PDA

View Full Version : Artificer with Wild Talent

Bayar
2017-03-09, 02:32 PM
As part of a reward, my level 6 Artificer gained Wild Talent as a bonus feat. As she is focused on crafting and ranged attacks, how can I take advantage of this ? Or at least use it ?

Troacctid
2017-03-09, 02:38 PM
Take 15 on Concentration checks once per encounter.

Kremti
2017-03-09, 03:28 PM
So, if nothing else...there's a new use for concentration skill. Any psionic character can psionically fucus by making concentration check DC 20. That gives you a psionic focus, where, by expanding it, you can "take 15" on skills, even in combat.

Also, it opens up some options for feats. Psionic related. Some are such as "Psionic Weapon" It can add 2d6 to your melee weapon by expanding the psionic focus. There are also psionic shots for ranged attacks. And it should also open up an option to pick up psionic crafting feats, although, not exactly sure if it's any useful without having powers to craft with.

In Magic Item Compendium, I found Reach Gauntlet and Pendant of Joy, which use power points.

If Hidden Talent is accessible...then you get a level 1 power and there are some super useful ones...

-K

Darrin
2017-03-09, 04:26 PM
You can operate a Darklight (500 GP, Secrets of Sarlona p. 140). This allows you to switch between four different ambient light levels in a 80' radius as a free action.

There might be a few other psionic items that use PPs but don't require powers.

Duskwolf
2017-03-11, 09:43 AM
Assuming you have point blank shot, with a psionic focus you can take psionic shot which doubles your first range increment as long as you maintain your focus. For a range character this could be helpful. Another option includes minor metamorphosis.