PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] Corruptor Type

Thurbane
2017-03-09, 07:04 PM
HI all,

I'm looking to make an monster/NPC game for my game.

Catch is, it must have the following spells: Morality Undone and Remorseless Charm. This means I'm limited to a Bard or Cleric [or Favored Soul, or Archivist] (maybe Wyrm Wizard or Chameleon as well).

I'm looking for a Charisma based build, so I'm considering Gloura or Succubus as the base.

Any suggestions? Looking for around CR 10 - 11 or so.

Cheers - T

weckar
2017-03-09, 07:10 PM
Remorseless Charm as written is such a weird spell. I can just imagine a Succubus carrying a painting around...

Particle_Man
2017-03-09, 07:26 PM
Perhaps if the monster/NPC had a staff with those spells in it (and thus doesn't need to be so high level in the relevant spellcasting class, or (with UMD) doesn't need to be that class at all)? How many times do you need your monster/NPC to cast these spells?

Thurbane
2017-03-09, 09:45 PM
That's a great idea! A custom Staff or Runestaff is perfect!

Although ability to cast them on a daily basis might be better for a higher level recurring villain...

ShurikVch
2017-03-10, 05:50 AM
Firstly, if you going to use Succubus, then dip in Fiend of Corruption is a must

About the Staff - Dragon #338 allow instead usual Familiar take Imbued Staff, which, besides the "basic" advantages, give access to feat line, on of which is Recharge Staff - allow to spent spells/slots to recharge the Imbued Staff (5 levels of spells for 1 charge, cantrips inapplicable); prerequisites are CL 12, Craft Staff, and ability to imbue a staff

About spells:
How about the Call Forth the Beast from the Heroes of Horror?
Fallen Soul (from Dragon #312): this permanent spell rewarding target for Evil acts - give +4 profane bonus to Str, Con, and Cha for 1 hour; when alignment shifts to Evil, spell doesn't rewards anymore, but punishing for Good acts - drains 4 points of Str, Con, and Cha; target of this spell is immune to Atonement

Crake
2017-03-10, 07:00 AM
Lilitu have casting as a 9th level cleric (based on cha), and are textbook corruptors, able to pass themselves off as clerics of other faiths. You'd need to advance her with 2 levels of cleric to be able to cast remoseless charm though, which would put her at CR14

You're honestly gonna be hard pressed to find a monster at CR10-11 that can cast both those spells, because you need 11 class levels on their own to cast remorseless charm, which, without a monster chassis, is CR11, or like, 14 levels of bard, which is CR 14 without a chassis.

Edit: As a sidenote, lilitu's cleric casting is cha based, so it keeps in theme with your charisma as a primary.

Thurbane
2017-03-10, 12:34 PM
Firstly, if you going to use Succubus, then dip in Fiend of Corruption is a must

About the Staff - Dragon #338 allow instead usual Familiar take Imbued Staff, which, besides the "basic" advantages, give access to feat line, on of which is Recharge Staff - allow to spent spells/slots to recharge the Imbued Staff (5 levels of spells for 1 charge, cantrips inapplicable); prerequisites are CL 12, Craft Staff, and ability to imbue a staff

About spells:
How about the Call Forth the Beast from the Heroes of Horror?
Fallen Soul (from Dragon #312): this permanent spell rewarding target for Evil acts - give +4 profane bonus to Str, Con, and Cha for 1 hour; when alignment shifts to Evil, spell doesn't rewards anymore, but punishing for Good acts - drains 4 points of Str, Con, and Cha; target of this spell is immune to Atonement

Lilitu have casting as a 9th level cleric (based on cha), and are textbook corruptors, able to pass themselves off as clerics of other faiths. You'd need to advance her with 2 levels of cleric to be able to cast remoseless charm though, which would put her at CR14

You're honestly gonna be hard pressed to find a monster at CR10-11 that can cast both those spells, because you need 11 class levels on their own to cast remorseless charm, which, without a monster chassis, is CR11, or like, 14 levels of bard, which is CR 14 without a chassis.

Edit: As a sidenote, lilitu's cleric casting is cha based, so it keeps in theme with your charisma as a primary.

Excellent suggestions, thank you.

Venger
2017-03-10, 02:22 PM
Remorseless Charm as written is such a weird spell. I can just imagine a Succubus carrying a painting around...

When I use this spell, I'd have my character tattoo it on their body. Then when it was time to inflict it on someone, just rip your shirt open like superman. plus since it's a material component, it disappears when the spell goes off, so to the target's allies it looks like your chest just turned them evil.

Inevitability
2017-03-10, 02:47 PM
When I use this spell, I'd have my character tattoo it on their body. Then when it was time to inflict it on someone, just rip your shirt open like superman. plus since it's a material component, it disappears when the spell goes off, so to the target's allies it looks like your chest just turned them evil.

Corrupting the forces of Good, one count of indecent exposure at a time.