PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help with an Artificer build

Colonel Snazzy
2017-03-10, 03:46 AM
Hello,

I'm starting my first d&d 5e campaign later, (I have experience with 3e and 3.5e) and I would like help with building an Artificer.
I'm very interested in the Thunder Cannon and would like help optimising it. I would also like help choosing a race and stats. (I was thinking of going as a gnome for the bonus int) On a side note, does anyone know if you can ride flying things? Because I want the use the mechanical cannon to get a giant eagle and rain death-from-above with my Thunder Cannon.

Azazel_Unbound
2017-03-15, 10:01 AM
As a gnome ot halfling the flying creature in question must be of medium size. I went rock gnome gor mine

Fishyninja
2017-03-15, 01:25 PM
I can confirm Gnomes can ride flying creatures and utilise the Thunder Cannon.

One thing you may want to be aware of some DM's might make you make a strength save to stop you being knocked back.

I know this because I thought it would be a good mechanic :smallbiggrin:

Azazel_Unbound
2017-03-15, 01:54 PM
I can confirm Gnomes can ride flying creatures and utilise the Thunder Cannon.

One thing you may want to be aware of some DM's might make you make a strength save to stop you being knocked back.

I know this because I thought it would be a good mechanic :smallbiggrin:

Thats okay though, you're a tinkerer. Craft a fixed saddle to keep your butt on the mount if you go flying.

Fishyninja
2017-03-15, 02:16 PM
Thats okay though, you're a tinkerer. Craft a fixed saddle to keep your butt on the mount if you go flying.

Oh I've done that but when I'm on the ground, and I'm toe to toe with n enemy it amuses me immensely to put the hurt on my enemy and also to send my tiny little body back 10ft!