PDA

View Full Version : So apparently I had cancer

Bhu
2017-03-09, 03:15 PM
As some of you may know I recently went in for surgery. I had a small precancerous mass and needed a resection done. It was expected to be fairly routine, and take maybe 2 hours.

I was on the table for 6 and required a blood transfusion. My colon had adhered to my spleen and needed to be separated...and there was a second mass that had gone unnoticed next to the first. It was a carcinoma. I then caught pneumonia. And a violent lunatic went off on a rampage in the ICU and had to be arrested.

Glad to be back :smallbiggrin:

Alent
2017-03-09, 03:39 PM
I was on the table for 6... And a violent lunatic went off on a rampage in the ICU and had to be arrested.

Ah, someone else who sleeps through all the good stuff! :smallwink:

Welcome back, grats on the early victory.

Flickerdart
2017-03-09, 03:46 PM
As some of you may know I recently went in for surgery. I had a small precancerous mass and needed a resection done. It was expected to be fairly routine, and take maybe 2 hours.

I was on the table for 6 and required a blood transfusion. My colon had adhered to my spleen and needed to be separated...and there was a second mass that had gone unnoticed next to the first. It was a carcinoma. I then caught pneumonia. And a violent lunatic went off on a rampage in the ICU and had to be arrested.

You must've gotten a pretty chunk of XP for kicking its butt.

enderlord99
2017-03-09, 10:11 PM
I then caught pneumonia

:smallfrown: That sucks. I've had it twice, it's awful.

Grand Arbiter
2017-03-09, 11:36 PM

At least they caught it and took care of it.

Glad to have you back Bhu, hopefully any remaining recovery goes well. :smallsmile:

factotum
2017-03-10, 02:20 AM
Good luck with your recovery!

khadgar567
2017-03-10, 07:31 AM
Good luck on recovery mate you are lucky that they found it in early stage

Bhu
2017-03-10, 01:19 PM
Guess I'm not out of woods yet. They took out lymph nodes as a precaution, and they're pathology report isn't done yet. So therre's a chance I'll need chemo :(

Alent
2017-03-10, 03:07 PM
Guess I'm not out of woods yet. They took out lymph nodes as a precaution, and they're pathology report isn't done yet. So therre's a chance I'll need chemo :(

Sounds like normal precautions. Good luck with the chemo, it can be pretty draining.

JNAProductions
2017-03-11, 09:09 PM
*Offers hugs*

Hope everything works out okay!

Bhu
2017-03-13, 06:33 PM
Wel life outside the ICU is interesting. Till further notice, no travel outside of town, no driving in town, no lifting more than 5 pounds, no bending, and must be on a limited residue diet that sucks for diabetes. Still got 44 staples in my abdomen, along with surgical tubing and sutures.

Anyone else got some recipe ideas for someone who temporarly has to obey both diabetic and low residue diet?

Bhu
2017-03-16, 06:13 PM
Cancer was Stage 1, lymph nodes seem ok. Will still be seeing oncologists as they are still doing some sort of testing.

Tiri
2017-03-17, 12:15 PM
You must've gotten a pretty chunk of XP for kicking its butt.

I think the doctors get that. Bhu is just the poor terrain that gets burnt, stabbed and shot by missed attacks during the battle.

Bhu
2017-03-27, 10:55 PM
Doc found a lump under my armpit today. I have a week for antibiotics to make it go poof, or I go back to the surgeon to have my lymph nodes biopsied. :smalleek:

Gonna be one of them years...

Bhu
2017-04-17, 07:51 PM
Good news today. No chemo, nothing else as long as tests come back ok.

I do however have anemia. Didn't see that one coming.

Bhu
2017-04-19, 10:03 PM
Tests did not come back ok :(

There is an unidentifiable mass in my upper left abdomen. A PET scan is in my immediate future.

danzibr
2017-04-20, 06:06 AM
Oh no :(

I wish you well.

JNAProductions
2017-04-20, 11:10 AM

There is an unidentifiable mass in my upper left abdomen. A PET scan is in my immediate future.

*Offers lots of hugs*

We're all hoping you'll be okay!

gooddragon1
2017-04-20, 12:07 PM
Good news today. No chemo, nothing else as long as tests come back ok.

I do however have anemia. Didn't see that one coming.

I too have anemia, but due to poor dietary choices. It's exhausting.

You know, any other time a PET is appreciated. Particularly a kitty. Kitties also appreciate petting. Unfortunately this is neither of those. Hopefully you recover from this.

druid91
2017-04-20, 06:14 PM
Just remember to tip the cats. Hopefully one is a catburglar and can bring their patron a cleric.

In seriousness though. Good luck dude.

NecroDancer
2017-04-21, 08:36 AM
Your stronger then I am.

Bhu
2017-04-25, 03:36 PM
Good news: The radiologist who reviewed my scan didnt know about my surgery and it turns out to be fibrous tissue clumping after surgery. May still get PET scan just in case.

Bad News: Just got diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. :smallfrown:

Ravens_cry
2017-04-25, 04:19 PM
Good news: The radiologist who reviewed my scan didnt know about my surgery and it turns out to be fibrous tissue clumping after surgery. May still get PET scan just in case.

Oh, for <expletive redacted/> sake! :smalleek:
Best hopes on getting it treated.

gooddragon1
2017-04-25, 11:41 PM

This back and forth you're going through reminds me of a verbal exchange on the Simpsons:
"The Frogurt is also cursed..." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krbl911ZPBA)

Bhu
2017-04-27, 07:24 PM
Holding onto the computer mouse is so annoying now.

JNAProductions
2017-04-27, 07:53 PM
Holding onto the computer mouse is so annoying now.

How you doing? We're worried about you, and all hope your recovery is going well.

Bhu
2017-04-29, 07:52 PM
How you doing? We're worried about you, and all hope your recovery is going well.

Recovering nicely. I'm getting a PET scan but thats to establish a baseline picture for future checkups. I now have a part time job as a security officer which is very trying. It's like herding small children who are on every drug known to man.