PDA

View Full Version : Player Bases and Fortresses

mrguymiah
2017-03-08, 04:34 PM
What are some of your most memorable player bases and castles?

My Undead Sphere Arcanist used Creation, Alteration, and Enhancement to make herself a floating castle in the Negative Energy Plane. As far as has been discussed with the DM so far, I've not had an issues with the natives due to the fact they hunt the living and she's not. So things are working well so far.

As I sit here and draw up a map for it, though, I was curious; what has the wider community seen or built over the years.

Uncle Pine
2017-03-08, 05:11 PM
One of my players had a library/house carved inside an oak. The others liked to hang out there when they weren't on an adventure or spending time at their favourite Artificer NPC's place.

VoxRationis
2017-03-08, 09:32 PM
I was once in a game where we bought an inn and secretly dug out a basement room to line with lead as a divination-proof sanctum.

chainer1216
2017-03-09, 02:18 AM
I once played a low epic level demi-god druid, i started out with a giant floating whale with a monastic druid circle on top of it, i later expanded my property when we found an *ahem* "abandoned" mansion, i took it over and using my abilities in the span of an hour it was surrounded thick forrest for 5 miles on all sides, in less than a week i had awakened every tree there.

My DM was alittle distraught.

IcarusWulfe
2017-03-09, 12:52 PM
One of my favorite characters was an Artificer who used a ton of scrolls of Wall of Stoneand Fabricate to build a castle upon the remains of his old house, which had been destroyed due to various shenanigans. It included a Hydra golem named Hale, a launch pad, and rooms for all of my party members. It was a blast to design.