat combo using just players handbook 1, including some detail about rank inputs, skill selection ect...

Telonius
2017-03-07, 12:55 PM
With literally just PHB1? Wizard 20; best race is probably Human because of the feat. Cleric 20 is a close contender. Druid would usually be up in the running, but since all of the wild shapes are based on MM1 creatures Druid loses out. None of the melee come close, since the magic items are in the DMG.

Haytch
2017-03-07, 12:57 PM
With literally just PHB1? Wizard 20; best race is probably Human because of the feat. Cleric 20 is a close contender. Druid would usually be up in the running, but since all of the wild shapes are based on MM1 creatures Druid loses out. None of the melee come close, since the magic items are in the DMG.

Sorry, I made a mistake, using PH1, DMG, and MM1.

Vizzerdrix
2017-03-07, 01:04 PM
Human druid 20. Max out concentration and spellcraft and put a smattering in skills based on the campaign (you dont need swim in a desert) and pay the propper feat taxes asap but otherwise do whatever feels right. Just make sure you wis and con are the highest stats you have.

eggynack
2017-03-07, 01:10 PM
Dwarf may be better at higher levels. Druids don't have that many particularly worthwhile feats in core. The big utility gain is that you get augment summoning early, and after that I guess you're picking up improved initiative at 3rd instead of 9th. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but dwarf stuff is arguably worth that six level initiative hit. Also, I'd add knowledge (nature) to the list of skills. It's arguably how you gain familiarity with wild shape forms, and knowledges are always pretty nice, especially when they're monster identification knowledges.

Troacctid
2017-03-07, 01:43 PM
And definitely Deep Dwarf, not Mountain Dwarf! It's basically a free upgrade.