PDA

View Full Version : Bands of Blood Rage and DR

FlyingPotato
2017-03-10, 01:27 AM
Does damage reduction apply to the Bands of Blood rage? I have DR 3/- from being a modified version of a hound archon. I think my DR applies, considering the SRD, but it seems rather weird.

Damage reduction does not negate touch attacks, energy damage dealt along with an attack, or energy drains. Nor does it affect poisons or diseases delivered by inhalation, ingestion, or contact.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Idiot me was unclear. I'm not referring to the 1 HP when putting them on, I'm referring to the 5 HP / round when they are activated.

While in a blood rage, a character gains a +5 morale bonus on melee weapon damage rolls. However, each affected creature also takes 5 points of damage each round at the end of its turn as its own body suffers under the strain.

OldTrees1
2017-03-10, 01:41 AM
The bands deal 1 temporarily unhealable damage as a result of the needle inserted into your arm.

This is not something listed on the things DR RAW protects against.
However it is fluffed as a needle which is something DR is RAI supposed to protect against.
But the 1 temporarily unhealable damage is representing the insertion of the needle and DR is fluffed as preventing wounds or closing wounds really fast. So having the DR protect against the 1 damage would prevent the item from being worn based on fluff.

Ask your DM.

KillianHawkeye
2017-03-10, 10:18 AM
DR protects you against damage from weapons and natural attacks. This isn't either. It's a wondrous item that you wear voluntarily.

Besides, it's just one point of damage! Walk it off. :smallamused:

FlyingPotato
2017-03-10, 11:56 AM
Oh... I was rather unclear. Oops.

I was referring to the 5 HP/round of damage taken when activated.

While in a blood rage, a character gains a +5 morale bonus on melee weapon damage rolls. However, each affected creature also takes 5 points of damage each round at the end of its turn as its own body suffers under the strain.

Zanos
2017-03-10, 12:01 PM
It isn't weapon damage, so no DR.