PDA

View Full Version : Is Hagflesh toxic or poisonous?

Coidzor
2017-03-10, 01:29 AM
Can you feed a hag's eyeballs to, say, a raven, without making it sick or killing it?

Also, is eating a hag cannibalism, given that they're hags, which are a form of Fey or Outsider?

War_lord
2017-03-10, 01:55 AM
I can't imagine it would be very tasty. But ultimately DM discretion, if they want it to be horribly poisonous it is, if they want it to taste amazing, it is.

The notion of Cannibalism is rather complex in D&D, because unlike real earth there's a variety of other species that have human level intelligence. Technically a human eating an Elf isn't a cannibal.

Coidzor
2017-03-10, 04:21 AM
I can't imagine it would be very tasty. But ultimately DM discretion, if they want it to be horribly poisonous it is, if they want it to taste amazing, it is.

The notion of Cannibalism is rather complex in D&D, because unlike real earth there's a variety of other species that have human level intelligence. Technically a human eating an Elf isn't a cannibal.

I gave it about 50-50 whether there was some oddball, throwaway line somewhere about them being full of poison or having poison blood or the like.

It's come up at various times throughout previous editions one way or another, but I wasn't aware of anything circa 5E.

Sigreid
2017-03-10, 11:36 AM
RAW it is not, which is good news for the moon druid.

Typhon
2017-03-10, 12:30 PM
Don't forget that certain creatures, mostly scavengers, have a tendency to be more resistant to some toxins from questionable sources. Meat that would be inedible even when cooked for humans, would be fine for a normal raven. A familiar only looks like whatever animal, it could like the taste of twisted hag flesh as a delicacy or it could find it revolting and become angered that you would offer such filth.