PDA

View Full Version : Powerful mind character creation? advice to help?

leif.nyland
2017-03-09, 05:58 PM
I was thinking that it would be cool to play a character that uses its mind for everything, but mainly controlling people to fight for her.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I should create this character. I would be very grateful.

Dagroth
2017-03-09, 06:09 PM
Beguiler/Mindbender/Thrallherd seems to be the way to go, based on posts I've read.

Particle_Man
2017-03-09, 07:20 PM
Maybe psion (telepath) as a base class before thrallherd?

Venger
2017-03-09, 08:02 PM
Maybe psion (telepath) as a base class before thrallherd?

This actually isn't necessary.

One of my favorite tricks in the game:

Any character can actually qualify for thrallherd. Just take telepathic affinity. It allows you to manifest mindlink 1/day at an ML of 1/2 your level. Just wait until 10 to enter, and you're all set. Beguiler into mindbender, cool your heels in something else (such as the classic rainbow servant) pop into thrallherd for a level and then leave for something that actually has class features (like rainbow servant) or even more beguiler if you feel so inclined.

Tohsaka Rin
2017-03-09, 10:43 PM
Play (or shapechange yourself) into something tiny or fine size, play a psionic class, pick up control body. Get a party member to roll a wilder or psion (or erudite, if you're feeling especially cheap). Park yourself on the party member, use control body on them.

You are now essentially a two-man war machine. You control the body, they control the mind... And all of their psionic firepower that doesn't require control of their own body to utilize.

I'm sure there are even more efficient ways to pull this off, this was just off the top of my head. Hitting the capstone in Thrallherd gets you a pair of powerful thralls, practically making you two a party in your own right...

...Especially if your psionic party member ALSO takes Thrallherd, too.

Heh, heh, heh.

Ezekiul
2017-03-10, 01:05 PM
Spheres of Power's (Pathfinder 3rd party) Mind Sphere has a good toolset for this type of gameplay. I'd recommend checking it out and adapting it if necessary.