PDA

View Full Version : Build for max class level of 3?

pangoo209
2017-03-09, 03:21 PM
Like the title says, what would you run? The restriction on this is that your maximum level in any single class is 3. Plan for level 10. (meaning at least 4 classes)

Your stat array is 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8

Ruslan
2017-03-09, 03:38 PM
Paladin 2/Warlock 2/Sorcerer 3/Bard 3

Everything is Charisma-based, and more-or-less synergystic.

Sans.
2017-03-09, 03:40 PM
Ouch. V. human for sure. Str 15, +1 from V. human, Dex 10, Con 14, Wis 12, Int 8, Cha 13, +1 from V. human. Starting feat: it's a tossup, but I would say Tough, because this is gonna be a squishy gish build. Start with Fighter for Con saves and Dueling, then 2 levels of Paladin, getting Defense, then 3 levels of Draconic Sorcerer, another Paladin level and choose Vengance, and finally 3 levels of Fiend Warlock. You'll be going S&B, and smiting as often as you can.

EDIT: Swapping a level of Paladin for Fighter, because Action Surge, might be better.

Deadandamnation
2017-03-09, 03:44 PM
The Ambusher

VHuman 16 Dex, 13+ CHA (the other stats won't matter)

Feat: Lucky or Alertness

Rogue (Assassin) 3/Warrior (Battlemaster)3/ Paladin 2/Warlock 2

2D6 SA + 2d8 Smite + 1d8 Any manouver + 2D6 (two shortswords attacks) +6 From Dex.

Action Surge and repeat with AutoCrit on surprise round. Add Hex if you want.

Devil's Sight and Darkness on top.

Just a Nova PG ;)

Sans.
2017-03-09, 03:52 PM
The Ambusher

VHuman 16 Dex, 13+ CHA (the other stats won't matter)

Feat: Lucky or Alertness

Rogue (Assassin) 3/Warrior (Battlemaster)3/ Paladin 2/Warlock 2

2D6 SA + 2d8 Smite + 1d8 Any manouver + 2D6 (two shortswords attacks) +6 From Dex.

Action Surge and repeat with AutoCrit on surprise round. Add Hex if you want.

Devil's Sight and Darkness on top.

Just a Nova PG ;)

You need Str 13 to get out of Paladin.

Deadandamnation
2017-03-09, 03:54 PM
You need Str 13 to get out of Paladin.

Right, forget bout that...But it's viable anyway

Naanomi
2017-03-09, 04:06 PM
Eldritch Sniper:
V. Human
Rogue 3/Warlock 2/Sorcerer 3/Fighter 2
8/14/14/10/12/16
Fiend Patron, Assassin, Dragon Sorcerer (Element doesn't matter)
Expertise: Stealth, Intimidation
Metamagic: Distant, Quicken
Defensive Combat Style
Feat: Spell Sniper
Invocations: Eldritch Spear, Agonizing Blast

Wear Breast-Plate and Shield for AC: 18; getting temp HP from patron for additional defense
Eldritch Blast at extreme range doing two blasts 1d10+3 damage each, up to three castings per round, auto-critical surprise attacks

jas61292
2017-03-09, 05:47 PM
Hill Dwarf
Warlock 3 / Sorcerer 3 / Cleric (Nature) 1 / Wizard 1 / Bard 1 / Druid 1
8 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con, 14 Int, 14 Wis, 15 Cha

Ok, now hear me out on this one. This might look awful, but I actually think it is OK when you take into account the restrictions here. Second level spells frankly are not that great, and when you are this restricted, I'd actually rather have a ton of options than a few more second level spells. With this, you have every first level spell you could ever dream of having, and nearly all of them prepared all the time. You also have just about every cantrip you could ever want, including a dozen different offensive options so you can always pick what's right for the situation.

Obviously Warlock gives you refreshing spell slots, which is always nice, as well as invocations for whatever you want. It is always tempting to grab agonizing blast, but for this build I would probably prefer utility invocations, since you are all about having something for all situations. Since you probably know and have prepared any rituals you care about, I'd probably go pact of the chain, for a souped up familiar, which just adds more utility.

The Sorcerer levels are obviously for metamagic.

Nature Cleric gives you heavy armor, so you don't care about Dex, and being a dwarf means you don't care about strength for that armor either. Also it gives an extra cantrip which is nice.

And the rest of the levels are just there to pick up more spells and cantrips.

As a summary, with this you would have 4/3/3/1 spell slots per long rest plus 2 more second level per short rest. You know 17 cantrips, and will have 22 spells known/prepared at any given time. And that's not even counting invocations or unprepared wizard rituals.

Basically, if there is a way for a low level character to handle a situation with magic, you not only can do it, but you probably can do it right now.

JellyPooga
2017-03-09, 06:15 PM
Race: Half-Elf
Class:Thief Rogue 3/Barbarian 2/Fighter 2/Fiend Chain Warlock 3
Ability Scores: Str:13+1, Dex:14, Con:15+1, Int:8, Wis10, Cha:12+2

Skills, Spells, Rage, physicality, good all-round stats, decent damage from Sneak Attack and Rage, optional alpha strike potential with Action Surge; he's tough as nails and the only real weakness is Wisdom (proficieny in Int Saves from 1st level in Rogue). Not perfect, but I think it'd be fun to play.

Callin
2017-03-09, 07:11 PM
Half Elf

15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 = Str 8 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 16

Warlock (Hexblade, Tome) 3, Bard (Lore) 3, Rogue (Swashbuckler) 3, Fighter 1

2 Skills from Half Elf

Fighting Style- Dueling, Second Wind- 1d10+1, Heavy Armor, Con Saving Throw

Charisma to Hit and Damage, 3 Cantrips from Any Class, 2 Invocations, 2 Spell Slots/SR

1 Skill from Bard Multiclass and a Musical Instrument, Bardic Inspiration- 3d6/LR, Jack of All Trades, Song of Rest 1d6, Expertise- 2 Skills, 3 Skills of Choice, Cutting Words, 2 Cantrips, 4 First and 2 Second Level Spell Slots

1 Skill from Rogue Multiclass and Thieves Tools, Expertise- 2 Skills, Cunning Action, Fancy Footwork, Rakish Audacity, 2d6 Sneak Attack

Grand Total of 11 Skills, at least Thieves Tools and 1 Musical Instrument. Expertise in 4 skills. Half Prof in the Rest. 18 AC in Full Plate. +6 Init, 75 HP. Use Booming Blade or Greenflame for Attacks.

Rock Gnome

Str 8 Dex 14 Con 16 Int 16 Wis 13 Cha 12

Wizard (Theurgy, Knowledge) 3, Cleric (Life) 3, Rune Scribe 3, Druid 1

Not going into great detail with this one. You get 2nd Level Wizard Spells, 2nd Level Cleric Spells, 1st Level Druid Spells, and Spell Slots up to 5th Level.

Kane0
2017-03-09, 07:46 PM
Warrior: Fighter 3 / Barbarian 3 / Paladin 2 / Ranger 2
Thief: Monk 3 / Rogue 3 / Ranger 2 / Fighter 2
Mage: Bard 3 / Sorcerer 3 / Warlock 3 / Wizard 1
Priest: Cleric 3 / Druid 3 / Warlock 2 / Bard 2

Naanomi
2017-03-09, 07:58 PM
With stats so low, is being a bear as a Druid just going to win melee combat? Like... Druid 2/Fighter 2/Barbarian (frenzy) 3/Ranger (hunter) 3?

mgshamster
2017-03-09, 08:23 PM
Cantrip Master.

Stats: 8, 12, 10, 13, 14, 15 (mental stats can be switched as desired)

High Elf (free cantrip, +2 dex, +1 int)
2 Wizard Illusionist (4 cantrips)
3 Lore Bard (2 cantrips + skills and expertise)
2 Land Druid (3 Cantrips)
2 Sorc (4 Cantrips, lots of flexible casting)
1 Light Cleric (4 Cantrips)

Total: 17 cantrips and access to 5th level spell slots. Highest level spell is 2nd, so lots of upcasting, but also lots of skills.

Use that high elf free cantrip to gain one that's not on any of your lists from classes. Like warlock EB or something.

Updates: Take V.Human instead, spend the feat on Magic Initiate for two cantrips. Take Arcana domain for the cleric to get a total of 5 cantrips instead of 4. Brings the total up to 19 cantrips.

bid
2017-03-09, 09:36 PM
Use that high elf free cantrip to gain one that's not on any of your lists from classes. Like warlock EB or something.
Wizard's list.

mgshamster
2017-03-09, 09:43 PM
Wizard's list.

Dang it! I missed that.

Arkhios
2017-03-10, 03:12 AM
Hill Dwarf
Warlock 3 / Sorcerer 3 / Cleric (Nature) 1 / Wizard 1 / Bard 1 / Druid 1
8 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con, 14 Int, 14 Wis, 15 Cha

Ok, now hear me out on this one. This might look awful, but I actually think it is OK when you take into account the restrictions here. Second level spells frankly are not that great, and when you are this restricted, I'd actually rather have a ton of options than a few more second level spells. With this, you have every first level spell you could ever dream of having, and nearly all of them prepared all the time. You also have just about every cantrip you could ever want, including a dozen different offensive options so you can always pick what's right for the situation.

Obviously Warlock gives you refreshing spell slots, which is always nice, as well as invocations for whatever you want. It is always tempting to grab agonizing blast, but for this build I would probably prefer utility invocations, since you are all about having something for all situations. Since you probably know and have prepared any rituals you care about, I'd probably go pact of the chain, for a souped up familiar, which just adds more utility.

The Sorcerer levels are obviously for metamagic.

Nature Cleric gives you heavy armor, so you don't care about Dex, and being a dwarf means you don't care about strength for that armor either. Also it gives an extra cantrip which is nice.

And the rest of the levels are just there to pick up more spells and cantrips.

As a summary, with this you would have 4/3/3/1 spell slots per long rest plus 2 more second level per short rest. You know 17 cantrips, and will have 22 spells known/prepared at any given time. And that's not even counting invocations or unprepared wizard rituals.

Basically, if there is a way for a low level character to handle a situation with magic, you not only can do it, but you probably can do it right now.

This is a very decent build actually. BUT, I would take Life domain instead, as it also gets heavy armor proficiency, and has - arguably - better first level domain feature than Nature has (Blessing of Life doesn't care about your cleric level, only spell level, to work). Every little bit counts for healing, even if - or especially when - it's not your full-time job.

Vorpalchicken
2017-03-10, 08:10 AM
This is a very decent build actually. BUT, I would take Life domain instead, as it also gets heavy armor proficiency, and has - arguably - better first level domain feature than Nature has (Blessing of Life doesn't care about your cleric level, only spell level, to work). Every little bit counts for healing, even if - or especially when - it's not your full-time job.

Nature gets heavy armor too. But you should drop the druid level and take another cleric level or something or else you can't wear your heavy armor.

Citan
2017-03-10, 08:50 AM
Like the title says, what would you run? The restriction on this is that your maximum level in any single class is 3. Plan for level 10. (meaning at least 4 classes)

Your stat array is 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
Probably my favorite build for these requirements. ;)

Half-Elf
Swashbuckler Rogue 3 (+CHA to Initiative, Cunning Action, Expertise, Sneak Attack).
Devotion Paladin 3 (+CHA to weapon attacks).
Bear Barbarian 3 (Rage, protection)
Fighter 1 (TWF style)
STR 16, DEX 14, CON 12, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 16.
This guy is a "not so bright" ex-Paladin, that was first engaged because his Barbarian tradition and martial training were deemed a precious asset for an ongoing war against zombies invasion.
Alas, in spite of being strangely charismatic and extremely invested in his Oath in daily life, his lack of wits and common sense led him to some nasty mistakes, and he was finally pushed out of the Order for political reasons. Now he tries to uphold his values by living as a "honor mercenary" and earning a reputation as a loyal opponent (fighting sometimes in underground duels), while walking a fine line as many of his missions seems on the wrong side of the law, albeit never life-threatening, mainly larceny.

For normal fights, he likes to make quick attacks by using a rapier in main hand and daggers off-hand.
When a worthy opponent presents himself, he inspires his weapon with his faith, using off-hand to balance himself or to wield a shield.

Alternative: switch Fighter for Sorcerer for Dex build, using Mage Armor and weapon cantrips. ;) Much more optimized, but not the same feeling at all. ^^

Another one I'd like to play (still Half-Elf)
Swashbuckler 3 (same as above)
Bladesinger Wizard 3
Lore Bard 3
Draconic Sorcerer 1
STR 8 / DEX 16 / CON 12 / INT 14 / WIS 10 / CHA 16
This one is a charmer, a lone wolf spending most of his time fooling around with women, using music, sweet words and cheap magic tricks to seduce his way into whatever social circle he wants, using Comprehend Languages as necessary
When push comes to shove, he uses his magic to provide a great defense (Mirror Image/Blur, Shield, Bladesong) while piercing his opponent with burning or electrizing metal (GFB/BB), occasionally using debuffs to further help (Heat Metal, Blindness).
He pays attention to never get surrounded and avoids any attempt to shove him thanks to his Expertise in Acrobatics.

Otherwise, he occasionally uses Disguise Self to avoid conflict or sneak inside

In fact, I'd probably have much more fun with the second one. XD

Arkhios
2017-03-10, 09:06 AM
Nature gets heavy armor too. But you should drop the druid level and take another cleric level or something or else you can't wear your heavy armor.

Two things.
1) I never said Nature Domain doesn't get heavy armor.
2) Druids are not prohibited from wearing heavy armor. They are prohibited from wearing armor made of metal. A kind DM might let you find a plate made of bullette carapace or something similar. In fact, there is a Dragon Scale (scale mail) that is made out of dragon scales, so a druid can use it, even though scale mail is normally made of metal. There's also a possibility that an item is made of unusual material, without making it any more fragile. If you have DMG, see Minor Properties, at page 143. (Strange Material).

Vorpalchicken
2017-03-10, 09:29 AM
Okay . I hope your DM is kind.

Arkhios
2017-03-10, 09:33 AM
Okay . I hope your DM is kind.

That remains to be seen, as we're not that far in our adventure using 5th edition rules, but I know that I am a lenient DM and since the Dungeon Master's Guide itself provides these possible minor properties, I don't see why not use them. They can be really fun, especially with low level characters finding their first "magic items" which might not have much else than these properties. It makes the treasure more interesting.

Sir cryosin
2017-03-10, 09:56 AM
Hill dwarf. 1hp per level, and con and Wis stat bump.
STR:8
Dex:12
Con:16
Int:10
Wis:16
Chr:13
3 levels in ranger beast conclave. d10 hit dice x3, bear companion (extra attack), fighting style, other ranger goodies.
3 levels in druid Circle of the moon. d8 hit dice, wild shape (I'm AFB but don't bear get multiattack?), cantrips/spells ( shillelagh)
3 levels in arcane cleric. d8 hit dice, two extra cantrips firebolt or ray of frost/ green flame blade or booming blade, more cantrips/spells
1 level in stone sorcerer. Purely for the con for AC, but a few extra cantrips/spells.
Hp just taking average= 93
AC 18. 13+3+2 sorcerer+ Dex+ shield.

joaber
2017-03-11, 10:05 AM
The trick or treat:
Kobold
STR:6
Dex:16
Con:12
Int:10
Wis:13
Chr:15

Warlock 3 - great old one chain pact
Cleric 3 - trickery domain
Rogue 3 - arcane trickester
Sorcerer 1 - draconic.

Chain pact give you an imp, that can carry you (kobold weight 25bs), so now you're invisible and can fly. Agonizing blast and misty visions invocation. Attack with EB and hex. Imp and you're invisible while he don't attack, so he carry you around and use hide action while you act.
Cleric gives you shield prof, invoke duplicity, blessing of trickester, bless, pass without a trace and spiritual sword.
Rogue expertise, cunning action and a nice mage hand.
Draconic sorc gives natural armor, so less weight.
Just stay hide and just see/make the word burn.