PDA

View Full Version : The Cult of the Crimson Wyrm

Genth
2017-03-09, 05:40 PM
Tink

You can hear something tinking on the outside of the world. Then the world moves, and you feel yourself thunk gently against the side of the world. Then you are still again, and the world is warm, as it should be... you only just now realize that the world was colder than it should have been. Now though, it is warm again, and you can feel fire starting to run through your veins once more.

THUNK

The world shudders, jerking to the side all of a sudden. You feel the direction of the world change. What once was side is now down. And you can hear something happening outside the world. For the first time, you are aware that there *IS* something outside the world.

"Wux geou ti jaseve tenpiswo, vaecaesin!"

Something is speaking outside, a voice which fills you with fear.. and warmth. There is the sound of roaring fire, then silence.

"Vdri, vraktor. Wux re tokeq" <// children. you. safe. \\>

CREAK

The world is small. Too small for you now, you can feel your body push wetly against the edge of the world. You know the world is an egg, and the edge a shell, but still, it is everything. But you know now that it is time to leave the egg, or die. It is time to meet the Frightening, Warm voice. It is time to feed. It is time to hatch.

Make a Strength Check

Draconium
2017-03-09, 05:46 PM
For a moment, I struggle, pushing out bith by body against my egg, my world. A world now far too small for me.

[roll0]

Genth
2017-03-09, 05:56 PM
You push, hard, and you feel the egg give way just a bit. It is not enough however, and you feel yourself still entrapped by the sturdy chitin around you. Then a flake falls away, just in front of your left eye, and for the first time, you can see light fill your vision. Beyond your egg, you can see another, a long crack along the side facing you and the hint of a claw moving across it. Across the rocky, cavernous room you can see small little red things, scaled, but on two legs and holding spears. They babble to eachother in high-pitched draconic. You can understand, but their tone fills you with irritation and hunger. With a cracking sound, the egg around you fragments, and you are free.

Draconium
2017-03-09, 06:02 PM
I felt myself fall onto the floor in an ungainly heap. The process of hatching had not been a clean one, and I still felt weighed down by the embryonic fluid. I struggled for a moment before standing, a new feat for me. I shook to dry myself off, and while not entirely successful, a significant amount of the fluid flew through the air from the motion. I began looking around. A new sensation, hunger, filled me, and I did not like it. I needed food.

Genth
2017-03-09, 06:09 PM
A loud chuckling fills the chamber, and you can see a massive, ruby-scaled tail sweep down, pushing and flinging five of the two-legs towards you.

"Slathalin jacion, skav. Slathalin jacion, loreat, vur achthend jacida resksik"

"Fight him, vermin. Fight him, die, and nourish his stomach."

The five two-legs turn, eyes wide, nattering away in their pidgin draconic, before two of them let out terrified yells and charge at you.

Kobold 1: [roll0]
[roll1]
Kobold 2: [roll2]
[roll3]

Initiative for all of them after this attack: [roll4]

Please Roll Initiative

Draconium
2017-03-09, 06:19 PM
Though I initially recoiled from the attack, I needn't have worried. One missed completely, while the other's weapon simply bounced harmlessly off my hide.* Growling furiously, I lunged, seeking to rip and tear into the one who dared hit me.

*Based off their attack rolls - one rolled to low to even hit my Touch AC, while the other one rolled higher, but not high enough to hit my actual AC (or flat-footed, in this case), which I interpret as having the attack physically hit, but failing to pierce armor and deal damage.

Anyways, attacking the second kobold. I assume they're kobolds.

Bite: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Claw 1: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Claw 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Genth
2017-03-09, 06:28 PM
The two Kobolds whimper as their weapons bounce harmlessly off your tough hide, starting to move back, but not fast enough to stop your claws and maw from tearing into them, their soft flesh giving way before your weapons, hot, warm blood splashing onto your tongue and lighting your brain with pleasure. The taste of the kobolds is rank, acrid, but it is the first flesh you have ever tasted... and you want more. You look up to see the three remaining kobolds looking around in terror, before one is torn asunder by another red scaled beast, with dripping wings and glowing eyes. This thing tears into the unfortunate Kobold with relish, sending the other two running in the opposite direction.

Just an FYI, you can always designate as many targets as you have attacks, since natural attacks can go to different enemies. I did it automatically this time, but in future you can do a list of targets by going 'Enemy X-> Enemy Y-> Enemy Z and so on.

Draconium
2017-03-09, 06:43 PM
Still savoring the taste of the two dead kobolds, I leered hungrily as the the other two began to run. But they would not get far. I ran towards them, my four legs covering distance quicker than their two could, and as I approached, I felt my instincts ignite within me. A thrum of energy within my chest, one which burned to be released. Before I even realized what I was doing, I drew my head back with an inhalation, and pushed the energy, willing it into existence before me. Fire, brighter than anything I had yet seen, billowed from my maw. Both kobolds were caught in the newfound blaze.

Basically, I moved closer to the two remaining kobolds and used my breath weapon on them. The DC is 17.

Damage: [roll0]

Recharge: [roll1] rounds

Genth
2017-03-09, 06:53 PM
The two kobolds ran faster as you gave chase, and as you summoned the primal fire that had been building in your body, they dove to the side, the fire scorching them, but leaving them still standing. But seeing nowhere else to turn, they turned to face you, shaking. You felt the other four-legs step up beside you, its body larger, stronger than yours. With a roar, and two squeals, your sibling and the kobolds charged, one kobold for you, the other to meet your sibling.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

With a whimper, the other kobold crumpled beneath your sibling's attack, as the one who charged you misses you wildly.

Draconium
2017-03-09, 06:57 PM
I felt myself laughing at the kobold's pathetic attempts to attack me. As he struggled to recover from his miss, I laid into him, tearing with tooth and claw.

Claw 1: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Claw 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Genth
2017-03-09, 07:33 PM
The Kobold was torn to shreds by your claws, and you found yourself and your sibling alone again in the pit, the stench of blood and rent flesh filling the air. Already your sibling was torching one of the corpses before diving in to start devouring it. A few minutes of silent feasting pass before that warm/frightening voice fills the pit once more.

"Algbo authot sia vraktor. Shar nomenes jahen plythu, hawrk'ghukech skav. Persvek wer keari ekess confn wux geou slathalin vur gribkoan shafaer kiarf throdenilt... torak pluvt." the voice booms, and looking up, you can see the gargantuan, horned head of a Red Dragon, its eyes a burning, magma-cracked red, with no pupil to speak of.

Well done my children. But those were weak, pathetic vermin. In the days to come you will fight and feast on much more... appropriate prey.

It seems to regard you for a short time, head tilting.

"Si mi relgra 'Wer Ithael Batobot Dronilnric Wer Sulta Kiari Persvek Ixen Gloma Denthanus'. Si mi dout dask. Renthisj jaka, vraktor, vur visp ve dout ominak."

"I am called 'the wyrm that brings the end days in fire filled terror'. I am your mother. Speak now, children, and tell me your name."

Draconium
2017-03-09, 07:50 PM
A name... Yes. A name. That was what I was missing. For a moment I thought on it as I ate the flesh before me. Then it hit me. Yes, that was a good name, it would do nicely. I straightened, looking my mother in her eye, and I spoke my first words.

"Si mi 'Wer Sultana Ixen Svabolen Tukaic Cuin'."

"I am 'The Endless Fire Which Reigns Supreme'."

Genth
2017-03-09, 08:12 PM
Your mother laughed.

"Mishun vi ith hefoc ominak! Zi algbo, wux nishka jaka qe relgra Wer Sultana Ixen Svabolen Tukaic Cuin. Ihk mabliki, 'Tukaic' geou tir"

"Such a lord-like name! Very well, you shall be called 'The Endless Fire Which Reigns Supreme'. For mortals, Tukaic will suffice."

Your sibling turned, hissing, and shouts out her reply

"Relgr ve dartak, thric, gix, thric, narod!"

"Call me hate, no claw, no, maw!"

Mother chuckled.

"Talutep, korinth gloma vur tuor ekess gain ibahalii. Si nishka ominak wux, sia hianag, 'Wanotreyx'."

Petulant, rage filled and eager to prove yourself. I shall name you, my daughter, 'Ambition'.

Draconium
2017-03-13, 12:35 PM
I turned and flashed a toothy grin at my sibling. "'Wanotreyx'? Wer ominak soyolic wux, myvish." I glanced around a little more. "Ui mobi tikil achthend zulf? Si mi ysik nugriup tenamalo."

1st: "Ambition"? The name fits you, sister.

2nd: Is there any food left? I am rather hungry again.

Genth
2017-03-13, 04:13 PM
Your mother laughed again, and inclined her head to you, before reaching back behind her and throwing down something pink-skinned, and wriggling....

Time, even for a Dragon is uneven. Sure, their superior lives mean that even compared to the elves, even years are mere blips of events, but to a fresh-born Wyrmling, time stretches out.

Your mother taught the pair of you many things, language, history, arcane knowledge, alongside more practical pursuits such as sneaking, flying and killing. It became readily apparent, quite quickly that Wanotreyx was.. ill suited for the more mentally demanding subjects, though her strength was prodigious. She was vicious and cruel, almost always playing with her food...

And it came that, three years or so after your birth, you were exploring a part of your mountainous home, the freedom to go outside granted only rarely and when Mother was around. You alighted atop a grand and prominent rock, when you heard the roar of your sister coming from the south, a roar of mirthful joy. When you approached, you saw her perched on a cliff, looking down into a small, but severe ravine. At the bottom, splayed out and with red blood seeping into the stone, was a horse, fallen from the clifftops... and standing beside it was a tall, thin creature, clad in shimmering mail, and aiming an arrow at your sister.

Make a Knowledge (Religion) check

Draconium
2017-03-14, 11:41 PM
Curious, I decided to investigate. I swooped down towards the ravine, landing some distance away from the mortally injured horse and whatever this new, strange creature was. I looked at them for a moment before looking up at Wanotreyx.

"<Sister,>" I called out, "<is this a new pet you've found? It looks quite strange.>"

Genth
2017-03-15, 08:32 PM
<"I don't know, brother. It was in out mountains, and I want to kill it". hissed your sister, her tongue whipping out to taste the air, before readying herself to pounce upon the creature below.

With a sudden cry, the creature glowed with a bright, blue-tinted light, and loosed an arrow at Wanotreyx.. followed by several more in quick succession

Attack 1 [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2], Damage [roll3]
Attack 3 [roll4], Damage [roll5]

Your sister reels back, snarling as an arrow lodges deep in her side, filled with the same burning blue light as surrounds the creature.

Initiative Rolled, you're up next

Draconium
2017-03-16, 11:31 PM
Whatever this creature was, it certainly wasn't going to get away with this. Whatever that blue light had been - magic? - it made it dangerous, and that meant we had to end this quickly. I snarled and pounced on it, looking to sink my fangs into its flesh.

Genth
2017-03-17, 04:10 PM
You dashed forwards, leaping from a high spot in the hopes of charging and biting the unfortunate creature, but your jaws clamp down only on air, your wild leap missing the mark by a mile. The creature snarled and replied in a language your mother taught you, a sibilant, lilting tongue she called 'Vaecaesin' :

<"Foul creature! Prepare to die!">

before stepping backwards, and taking aim at you, that blue glow suffused its body once again.

[roll0] | [roll1]
[roll2] | [roll3]
[roll4] | [roll5]

+6 Damage if at least one attack hits

Spitting in pain and anger, your sister also leaps forwards, to charge and attack the creature

[roll6] | [roll7]

Her attack connects, and the creature lets out a growl of pain as her jaws score a nasty gash on its side.

Draconium
2017-03-21, 12:03 PM
Screeching in pain, I stumbled back as all three arrows connected, sending waves of pain throughout my body. Blindly, I unleashed an inferno in the creature's direction, hoping to burn it away. But I knew it wouldn't work.

"<I'm going to get Mother!>" I called out to my sister the second the fire had ceased flowing. I quickly turned and leapt away, pumping my wings to give me distance as I called out, my voice wracked in pain.

Fire breath with DC 17 for [roll0] damage, and a [roll1] round recharge time. Then I turn and move-action fly away, because that last/first attack dropped me below half health and I don't want to die as a wyrmling. :smalltongue:

Genth
2017-03-21, 05:46 PM
The creature leaps to the side, your fire scorching its left leg, but it rolls to a crouch one again, bow in hand. As you fly away, you hear your sister give out a screech and a roar, flames roiling over the crevasse.

You fly quickly and expertly, sharp eyes and ears seeking out your mother.

I rolled your perception and fly checks for you. You did well.

It doesn't take long before you catch her scent of brimstone and flesh, diving down into a glowing crater to find her, coiled and not unlike a small mountain herself. She is fast asleep.