PDA

View Full Version : Things to do with unlimited uses of Rage

ATHATH
2017-03-08, 11:19 AM
The gutworm (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/detail/Gutworm) allows a character to Rage as a Barbarian pretty much at-will, without suffering any form of fatigue (well, you suffer fatigue after less activity than normal (8 hours), but that's not caused by the Rage(s)).

What can we do with this? Are there any abilities that trigger upon entering or leaving a Rage? Are there any abilities that can only be used a limited number of times per Rage?

3.PF, because why not. Do mark what edition your suggestions/submissions come from, though.

Zaq
2017-03-08, 11:31 AM
The obvious trick seems to be good old Barbarian Celerity, which is of course Intimidating Rage (CWar) + Imperious Command (DotU) + Instantaneous Rage (CWar, if the gutworm works with it) + that piece that lets Instantaneous Rage affect more than one target, which has slipped my mind at the moment.

Mad Foam Rager (PHB2) isn't always an amazing use of a feat, but it does only work 1/rage, so this trick will get significantly more uses than normal.

All of this is 3.5, not PF.

flappeercraft
2017-03-08, 11:32 AM
Pretty useful for combat, increasing carrying capacity, breaking objects, going and being the "Rogue" of your team by just tanking the traps and useful for things such as climbing or swimming.

Edit: Also I don't think that you're allowed on using links from that website although I might be wrong. Just a heads up

The Viscount
2017-03-08, 02:42 PM
Blazing Berserker and Frozen Berserker give the Fire and Cold subtypes, so both of them would give 2 energy immunities.

barakaka
2017-03-08, 10:41 PM
Raging Luck for spam-able Action Points. I can attest to the power of Unearthed Arcana's version of Action Points.

Venger
2017-03-08, 11:45 PM
The obvious trick seems to be good old Barbarian Celerity, which is of course Intimidating Rage (CWar) + Imperious Command (DotU) + Instantaneous Rage (CWar, if the gutworm works with it) + that piece that lets Instantaneous Rage affect more than one target, which has slipped my mind at the moment.

Mad Foam Rager (PHB2) isn't always an amazing use of a feat, but it does only work 1/rage, so this trick will get significantly more uses than normal.

All of this is 3.5, not PF.
Clever tricks all around.

I confess, I'm confused when you mention instantaneous rage affecting more than one target. Is there some kind of effect that lets you inspire rage in others?

Or did you maybe mean intimidating rage, and the thing you're thinking of is the never outnumbered skilltrick that lets you scare everyone within 10 feet?

take bear warrior (cwar) and be a bear all the time

Particle_Man
2017-03-09, 01:09 AM
If Pathfinder barbarian rage powers are allowed, many of them do cool things "once per rage". If you can go in and out of rage as often as you like, this allows for multiple uses of those rage powers.

Crake
2017-03-09, 01:27 AM
Worth noting that without any actual levels in barbarian, you don't meet the prerequisites of having a barbarbian rage, so you can't actually get feats like intimidating rage and all that.

Also, if it functions like a barbarian rage, one would presume this also means that it's 1 rage/encounter, otherwise there would be no point in specifying the duration.

Mixing pf and 3.5 in this circumstance, considering how different the rage ability is in the two systems, probably wouldn't work well.