PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Cloistered Cleric/Psion character

Baby Gary
2017-03-10, 12:53 PM
Hi All,
I am thinking of creating a cloistered cleric 3/Psion 3/psychic theurge 10. I am wondering if I should be a cloistered cleric of a regular cleric, my domains will be dominatin and inquisition, I will be a lesser Axani. I will be LE, and will rubuke undead and cast inflict spells. I will take the fearie mysteries initiet feat to get int for HP (I got all the fluff for that feat worked out). abilities from greatest to least is:Wiz, Int, Cha, Dex, Str, Con. thats pretty much my entire build.

P.S.
If you guys have any ideas on how to role play this character, what items to get, what feats to get, what spells use, and so on

Venger
2017-03-10, 01:04 PM
cloistered cleric meets your needs for this build better. go for it.

ATHATH
2017-03-10, 01:11 PM
May I recommend being an Ardent instead of a Psion? In addition to supporting the divine theme that you have going on, Ardents are unique in that the level (but not the number) of powers that they can learn are determined by their ML (and PP capacity), not their Ardent level. Pick up Practiced Manifester, and let the good times roll.

Also, the Dominant Mantle and Substitute Powers ACFs are amazing, although since you'll only be dipping into Ardent, you won't be able to pick up Dominant Mantle.

Finally, remember the #1 rule of Psionics: You cannot spend more PP on a power (the base cost of the power + whatever PP you spend augmenting it) than your Manifester Level.

And to answer your question: Yes, you should go for Cloistered Cleric. CC is normally already amazing, but since you're spending so few levels in Cleric and are going into a low-BAB PrC anyway, it's a no-brainer.

ATHATH
2017-03-10, 01:19 PM
In addition to taking the Cloistered Cleric ACF, I also recommend taking the Divine Magician and Divine Restoration.

Will your DM allow you to take DMM: Persist?

Baby Gary
2017-03-10, 01:30 PM
he will but I to make it not as overpowered he will make me take the preresiquite feats, also I want to be a psion, a telepath to be exact, also I jsut remembered that there is a pladin in my party, and I an going to be LE...yah...

ATHATH
2017-03-10, 01:33 PM
he will but I to make it not as overpowered he will make me take the preresiquite feats, also I want to be a psion, a telepath to be exact, also I jsut remembered that there is a pladin in my party, and I an going to be LE...yah...
The Charm and Deception Mantles are things. Use Substitute Powers to fill them with Telepath spells, and you should be good.

Why do you want to be LE? Isn't it more optimal to go LN for those sweet sweet Sanctified spells?

Baby Gary
2017-03-10, 01:36 PM
I want to try playing an evil character, thats all.

Psyren
2017-03-10, 04:07 PM
Seconding Ardent, the MAD of Psion is not worth it unless you have ridiculous stats.

Ardent also multiclasses better, to the point that you could potentially end up with dual 9s.

EDIT: Since you're set on being evil, how about Ur-Priest instead of cleric? That would make dual 9s even easier.