PDA

View Full Version : Best PF Dragon Shaman

TeeHee
2017-03-08, 04:12 PM
Hello,

I am hoping to convert a 3.5 game to PF, and two of my players are a rogue and a ranger while the third is a dragon shaman. None are particularly optimized. The ranger and rogue will just remake their characters into the PF version of themselves, but does anyone know of any Dragon Shaman conversions that are pretty well-balanced compared to PF rogue and rangers? If you could link them to me that would be superb.
I would prefer to keep the PF version as close as possible to the 3.5 version, but I am willing to compromise and the player probably doesn't care about losing much besides the breath weapon.
Thanks!

Psyren
2017-03-08, 04:16 PM
I don't know if someone else has done one, but I would personally gestalt Dragon Shaman and Dragonfire Adept into one class and then port that to PF.

Caelestion
2017-03-08, 04:35 PM
I ran across a conversion of the Dragon Shaman on the Paizo forum by someone with the screen name Master Arminas, which I then edited myself to beef up a bit.

This was the resulting effort (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WWS6_8pg2sSmViQ3pVVlpYMVk).

Grod_The_Giant
2017-03-08, 04:38 PM
Just update the skill list and use it as-is?

Psyren
2017-03-08, 04:50 PM
I'd be comfortable using DFA as-is, but DS has weak class features even for by 3.5 standards. (Non-casting obviously)

Pyromancer999
2017-03-09, 08:27 AM
Draconic Bloodline Bloodrager should do it, as long as you don't mind not having a breath weapon before 8th level. Can also go Dragon Disciple and progress the bloodline abilities if that's not dragonlike enough.